“Enjoyed lunch, before heading to Picasso Museum”
Review of Bar del Pla

Bar del Pla
Ranked #292 of 9,924 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Mediterranean
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: En el Bar del Pla oferim cuina de mercat, cuina de barra i cuina de taula, plats tradicionals catalans en forma de tapes, platillos o racions juntament amb una acurada seleccio de vins, caves i xampanysEstem oberts tot el dia de 12 a 24 h. Dilluns tancat
Reviewed April 27, 2014

I found Bar del Pla on tripadvisor while looking for good restaurants near Picasso Museum, and was very happy with my choice. The food was good, well presented, and reasonably priced for the location and quality. It is a place I would go again when in Barcelona.

There are newer reviews for Bar del Pla

Reviewed April 24, 2014

When my friends and I asked for information about the menu, the waiter was clearly unwilling to serve us. Despite the fact that we do understand Spanish, it is impossible to know details about the menu. It may be easy for the locals to understand it, but if they do not like to be helpful to tourists, it is better to leave a note at their door. The waiter's information was not precise, giving very brief answers to our questions. When I approached him to ask whether we have done something wrong, he spoke to me in a rude way. I was so surprised by his impatience that I said simply "I am sorry, I ask you apologies for whatever I've done wrong!". His reaction was even worse. And his answer for his attitude was: "I have other customers to serve". Other reviewers have said that the food is very good. Perhaps it is, but in our case it was terrible; dense/heavy; and the prices are very high.The portion of each of our choice was too small, although the waiter suggested that they would be sufficient for us even to share. He served us mediocre glasses of wine. My friends and I were very disappointed and sad when we left. We visited other restaurants in Barcelona which served us great tapas at good prices. I will never come back to this place again!

Reviewed April 22, 2014

Tourists might not be welcome? Difficult to understand the menu and when asking for an explanation, we were "assisted" by a very rude waiter. Food was average and quite expensive.

1  Thank Louise O
Reviewed April 22, 2014

We ate here twice during our stay. Highlights included the delicious cannelloni, burrata and tomatoes (wow), the octopus bombas were great, steak with foie gras. The only disappointment was the strawberry, mushroom and parmesan salad with wasabi sauce which was perfection he first time and totally out of balances the second time. Still, we’d be back and would recommend it

Reviewed April 18, 2014

Ever reliable, Bar del Pla is one restaurants in Barcelona you want to keep going back to. Tucked away in a little alley in the Born area, it consistently delivers exceptional food, the service is always accommodating, and the atmosphere is relaxing and unpretentious. In addition, they seem to be always open, unlike many eateries in Barcelona which look at you like you are crazy if you walk in before 1.30pm for lunch or 7.30pm for dinner....

As is generally the case on this trip to Barca, I visited Bar del pal with my wife and twin babies. We ordered several dishes (all very good) but the highlights were the Patatas Bravas (the best in the city, in my humble opinion, and the only place I have been where I would actually order it again), squid ink croquettes and a crispy beef with foie gras.

They are a little pricey compared with some other decent establishments, but I'll happily pay a premium when the food is this good.