“Beautiful architecture”

Ranked #2 of 748 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stunning outside, unimaginable inside!
Reviewed December 20, 2013

Gaudi's work is amazing. We skipped some of the audio-guide and got a glimpse of everything in about an hour, but if you want to listen to everything, you will need about 2 hours.

There is a lot to see and you can go up the roof and get a view of the city. We were there at the evening and it was beautiful. The elevator wasn't working when we were there, so take a note that there are a few stories to go up in order to see everything.

The entrance fee is 20 euros, and there is a 4 euros discount for students.

Write a ReviewReviews (46,348)

Reviewed December 20, 2013

I loved this building so much and the thought that went into it. I think I had totally underestimated Gaudi but I can really see why people flock to view his creations. Not only are they fun and colourful but practical too like the adjustable air vents built into the walls, the flow of the handrails are so ergonomic he was way ahead of his time. I really think you try to see at least one of his creations that are more personal - as in this house where he even designed the furniture.

1  Thank tembi1
Reviewed December 18, 2013

That is titule of my visit to Casa Batllo: A Great Surprise.
I never was so chocked with a place like that.
I really don't want to explain, i just would say, It worth the money they charge.
You can not go to Barcelona and do not enjoy the opportunity to amaze your self.

1  Thank Bruno L
Reviewed December 18, 2013

I could have looked around this amazing building all day. I bought more souveniers here than anywhere else on my European holiday.

1  Thank SimoneinSydney
Reviewed December 18, 2013

The museum is a wonderful walk around and up and down. It was crowded the day we went, but the self-guided audio tour explains what is seen. The architecture and design of Gaudi is on display in this multi-use building. People still live in apartments in the building and share the stairwell with the tourists! The Office and living quarters of the original owner are the museum open to the public. With the self-guided audio tour you can take your time to see all the unusual details of the building. Very popular site and well worth the couple of hours to visit.

1  Thank Richard B