“Great alternative tours and excellent accomodation”

My Favourite Things
Ranked #131 of 535 Tours in Barcelona
Adelaide, Australia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great alternative tours and excellent accomodation”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 8, 2012

there is so much happening in Barcelona, how do yo0u choose? How do you know where to start? An alternative guide to Barcelona's many faces with MFT.
I was really really impressed. My Favourite things enabled us to cross the thresh hold between a shallow touristy time in Barcelona and actually getting to know the locals, the locale and some of the best off the beaten track places and venues to visit. It's a great way to orient yourself. The guides are extremely knowledgable and share so much with you. The best thing is knowing that the very reasonable tour fee goes straight back to locals in Barcelona!!
They had accomodation too, which I very much enjoyed. An apartment or a room in the heart of Barcelona for much cheaper than an impersonal hotel and its a better way to see how people really live. My Favourite things go to great lengths to look after you too. I thoroughly recommend this group! Enjoy!

Visited September 2012

Antwerp, Belgium
“great culinary experience!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 23, 2012

Just came back from Barcelona and had such a fun and interesting culinary tour with My Favourite Things. The guide was such a foodie, whenever she started talking about food our mouths watered. She gave us so many geat ideas for recipes: simple, but original. She also took us to some great local places we would have never found ourselves. At "Angel" I had the best tortilla ever, the cook /server/entertainer is such an amazing character!" We had such a fun time!

Visited January 2012
1 Thank helen h
Waregem, Belgium
“SUPER :)”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 8, 2012

we did an "my favourite things" tour and it was fantastic!!!
the year before we did another one and that was not even half as surprising and original.
One adress in barcelona: MY FAVOURITE THINGS! :)

Visited October 2011
1 Thank natalie s
Ghent, Belgium
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“best place to stay in Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 25, 2011

I got in touch with My Favourite Things some years ago, when we did a trip with work and wanted to get a 'off the beaten track' tour through Barcelona. We got in interesting places where there was not one tourist around, so 'off the beaten track' it was alright.
Last year I found this excellent studio to stay through myft, really centrical (Gotico area), very cosy, with a patio where you can relax and get away for a moment from this hectic town. It is called las Ranas : http://www.myft.net/barcelona-tours/ranas.html

Visited June 2011
Ghent, Belgium
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great fun discovering the real Barcelona!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 9, 2010

Came across this alternative Barcelona tour service via their amusing and informative web site (www.myft.net).

We did a couple of tours (one during a morning and the other an afternoon): the My Favourite Fusion tour, which has a bit of everything, and the Gracia tour, which takes a look at the district of the same name just outside of the very centre of Barcelona. We really enjoyed both tours. First of all, they were fun (which is pretty important when you're on holiday!), but were also both interesting and informative, and also showed parts -and aspects- of the city that you really wouldn't have time/dare to investigate or find out about during a short break. Or even longer, perhaps.

Our guides also took time to patiently answer our (probably dumb) questions and we were given plenty of time to stop for, um, refreshment(!) on the way. Great!

I should say that, as their web site points out, they don't do the bits of Barcelona that you can find out about from a two-page leaflet (the Gaudí buildings, etc.). So if you're the type that only wants to see what everyone else sees when they go somewhere, they're probably not for you. However, if you want to say that you've seen the REAL Barcelona when you get back (and, let's face it, who doesn't?), then these tours will allow you to do so and actually be telling the truth! What more can you ask?!?

My Favourite Things also do a whole load of other tours (shopping, foodie, and even a "Green" tour for the ecologically inclined), as well as activities and workshops in and out of Barcelona, so there is probably something for everyone there.

HIghly recommended!