“Great hotel by the beach. get a high floor for the view”

Ranked #64 of 513 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersBronze level
Reviewed December 9, 2012

You would stay here for the view from the high floors and for the access to the beach and casino. It is somewhat distant from the central part of Barcelona. So if you want the excitement of the central Barcelona area, I would stay elsewhere. You will get excellent service here.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank Millions_0Miles
There are newer reviews for Hotel Arts Barcelona

Reviewed December 8, 2012

Not only is this hotel absolutely beautiful and full of aesthetically pleasing details, the friendly and helpful staff is absolutely phenomenal. I stayed for 4 nights on business. I was prepping for a large presentation on day number 2 and decided to add new visuals to my materials very late in the evening for the following morning's presentation. These materials weren't critical but rather, added some "polish." The conference room had since been locked given it was now well after working hours. I spoke with Carlos Nunez at the hotel's concierge desk who then called the responsible off duty security guard on his cell phone and coordinated with 2 other staff members to allow me access to the room (that is after his team had already printed the new materials I was going to be adding). Initially, I told Carlos I would be having a late dinner in one of the restaurants and just to call to confirm whether access was possible. He and another staff member came up to the restaurant to personally deliver my materials and let me know there was a doorman waiting to escort me to the room so I could finish up. I was incredibly impressed with he and his staff's proactive resolve. After presenting the following day, colleagues commented on the extra "touches" noticed on the final presentation. Thank you again Carlos and staff!

Front desk worker, Leonie who, on my last evening when I shared that I was completely dehydrated and didn't want to drink all the Evian's in the room (for obvious reasons) took it upon herself to carry up multiple free hotel bottles...she even made 2 trips to my room to ensure I had enough and then wanted to fill my ice bucket (to which I declined as I think that I had taken enough of her time for my atypical request). This is completely out of the realm of her job and she was more than willing to assist in any way possible. She also helped in every other capacity as needed to make my stay that much better/easier.

Tip - go to hotel Arola...staff is amazing as well and food is great.

In sum, this place is worth every penny for what you get back. I will be returning to Hotel Arts in the near future.

Room Tip: Ask for a room at the higher levels facing the water
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank CSabs
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 10, 2013

Dear CSabs,

I would like to thank you for having taken the time to give us such a detailed and precise feedback on your stay.

I am delighted to hear you have had a pleasant and satisfactory experience. I also fell very happy that you found we have been up to your expectations in the service given. I will personally share your kind comments with our employees.

Thank you again for your message and I hope to have the pleasure to welcome you back again.

Yours sincerely,

Brunella Zinato
Hotel Manager

Reviewed December 7, 2012

My husband and I spent most of a long weekend in Barcelona at this lovely hotel. We had two great meals - the tasting at Arola (very whimsical and delicious) and a lovely dinner at Enoteca, where the food is outrageously good. The only caveat is that Enoteca has very bright lighting - it is a beautiful restaurant though. What really sets this hotel apart is it's staff. The club lounge staff were exceptional. The only true complaint I would have is with the WiFi - it basically doesn't work. Something they should take a look at. Not that big of an issue - as we spent most of our trip getting to know this lovely hotel and this wonderful city. I hope to return.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 7, 2012

Spent a night at this fantastic hotel prior to departing Barcelona on a Transatlantic Cruise. Opted for a concierge level suite (33rd floor). FANTASTIC service, wonderful, personal reception, and some of the best concierge lounge food I've ever eaten - anywhere. The only bad news: this fantastic hotel also has a slew of restaurants - including one that just received two Michelein Stars!!!! - so you almost feel guilty not eating in them. The service, from reception to food, to concierge is exceptional. Example: I inadvertantly left my jacket in a hire car (after an 18 hour flight over - go figure); when I notice it missing I alerted the concierge who tracked it down and delivered it to my room quickly - alerting me to the status frequenly ( it was a very expensive jacket). You can't fault this beautiful hotel - room amenities were exceptional ( chocolate dipped strawberries on arrival, custom sweets, Aqua de Palma toiletries). Bedding was beautiful and the beds very comfortable. The shower featured waterfall overhead jet and separate side jets; electrically operated window blinds; Bose stereo, and views that were simply amazing. I did opt for room service (breakfast) and was not disappointed. This hotel has the feel of a boutique, it feels that inviting and intimate, and I loved the front desk area - located above the entrance - very personal and beautifully designed. Flowers everywhere. The waterfront location is beautiful - and I even had a view of Gaudi's beautiful cathedral. Easy to get to anything.... this place is pretty darn near "perfect".

Room Tip: Concierge Level has suites with spectacular views - and amazing concierge services - the lounge is s...
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled with friends
Reviewed December 6, 2012

i took my wife to barcelona for her birthday. tanja at the hotel ensured everything was perfect and it was. the service was excellent and the little touches that tanja made sure happened only made it more perfect.

Room Tip: facing the water
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 5, 2012

Excellent service levels and room furnishings. Overall an excellent business hotel with 2 exceptions
- Food: Room service leaves plenty to be desired. I found the chicken pizza the most appetising dish, need I say more?
- Lift layout leaves you wondering if the hotel has been built piecemeal as you have to walk around quite a bit to get from the lowest floor to the top i.e. no direct lifts - not ideal for moving quickly

Room Tip: get views of the port
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed December 4, 2012

I recently stayed at the hotel Arts with my girlfriend and thought I’d put a few notes up on here for prospective guests.

On first arriving at the hotel I was greeted by name, how they knew that it was me I do not know, I have no id on my luggage but somehow they knew. The hotel has a curious layout, there is a lobby of sorts on the ground floor but the real lobby is one floor up and so we took the lift. The lobby is quite small, but there are ample staff to deal with your issues. There was a conference on while we were there and so a lot of ‘suits’ around, this is normal for a hotel of this repute, but if you don’t want this then go elsewhere. After completing the check-in process we headed for our room. A note here that despite pre-paying my room, the hotel blocks a further €150 a day for any expenses incurred. I did question this as I found this to be a little steep, but was told that the hotel was expensive, so there! Of course no money is actually taken until leaving but some might find this a little excessive.

To get to the rooms you head down another corridor to a bank of six lifts. Our room was on the third floor and was a good size. A big picture window and a great bathroom. I read that the hotel was refurbished in 2006, but the room does still look a little dated. There is a Bang and Olufsen CD player in the room, but who carries CD’s with them these days? The TV again seemed to be quite old, ours had two thick black lines across the screen and I can only say that it was phosphor burn where the same welcome screen had been on the TV for many a year and that this was now permanently marked onto the screen.

We weren’t there to watch TV, so this didn’t bother us unduly. The reception was right about the cost of items in the room, the Nespresso coffee machine was €4 a cup for instance. I know of no other hotel in the world that charges for in room coffee, but so be it. The corkscrew was also listed as a charge at €11, but I presume this was in case you took it and not for it’s use!

We needed some info about our plans for Barcelona and so headed to the concierge. Special mention must go to Oscar who was helpful and pleasant and informative. He even took the time on later days to ask us if we visited the attractions and if we had enjoyed them, this man was a real gem for the hotel. All of the staff were extremely pleasant I must also add and there were always plenty of them to look after your needs.

As the hotel is a little out of the centre we used the metro to get around. This a short walk from the hotel and €7 a day for unlimited stops. It is clean and safe, but there is a lot of walking sometimes between line changes so be aware of this.

Barcelona is a delight, the architecture and shops will keep most people busy for a week at least. To sum up then, a very good hotel, a little pricey, but you get what you pay for.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
HotelArts, Gerente at Hotel Arts Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2013

Dear tootiredtotango,

First of all, I would like to thank you for having taken the time to give us and forthcoming clients such a detailed feedback on your stay.

I regret and apologize for any inconvenience or anything inappropriate you might have encountered during your stay. Nevertheless, I am happy to hear that you have received a proper and pleasant service and you have had a positive overall impression. I can assure you I will let our employees know about the matters mentioned.

I would be pleased to have the opportunity of discussing your experience in more detail and I invite you to contact us calling +34 93 221 1000 or by mail writing to hotel.arts[at]ritzcarlton.com. I look forward to receiving your message and to answering your call or e-mail personally.

Yours sincerely,