“Nice Hotel” 3 of 5 bubbles

GreenLeadersBronze level
Bognor Regis, United Kingdom
“Nice Hotel”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

Stayed here in March 2013, its ok, but not good enough, in my view to sustain the prices, charged. breakfast was very expensive, and we had better across the road at the Marin development.I think I would perhaps go for the W next time....

• Stayed March 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, December 11, 2013
Dear Charles,

Thank you very much for having taken your time to send us your comments following your stay in March.

I am sorry that we were not able to make your experience entirely memorable.

In order to investigate in more detail on your visit to Hotel Arts, I would be pleased to have the chance to personally contact you. If you would be so kind to send me your contact details to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000, I will return your call or message immediately.

We all hope to have the chance to welcoming you back in order to offer you the memorable experience you deserve at Hotel Arts Barcelona.

Hotel Arts Barcelona

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (916)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Paris, France
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 7, 2013

The hotel is situated by the sea and away from the main centre if the city. It is modern with very good facilities, the rooms are modern design, clean and have good views. Always easy to get a taxi. In the morning or the evening it is very convenient to take a walk on the seaboard promenade.

One of the best hotels I have stayed in in Barcelona, will definitely use again.

Room Tip: The south east room as have the best view. The sea and the city.
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
York, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Stayed here just for one night on business. Great location - overlooking the marina with panoramic views. Service was very efficient and room standard was very high. One quibble was still having to pay for internet - €25 per day. For a hotel of this standard, it should really have been included.

Room Tip: Higher floor will provide a better view of the marina or city
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Paris, France
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 4, 2013

Great location, nice view, modern equipment, great room!
Only the service is 3 star! especially at breakfast and room service.
We ordered room service, some Tapas. I have never eaten such a fast food quality tapas. Unbelievable!

We stayed here before getting on board a cruise ship, departing from Barcelona. The hotel staff taught us wrong peer. We took a taxi there, but our ship was not there. We will not come back to this hotel.

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Hermeslover2013
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, December 9, 2013
Dear Hermeslover2013,

Thank you very much for having taken your time to send us your comments following your stay in August.

I am sorry that you stay at Hotel Arts did not live up with your expectations, and I am particularly concerned about your comments regarding our in-room dining offer and the service provided to you upon departure.

If you would be so kind to tell me how I can best reach you in order to personally talk about your stay, it will be my pleasure to give you a personal call or e-mail. Please provide your contact details to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will contact you immediately. I hope to have the chance to welcoming you back in order to give you the entirely perfect experience you deserve.

Bath, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband chose this hotel to celebrate my birthday. It was a fabulous hotel but what made is extra special, was their thoughtful service. We stayed in a Club Room which gave us access to the Club Lounge (CL). The evening before my birthday I happened to mentioned to Alicia, one of the staff in the CL that it was my birthday the next day. On the evening of my birthday we returned to our room to find red rose petals scattered on the bed and seconds later a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries were delivered to us, not courtesy of my husband but the hotel! In the CL later I received more champagne and a birthday cake complete with candles! On our final day, from one of the staff from one of the hotel restaurants we had eaten at, I received a bottle of the wine we had ordered in their restaurant as another birthday gift - how amazing! Special thanks to Alicia and Katrine for making our stay so special. We shall visit again.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank SharonNicholl
London, United Kingdom
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 2, 2013 via mobile

Fabulous hotel, but when will 5* hotels accept that €25 per day internet access is a rip-off? Unacceptable when you're paying top dollar for a hotel. Its ridiculous. Should be inclusive, like it is at most chains. Why does Marriott rip off its Ritz-Carlton guests, when its free at their cheaper Renaissance offering?

Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
3 Thank SAexpat
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this review, December 4, 2013
Dear SAexpat,

Thank you very much for having taken your time to send us your comments following your stay in November.

Your personal observations are important to us in order to improve our guest experience, and I am sorry to hear your impressions about the hotel and your stay.

If you would like to further comment your experience, I would also be pleased to have the chance to personally contact you. You may leave me your contact details to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will return your call or message personally.

Thank you in advance and I hope to have a second chance to make of your stay an entirely comfortable and memorable experience.

Holmfirth, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights while at a conference. Hotel was great, rooms really spacious and bathroom large. I was lucky enough to have sea view of the fish. Staff is incredibly helpful and if you like walks on the beach, this is a great location. The breakfast offers incredible range, including champagne or freshly made pancake. Now for the buts... The internet is not free, it costs 25Euros per day which given the room price per night felt poor. Hotel bar is also expensive compared to bars in the town and the surrounding bars felt a bit rough after dark. Overall great stay but you need to be aware of the extra costs.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea front (fish) view.
  • Stayed November 2013, traveled on business