“Rude, unfriendly and very impatient waiter...”
1 of 5 bubbles Review of Bar del Pla

Bar del Pla
Ranked #256 of 9,411 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Bar, Mediterranean, Spanish
Good for: Dining on a budget, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Bar scene
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Brunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: El Born / La Ribera
Description: En el Bar del Pla oferim cuina de mercat, cuina de barra i cuina de taula, plats tradicionals catalans en forma de tapes, platillos o racions juntament amb una acurada seleccio de vins, caves i xampanysEstem oberts tot el dia de 12 a 24 h. Dilluns tancat
Uppsala, Sweden
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Rude, unfriendly and very impatient waiter...”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 24, 2014

When my friends and I asked for information about the menu, the waiter was clearly unwilling to serve us. Despite the fact that we do understand Spanish, it is impossible to know details about the menu. It may be easy for the locals to understand it, but if they do not like to be helpful to tourists, it is better to leave a note at their door. The waiter's information was not precise, giving very brief answers to our questions. When I approached him to ask whether we have done something wrong, he spoke to me in a rude way. I was so surprised by his impatience that I said simply "I am sorry, I ask you apologies for whatever I've done wrong!". His reaction was even worse. And his answer for his attitude was: "I have other customers to serve". Other reviewers have said that the food is very good. Perhaps it is, but in our case it was terrible; dense/heavy; and the prices are very high.The portion of each of our choice was too small, although the waiter suggested that they would be sufficient for us even to share. He served us mediocre glasses of wine. My friends and I were very disappointed and sad when we left. We visited other restaurants in Barcelona which served us great tapas at good prices. I will never come back to this place again!

• Greek first
  • Polish first
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Horrible service and expensive food”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

Tourists might not be welcome? Difficult to understand the menu and when asking for an explanation, we were "assisted" by a very rude waiter. Food was average and quite expensive.

1 Thank Louise O
London
“High quality rustic tapas, highly recommended.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 22, 2014

We ate here twice during our stay. Highlights included the delicious cannelloni, burrata and tomatoes (wow), the octopus bombas were great, steak with foie gras. The only disappointment was the strawberry, mushroom and parmesan salad with wasabi sauce which was perfection he first time and totally out of balances the second time. Still, we’d be back and would recommend it

Sydney, Australia
“A consistently excellent offering”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 18, 2014

Ever reliable, Bar del Pla is one restaurants in Barcelona you want to keep going back to. Tucked away in a little alley in the Born area, it consistently delivers exceptional food, the service is always accommodating, and the atmosphere is relaxing and unpretentious. In addition, they seem to be always open, unlike many eateries in Barcelona which look at you like you are crazy if you walk in before 1.30pm for lunch or 7.30pm for dinner....

As is generally the case on this trip to Barca, I visited Bar del pal with my wife and twin babies. We ordered several dishes (all very good) but the highlights were the Patatas Bravas (the best in the city, in my humble opinion, and the only place I have been where I would actually order it again), squid ink croquettes and a crispy beef with foie gras.

They are a little pricey compared with some other decent establishments, but I'll happily pay a premium when the food is this good.

Vienna, Austria
“Tourists not welcome?”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2014

I came here on the recommendation of a local. It was still quite early in the evening and only a few people were sitting by the bar. I wanted to have a few tapas at the bar but was told the whole place was reserved. It occurred to me that they decided that when they noticed that I am a tourist. There were some reserved signs on tables but standing by the bar should have been doable. It's a shame because what I saw other people eating looked truly delicious.