“A must to visit in Barcelona, even though pricey”
Review of Casa Batllo

Ranked #2 of 751 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Owner description: Stunning outside, unimaginable inside!
Reviewed March 26, 2013

First time when I visited Barcelona, I missed this due to a long entry queue. This time was better and you can actually buy tickets online and save the time.
Even though quite pricey, I still think it worth a visit. You can visit the ground floor, the garden, the staircase, the last floor and the rooftop. The audio guide is free and most probably it's best to follow the tour.
Take a moment to enjoy each of the house details. Gaudi was an architectural genius and this was one of its masterpieces.

1  Thank beradrian
Write a ReviewReviews (46,970)

Reviewed March 26, 2013

The wood works in the rooms, the amazing windows with their metal handles and the ability to manually change the entrance of fresh air to control the heat, the breaking of all straignt lines and rectangular structures, an amazing piece of genial architecture

Reviewed March 25, 2013

As a young and poor traveler, I was hesitant to spend 20 euro on touring a house - until I saw the facade. What a breath taking site! The outside of the building is meant to look like fish scales, with balconies that look like skulls. I knew it could only get better on the inside. I went about 40 mins prior to sunset, there were not many people there, so my friend and I got to enjoy the tour almost to ourselves. You get a lanyard that plays a tour for each room in whatever language you choose. You can touch everything, and you should! Every part of this house is so insanely intricate, I found myself examining the base boards and ceilings! You tour through the whole house, and find your way to the roof. By the time we got there the sun was setting over Barcelona, giving us the most spectacular views. I plan on going again and again and again, as I have never experienced a place so beautiful before. Please, treat yourself and tour the Casa Batllo!

1  Thank Bridget C
Reviewed March 25, 2013

the man was a genius we liked all of the rooms nothing to dislike there seemed to be plenty of space even thought the house was busy, the numbering of the rooms was a little confusing.

Reviewed March 25, 2013

I just looked from outside, but it was a unique building that everything around it looked so...normal.
I did not go into the building, but it would be nice if I could.
One of the must to see Guaid's special architectural buildings.