“Very good!”

GreenLeadersBronze level
California
“Very good!”
Reviewed July 5, 2014 via mobile

Nice view, friendly service and fresh breakfast.

Good for jogging in the morning as well. Nice surroundings.

This hotel is good for business travelers to take a short rest but also perfect place for family. Room is spacious and quiet. Highly recommend.

Stayed April 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (931)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Randolph
Reviewed July 4, 2014

We just returned from the Hotel Arts in Barcelona yesterday and just wanted to say we have stayed in many Ritz hotels on our travels but this one stands out as one of the best as well as one of the best hotel stays ever.
A very young enthusiastic staff made the stay wonderful. They could not do enough for us. A very special thank you to Sara, one of the guest relations people. We were there during a taxi strike and we were staying at another hotel in Barcelona but my wife wanted to stay at the beach for a few nights so we booked the Hotel Arts. We could not take all our suitcases from the other hotel and left it at the other hotel and said we would pick it up after the strike was over. Well Sara heard us say this and the next day, she went to the other hotel and brought it to us. When we went to thank her, she remarked she took it n the metro. This was a large suitcase and here was this young girl dragging our large suitcase through the metro, up and down steps. That is what I call above and beyond your duty. Special kudos to Sara.
The rest of the staff was great, from opening doors to asking us if we need anything. Just everyone was trained properly. Breakfast was great, anything and everything you could ask for was available.
Just a great hotel in a great city.

1 Thank sidchow
New York, New York
Reviewed July 4, 2014

I'm currently on my 2nd day of a 3 day trip at this property in Barcelona & who knows what will happen next. I booked via American Express Platinum Fine Hotels & Resorts which is the method I typically use when properties are in my travel destination. I use this for value & also for uniform service. I don't mind paying a bit more to use Amex Platinum vs a website such as expedia for less for this reason.

When I checked in told no upgrades available- a first when using Amex Platinum. The lack of upgrade was unusual but did not upset me. I proceeded to ask the concierge for tickets for the opera. I left the information, date & time with her & was told that someone would get back to me. After a long lunch at the hotel's pool I returned to another concierge who hadn't a clue what I was talking about & didn't know anything about tickets, how to procure them, etc. I complained to the manager on duty. She told me that she would help me in the internet lounge to buy tickets. We discovered the website was ticket master.es & they only took European credit cards. I called my fiancé in the room & he happened to have one of his international bank accounts/credit cards on hand- something he normally doesn't carry as we are based in New York/Bermuda. If he didn't have this card we would've been without concert tickets. Again, unacceptable as this opera house is one of the most famous in the world- what should be a source of great pride & history for the Spaniards. I've never had a bizarre issue like this with a 5-star hotel concierge in all of my travels- and I travel frequently & request opera/classical music/general music tickets.

Later that evening we returned to the concierge for local recommendations for dinner around 8 pm. The concierge told us that the kitchens in the vicinity were about to close & we only had one option. My fiancé just laughed. We walked down to the restaurant area & we found a set-up similar to Collins Ave on South Beach stretched along the waterfront- many dining options which were open. When I returned to the hotel I made a complaint with the manager on duty. The manager waved the fee for the wi-fi & offered a lunch on the hotel as a gesture.

The freebee lunch, the wi-fi is nice, but this doesn't take away from the problems at this hotel. American Express Platinum offered to change our hotels, but I've wasted too much time w/ the concierge & ridiculous issues & want to enjoy this amazing city of Barcelona. The hotel itself is situated in a great location, modern & lovely. We have the ability to pay for upgrade ourselves, however, there is not incentive to do do as it's such bad service/organization. The management & the workers at this hotel would have difficulty organizing a trip to the bathroom- more like a lower 4 star boutique flakey hotel in South Beach- stay away.

5 Thank gabrielle c
HotelArts, Manager at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, July 5, 2014
Dear gabrielle c,

First of all, I truly appreciate your extensive feedback. You took the time to express your feelings during your stay with us, and your comments are more than valuable. I am terribly sorry to read that we were not able to address the situation appropriately while you were with us, despite our awareness of the issues you encountered. I understand your disappointment with the services and outlets you have experienced.

Although we failed in leaving you a pleasant memory of your visit, I would be truly grateful if you accepted to discuss your experience further with me, as we are investigating to make immediate adjustments with the teams involved.

You may contact me and leave your contact details via email at hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will personally return your call or message as soon as possible.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona
Lancaster, PA
Reviewed July 3, 2014

While the Sagrada Familia Basilica is clearly tops in town our 6 night stay here was also a highlight for us! Quite simply the young, enthusiastic interns combined with luxurious rooms were a nice combination. We're not sure if we saw anyone over the age of 25 our entire stay. As each door opened there seemed to be a smiling intern waiting to greet us--in either Spanish, English or their native tongue. The housekeeping staff does a great job too...with turn down service that always included a surprise. Of course I wished for an included buffet breakfast, and beach service but the pool staff does a great job keeping all happy. Highly recommend!

Cape Town Central, South Africa
Reviewed July 3, 2014

Visited Barcelona for a conference in Jan 2013 based here and to date its the best hotel I've stayed at.

Ritz-Carlton run with a interesting "arts" brand twist. Art being a focus with artwork displayed all around, incl sculpture by the pool and guess you could add the actual building to that list. It's a skyscraper with modern styling aka 90s.

Beautiful inside, very well run, fresh flowers abound, luxurious carpet underfoot. Small thing, but the colour scheme struck me as being thought through..pastels, greys, browns...it changes as you progressed through the property in a very considered way. The artist in me appreciated it.

Service top notch for the two things I used it for: dry cleaning and room service.

Biggest and most impressive bathroom I've ever had (dome ceiling y'all). Massive bed, seating area, Bang & Olufsen tv and hifi from opening days...but that is getting old so I think they need to consider upgrading.

Views are absolutely stunning. I overlooked both the marina and the city.

Location is good, on the oceanfront, close to the old city...I walked there one day in 20 mins - you walk through a large park. There is also a metro stop close by.

Just loved the atmosphere of the hotel.

Room Tip: Both sea and city views are excellent.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled on business
Sint-Katelijne-Waver
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Loved out stay from the bezinning until the end.
Good reception, very friendly.
Beautiful room that is well equiped, the most gorgeous view.
A breakfast from heaven.
And decoration as it should be in a give star hotel.
Stay here you wint regret it.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Syl1105
Kiev, Ukraine
Reviewed June 30, 2014

Like many others, we stayed here prior to our European Disney Cruise. We stayed for 4 nights. We have stayed in many other 5-star hotels around the world and the Hotel Arts is better than most. We were made to feel welcome and at home from the time we checked in.

The location was perfect. We were able to run along the beach every day, then were greeted with a bottle of water when we arrived back at the hotel. A couple of times they were out of water and went and got more so we would have a bottle. This along with being greeted by staff at every turn showed the attention to detail and the guests that is core to their business.

The room was perfect and the breakfast could not have been better. We truly had a fantastic stay in Barcelona and a magical beginning to our wonderful cruise. Thank you to everyone at the Hotel Arts for making our stay there memorable- in a good way!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with family