“Hotel D'Arts- family vacation”

Hotel Arts Barcelona
Ranked #70 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed July 9, 2014

We recently stayed at the hotel and opted for the Club Lounge on the 33rd floor. The club floor is such a treat and the concierges, especially Maria, were incredible. The pool area was great too. This was a beautiful hotel and great location.

Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Write a ReviewReviews (4,863)

Reviewed July 8, 2014

We loved Hotel Arts! On the beach in Barcelona, easy access to all areas by short taxi ride. The view of the Med is amazing.

The two bedroom apartment on the 38th floor offers stunning views of both the sea and the city.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
Reviewed July 8, 2014

I went to Barcelona only for one night on the 29th of June. I didn't see much of the hotel but the room and club area were excellent. Unfortunately I was struck down by a blood disorder and admitted to hospital. However I was looked after so well by one person in the hotel and thats Giselle the Club manager. She organised the doctor and unflappably my departure by ambulance for hospital . She also liaised with my partner who had to fly down from the Uk and made sure he was looked after by her. All in all not what I expected of a night in Barcelona but made somewhat easier by one person. Well done and thanks

Room Tip: A barcelonetta facing room has the best views of the beach and city
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
2  Thank willw14
Reviewed July 6, 2014

Food - especially bottled water and sprite a bit on the $$$$ side

Should tell parents when checking In with youngsters what restaurants have a kids menu

Service is spectacular - staff all top notch especially Jet at reception, Sergio & Juan at concierge, kataline at Bites and Blanca at pool.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
3  Thank 630TomThumb
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Nice view, friendly service and fresh breakfast.

Good for jogging in the morning as well. Nice surroundings.

This hotel is good for business travelers to take a short rest but also perfect place for family. Room is spacious and quiet. Highly recommend.

Stayed: April 2014, traveled on business
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We just returned from the Hotel Arts in Barcelona yesterday and just wanted to say we have stayed in many Ritz hotels on our travels but this one stands out as one of the best as well as one of the best hotel stays ever.
A very young enthusiastic staff made the stay wonderful. They could not do enough for us. A very special thank you to Sara, one of the guest relations people. We were there during a taxi strike and we were staying at another hotel in Barcelona but my wife wanted to stay at the beach for a few nights so we booked the Hotel Arts. We could not take all our suitcases from the other hotel and left it at the other hotel and said we would pick it up after the strike was over. Well Sara heard us say this and the next day, she went to the other hotel and brought it to us. When we went to thank her, she remarked she took it n the metro. This was a large suitcase and here was this young girl dragging our large suitcase through the metro, up and down steps. That is what I call above and beyond your duty. Special kudos to Sara.
The rest of the staff was great, from opening doors to asking us if we need anything. Just everyone was trained properly. Breakfast was great, anything and everything you could ask for was available.
Just a great hotel in a great city.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
1  Thank sidchow
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I'm currently on my 2nd day of a 3 day trip at this property in Barcelona & who knows what will happen next. I booked via American Express Platinum Fine Hotels & Resorts which is the method I typically use when properties are in my travel destination. I use this for value & also for uniform service. I don't mind paying a bit more to use Amex Platinum vs a website such as expedia for less for this reason.

When I checked in told no upgrades available- a first when using Amex Platinum. The lack of upgrade was unusual but did not upset me. I proceeded to ask the concierge for tickets for the opera. I left the information, date & time with her & was told that someone would get back to me. After a long lunch at the hotel's pool I returned to another concierge who hadn't a clue what I was talking about & didn't know anything about tickets, how to procure them, etc. I complained to the manager on duty. She told me that she would help me in the internet lounge to buy tickets. We discovered the website was ticket master.es & they only took European credit cards. I called my fiancé in the room & he happened to have one of his international bank accounts/credit cards on hand- something he normally doesn't carry as we are based in New York/Bermuda. If he didn't have this card we would've been without concert tickets. Again, unacceptable as this opera house is one of the most famous in the world- what should be a source of great pride & history for the Spaniards. I've never had a bizarre issue like this with a 5-star hotel concierge in all of my travels- and I travel frequently & request opera/classical music/general music tickets.

Later that evening we returned to the concierge for local recommendations for dinner around 8 pm. The concierge told us that the kitchens in the vicinity were about to close & we only had one option. My fiancé just laughed. We walked down to the restaurant area & we found a set-up similar to Collins Ave on South Beach stretched along the waterfront- many dining options which were open. When I returned to the hotel I made a complaint with the manager on duty. The manager waved the fee for the wi-fi & offered a lunch on the hotel as a gesture.

The freebee lunch, the wi-fi is nice, but this doesn't take away from the problems at this hotel. American Express Platinum offered to change our hotels, but I've wasted too much time w/ the concierge & ridiculous issues & want to enjoy this amazing city of Barcelona. The hotel itself is situated in a great location, modern & lovely. We have the ability to pay for upgrade ourselves, however, there is not incentive to do do as it's such bad service/organization. The management & the workers at this hotel would have difficulty organizing a trip to the bathroom- more like a lower 4 star boutique flakey hotel in South Beach- stay away.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
5  Thank gabrielle c
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 5, 2014

Dear gabrielle c,

First of all, I truly appreciate your extensive feedback. You took the time to express your feelings during your stay with us, and your comments are more than valuable. I am terribly sorry to read that we were not able to address the situation appropriately while you were with us, despite our awareness of the issues you encountered. I understand your disappointment with the services and outlets you have experienced.

Although we failed in leaving you a pleasant memory of your visit, I would be truly grateful if you accepted to discuss your experience further with me, as we are investigating to make immediate adjustments with the teams involved.

You may contact me and leave your contact details via email at hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will personally return your call or message as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,