“A good europien hotel”

Hotel SERHS Rivoli Rambla
Ranked #209 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed June 22, 2013

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
2  Thank Lazevnik B
Write a ReviewReviews (1,462)

Reviewed June 22, 2013

This hotel is located in the most intresting part of Barcelona- La Rambla!
L Rambla is close to alot of touristic thngs to see in the city - Close to the Gothic Quarter, close to the port, a minute walk from Catalunya Sq and Garcia Street, :) La Rambla is a lively pedestrian street fun and interesting to be night and day.
Thats for location. For anything else its quite average- The rooms, the service, the breakfast...
But fare prices as well. We enjoyed it do to the location which was important for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 19, 2013

We stayed twice at this hotel, a night before our cruise and two nights after. If the second stay wasn't already booked, I wouldn't stay there after the first stay.. but luckily the second stay was little better.

The location is great, at the Rambla and facing Carrefour store, where we could find all grocery we needed.
Check-in time is 3:30 PM! In our first stay we arrived in the morning and requested for early check-in if possible (in addition to the request while reservation was made), but the room was ready at 3:30 PM Exactly!! not a minute earlier.
On the second stay we were allowed to get the room by 1:30.

I had no help deliver the bags to the room, in case this matters to you.

The room space was good. We are a family of 2 adults and 2 kids.. and by the way this was one of the few hotels that accepts a family of this size in one room.

The room housekeeping we had was too bad. On one day we placed the room service sign on the door at 10:00 AM and came back at 4:30 PM.. and the housekeeping wasn't done!

Room Tip: Room 101 if you have kids! It has larger space.
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed June 15, 2013

We stayed at the Rivoli Rambla and were pleasantly surprised, we had a few bad reviews on here and were a bit worried about our stay, but we were very very impressed with the hotel.

It was our honeymoon, and we were staying for a week, on our own - no children. It was bliss. The hotel put on a nice bottle of bubbly wine for us on arrival, which was unexpected and lovely. We had a room at the back of the hotel and it was amazing to think that there was a bustling city on the other side of the hotel, as it was almost completely silent on our side. The room was clean and spacious and we loved it.

The staff were helpful and overall the hotel was perfect, we didn't actually eat in the restaurant as we liked to wander and see where we ended up.

As a tourist, you couldn't have asked for a better location, right in the heart of the city, on the market street. It was brilliant, everything was within walking distance - pubs, tapas bars, restaurants and most importantly - Gaudi's buildings. It was simply beautiful.

A few mornings we went onto the roof terrace and looked down at the busy busy street, but we didn't think it was as noisy as some people had said it was. I would think that if you were staying in a tourist rich destination such as Barcelona and that you had picked a hotel right on the most famous street there that you might expect some noise due to high levels of tourists such as yourselves.

I would stay there again in a heart beat.

Room Tip: People are suggesting that the street facing rooms are too noisy, so if you are sensitive to noise...
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Natalie M
Reviewed June 14, 2013

Clean, comfortable beds, amazing location near food, shops, transport (hop on, hop off buses) and everything you need. Across the road is a great park/square full of pigeons and fountains. The kids loved it. Grocery shop as well. Amazing! The only negative from my kids is that all the channels on the TV are in Spanish! Haha

• Stayed: June 2013
2  Thank Petafab
Reviewed June 12, 2013

The hotel is situated in the very central part of the town on Rambler street. Pretended to be 4 stars, but really it is 3 star hotel. My room was without a window (except something like a window to a chimney). There was an unidentified bad smell. It was not clean. However the breakfast was really good. It was very noisy, probably because of the thin walls. I will never go to this place again.

Room Tip: Thera are rooms with a real window and a balcony, ask for them
  • Stayed: June 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Ivanmil
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I stayed at the Hotel Rivoli Rambla for three nights. I was tired after an overnight train from Paris. The hotel was very easy to find, right on the Rambla near Placa de Catalunya. The hotel is nice with modern decor. The front desk staff was super friendly, courteous and professional. Check-in was super fast and easy. My room was very spacious (one of the largest during my trip to Europe) with nice hard wood floors. The bed was very comfortable. The bathroom was spotless and the shower had good water pressure and plenty of hot water. I had a small balcony with sliding glass door to let in some fresh air. There's a button to electronically open and close the shades. There's a flat screen TV with lots of channels including BBC and CNN. My room was very quiet. The hotel is situated in an excellent area with lots and lots of restaurants and shops close by. The Corte ingles department store and Hard Rock cafe is a few minutes walk from the hotel. "La Boqueria" marketplace is also very nearby and a great place for eating and snacking. I loved the fresh juices and fruits every morning for 1 Euro. Try the Mango Kiwi juice...my favorite. The hotel is close to both metro stops...Liceu and Catalunya. The airport Aerobus is just about a five minute walk from the hotel. I had an early flight back to the States and had no problem catching the 0630 bus to the airport and it only cost less than 6 Euros. I took the metro to the hotel but try to avoid that if you have lots of luggage because there are alot of stairs when taking the metro from Barcelona Sants station to the Catalunya metro stop. I had an older couple from Canada following me from the train station and I felt bad because they had large luggage. I only had a carry-on so it was not much of problem for me. If you want a modern, clean, spacious hotel in the heart of Barcelona...I definitely recommend the Hotel Rivoli Rambla!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled solo