“Huge rooms, good location”

Hotel SERHS Rivoli Rambla
Ranked #203 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed July 30, 2014

I stayed at this hotel during the Mobile World Congress, so the prices were astronomical. It would be unfair to review the value og the room in this particula period.
On the positive side, the hotel has a great location for tourists on the northern end of Las Ramblas. I was on the first floor with a small balcony opening out to the street, but there was no noise problems during the night.
The room was very spacious with a lounge and a semi-separate bedroom and wardrobe. In the lounge there was also a piano :-)
The bathroom had a jacuzzi and separate shower. Very nice!
Breakfast was also good.
One of the coolest rooms I've stayed in, with bold interior design, and a ceiling that must have been more than four meters high.

Room Tip: Rooms facing Las Ramblas definately have the best view. I didn't hear any noise from the street...
  • Stayed: February 2014, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (1,417)

Reviewed July 26, 2014

we were 2 18 years girls staying 5 nights
we got a room with no wifi (suppose to be) the shower did not work well (we call 3 time and they send 3 time a man to fix it until it work well) we changed 6 keys untyl the door open
the room look old (the other room in the hotel look better )
we felt they gave us a bad room becoue we are young

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with friends
2  Thank Kobi S
SerhsHotels, Gerente at Hotel SERHS Rivoli Rambla, responded to this reviewResponded October 16, 2014

Thank you for taking the time to answer the questionnaire regarding your recent stay at Hotel Serhs Rivoli Rambla.

I am truly sorry that your stay at Hotel Serhs Rivoli Rambla did not meet your expectations.
Immediately after receiving your feedback I've notify my supervisor about it and the matter is now under his personal investigation.

Learning from negative reviews is at the core of our constant pursuit to improve and to excel and I assure you that your feedback will receive the full attention of all the relevant managers.

If you have any additional information that you believe may help us in our investigation please share it with us by replying to this email.

We hope to have the chance to host you in the future and to change your view about our hotel.

Mr. Miquel Peña
Manager
Hotel Serhs Rivoli Rambla

Reviewed July 25, 2014

Great value for your money. Stayed there both before and after a cruise. My daughter and I were both pleasantly surprised!!!

Nice clean room large enough for 2 with 2 large suitcases. Bathroom was nice.

Hotel staff was friendly though at times I felt that there was a language barrier (I don't speak Spanish well and only speak English) but was definitely able to communicate with everyone at the hotel. They are able to keep luggage in a back room until your room is ready around 3. The breakfast buffet in the hotel was typical foods (meats, juices, coffee, eggs) and good.

Wifi was free though the connection wasn't always the best in our hotel room. There was a charge to use the safety deposit box in the room, but it was a reasonable cost.

Location can't be beat. Very close to Plaza Catalunya which is where the metro is located, many sightseeing tours start and stop, and the bus from the airport stops. It is located on La Rambla in the gothic section close to great shopping, restaurants, and sightseeing.

Room Tip: Stayed in a room overlooking the courtyard. Room seemed quieter than reviews stated.

Dear Sir,

As General Manager, I want to personally thank you for sharing with us your comments about the Serhs Rivoli Rambla.

I am glad to know that your stay with us was satisfactory. Thank you again because comments like yours encourage us to improve!

I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Miquel Peña

Reviewed July 23, 2014 via mobile

I stayed in the hotel for a week with my family.
Pros : I foud an excellent service, clean place , good breakfast and best location.
Cons : bad wifi reception in the upper floors. Constant typical urban noise from the main street should be a problem for some noise- sensitive guests.

1  Thank mostz
Reviewed July 15, 2014

Stayed here for 4 nights with my brother. We booked via Bookings.com, through the advertisement on trip adviser. The ad said free buffet breakfast included however upon checked in we were informed by a not so friendly employee that it is only included for people booking through the direct website. This was not specified in their add on trip adviser. Missing buffet breakfast didn't bother us too much because the La Booqueria market is only a few minutes down the road and the fresh juice, fruits and nuts provided the perfect start to our day. Good luck finding a good coffee around here though!

The rooms were big enough for 2 large suitcases. Bathroom was a good size and the shower pressure was very good. We had the "Do not disturb" sign up 24/7 due to reading reviews of theft. Our belongings were not stolen, however, even with the sign up our towels were replaced in the bathroom and bins were emptied however beds were not changed. I appreciated to clean towels and understand our beds not being touched due to the "do not disturb sign" however not sure how I feel about them entering the room even with the sign up.
There is a safe in the room, however you need to pay for a key to use it. There are no tea/coffee making facilities in the room which is disappointing for a 4 star. The walls were dirty and a little run down for a 4 star but the room felt pretty clean.

I loved this city however La Ramblas is a very busy street. The location of this hotel is convenient, next to the metro and close to bus stops and transfers to the airport, however, when you walk out of the hotel there are people trying to sell you things. it is a very touristy strip. If I was to come back, which I most likely will, I would avoid staying on the street and try and find something in the Gothic Area as it has much more character and less tourists.

Room Tip: Request a back room. Not a great view but much quieter!
1  Thank jessica-tot
Reviewed July 11, 2014

We stayed at this hotel after a cruise, to which this hotel seems to be quiet accustomed to and does a lot of business with. First off everyone was greeted warmly and after a week long with no wi fi at sea everyone was busy using the free wi fi provided.
Check in was swift and even though our room was not ready until after 3 pm our luggage was stored until rooms ready.
Hotel is situated centrally in La Rambla, great for a stroll down La Rambla or the square to catch hop on off buses and for further convenience a supermarket located across the street - perfect.
Upon return we found room to be spacious and clean. Even though our room faced la Rambla we could hear some noise but not enough to put us off our nights sleep.
A good choice for breakfast the following morning. Typical breakfast a choice of cereals fruit, breads & hot food etc
I wouldn't think it stands up to a 4 star rating but that said I wouldn't hesitate to stay there again.
One thing if your travelling with luggage to airport, apparently minivan taxi cant stop outside hotel but a short walk to the top of La Rambla you can get your taxi.....

2  Thank dood8

Dear Sir,

I am glad to know that your stay with us was good. Thank you again because comments like yours encourage us to improve!

I hope to welcoming you back soon.

Yours sincerely,

Miquel Peña

Reviewed July 7, 2014

Staying anywhere on The Ramblas offers a real vibrate experience of Barcelona. Booked on line with booking channel manager. Our first stay was for two nights following disembarkation from Cruise. Travelling with friends rooms were not available until after 3pm. Not sure if this is standard but hotel is busy with lots of guests either staying either pre or pet cruises. Our rooms were on first level overlooking The Rambals with good natural light and good for people watching strolling the Ramblas. Plenty of restaurants to choose and every food type imaginable including traditional big name fast food chains.

Our room was spacious, bed comfortable but pillows like rock. One only spare pillow in cupboard. Room safe key available for a fee but was not secured to anything solid. No ironing facilities nor available unless one paid for outside service. Our room was quiet noisy as much activity to early hours of the morning.
Bathroom clean with good guest amenities and good size towelling.
Staff very helpful and friendly. Hotel offered to store our luggage overnight whist we visited Sitges overnight before our return stay.

Staff greeted us warmly and were able to leave balance of luggage until rooms ready around 4pm. Our rooms this time were on 6th level, recently refurbished, spacious and much quieter. Our room also had balcony terrace and having opening doors/ windows was fantastic.
Would highly recommend, did not use restaurant or bar, both looked clean and comfortable. Free Wi Fi was much appreciated.

Room Tip: Ask for quiet room
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple