“Amazing Service!”

Hotel Arts Barcelona
Ranked #67 of 516 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 3, 2013

My husband chose this hotel to celebrate my birthday. It was a fabulous hotel but what made is extra special, was their thoughtful service. We stayed in a Club Room which gave us access to the Club Lounge (CL). The evening before my birthday I happened to mentioned to Alicia, one of the staff in the CL that it was my birthday the next day. On the evening of my birthday we returned to our room to find red rose petals scattered on the bed and seconds later a bottle of champagne and chocolate dipped strawberries were delivered to us, not courtesy of my husband but the hotel! In the CL later I received more champagne and a birthday cake complete with candles! On our final day, from one of the staff from one of the hotel restaurants we had eaten at, I received a bottle of the wine we had ordered in their restaurant as another birthday gift - how amazing! Special thanks to Alicia and Katrine for making our stay so special. We shall visit again.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank SharonNicholl
Write a ReviewReviews (4,831)

Reviewed December 2, 2013

Fabulous hotel, but when will 5* hotels accept that €25 per day internet access is a rip-off? Unacceptable when you're paying top dollar for a hotel. Its ridiculous. Should be inclusive, like it is at most chains. Why does Marriott rip off its Ritz-Carlton guests, when its free at their cheaper Renaissance offering?

Stayed: November 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SAexpat
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded December 4, 2013

Dear SAexpat,

Thank you very much for having taken your time to send us your comments following your stay in November.

Your personal observations are important to us in order to improve our guest experience, and I am sorry to hear your impressions about the hotel and your stay.

If you would like to further comment your experience, I would also be pleased to have the chance to personally contact you. You may leave me your contact details to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com or calling +34 93 221 1000 and I will return your call or message personally.

Thank you in advance and I hope to have a second chance to make of your stay an entirely comfortable and memorable experience.
Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager
Hotel Arts Barcelona

Reviewed November 30, 2013

I stayed in the hotel for 2 nights while at a conference. Hotel was great, rooms really spacious and bathroom large. I was lucky enough to have sea view of the fish. Staff is incredibly helpful and if you like walks on the beach, this is a great location. The breakfast offers incredible range, including champagne or freshly made pancake. Now for the buts... The internet is not free, it costs 25Euros per day which given the room price per night felt poor. Hotel bar is also expensive compared to bars in the town and the surrounding bars felt a bit rough after dark. Overall great stay but you need to be aware of the extra costs.

Room Tip: Ask for the sea front (fish) view.
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 29, 2013

Not much to look at from the outside, but a well-appointed hotel on the inside, with excellent customer service. Whatever you want, there is someone there to take care of it, and the personnel are very genuine and friendly. A great location on the waterfront where you can go for a walk or run along the boardwalk and beach. The rooms are comfortable and spacious. I never did figure out how to operate the Bang and Olufsen media center, or the remote was not working well, not sure which, but it did not bother me enough to call the desk. Drinks are quite pricey in the lobby bar, so be aware.

• Stayed: November 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed November 22, 2013

From the outside, the Hotel Arts reminds me of the old tax office in Great Yarmouth. Not very flattering, I know, but in a city that plays host to the Sagrada Familia and the works of Gaudi, we really expected something a bit more spectacular and a bit more characterful than a steel-clad box. OK, I'm not an architect...and if you are, and if this floats your boat, I'll have to accept it has hidden charms. For sure, looks can be deceiving.

Inside, the Hotel Arts is a haven of luxury, appointed to supreme standards and decorated in sophisticated contemporary style. Rooms are spacious and afford wonderful views, though ours was beginning to show its age a little. If you tire from the city views, or the sea, electric blinds will shade you from the Barcelona sun. The bathroom was large and well-equipped, though maintenance really needed to look at the bath drain. Considering we were so far up, water found it pretty hard to get down! Probably the previous guest was Rapunzel and it was hairwash night.

The staff at the Hotel Arts represent the best of Ritz Carlton: courteous, helpful, knowledgeable and willing to go that extra mile to make your stay special. Faultless! The restaurant staff offer helpful insight into a fine menu that has been expertly chosen - and the dishes look as amazing as they taste. The accompanying wine list contains some very, very nice wines indeed. Two Michelin stars - both richly deserved. Definitely only full marks here.

At around 300 Euros a night, we reckon the room rate offers pretty good value for a city hotel with a good location, though like most up-market hotels, a nibble from the in-room minibar can very quickly add up to more than the cost of the room! That's not good value! A couple of hours of internet will set you back the same as a month's fibreoptic broadband back home - and it's deathly slow - but, on learning there had been issues with download speed in our room, the receptionist refunded the charge without batting an eyelid.

Just one tiny gripe: it's ridiculously difficult to find your way around the various parts of the Hotel Arts and the linking corridors. I lost count of the number of times we found ourselves anywhere but where we wanted to be, having followed what we thought was the route we'd taken earlier. But now I'm back to architecture. Clearly, I'm at odds with modern thinking...

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Twinfly
Reviewed November 21, 2013

My parents stayed here for a weekend when visiting me while I was studying abroad. Stunning breakfast in the club floor room that looks out over the sea, friendly multi-lingual concierge and staff, wonderfully simple and delicious bar/patio, and helpful restaurant suggestions. They brought an extra bed for me to sleep on when I stayed one night in my parent's room. Just what one would expect from the Ritz.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed November 21, 2013

Excellent Hotel. My Piece of advice: Take a Suite. It is well worth the Money. The first Memory that Comes to mind when I think about this trip is the wonderful City view and the sea from the Suite.
The breakfast is excellent! Do not Forget to try the benedict eggs and the French toast!

Room Tip: Reserve a Suite in the top floors. View is fantastic!
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family