“Amazing building interesting exhibits”

MACBA Museu d'Art Contemporani de Barcelona
Book In Advance
Buy Tickets Online
$12.46*
and up
Barcelona MACBA Museum of Contemporary Art...
$110.92*
Art and Tapas Walking Tour in Barcelona
$37.39*
Barcelona Museum Pass
Ranked #166 of 748 things to do in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: A comprehensive collection of Spanish, Catalonian and European modern and contemporary art housed in a striking white building designed by architect Richard Meier.
Reviewed May 10, 2013

Enjoyed our visit here. The building is amazing definitely a place to hang out. The leather bean bags are a nice touch. The exhibition was interesting a nice mix of permanent collection and special events. Worth a visit and free on a barcelona card

Reviewed May 9, 2013

I enjoyed my time at the gallery and the exhibits, but the biggest surprise during my two-hour visit was the building itself. The way that light enters it and plays on the inner surfaces is simply astounding. I took many great B&W photographs and kept most of them. As with most museums of this kind, the particular exhibits at the time of your visit will determine your experience, but I found it to be a good balance and variety that would appeal to many art lovers. An enjoyable experience.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

The venue is a beautiful modern gallery in the centre of El Reval, Barcelona. Easy walking from Barrio Gotico and La Rambla.
Initially surprised by the €9 entry fee, we decided to head in and see what was on offer, having read that this was one of the places not to miss when in town.
There were three shows spread over three floors, which I found to be far too large and repetitive to be truly appreciated. The 'Art' on display was very poor; no real artistic talent had been employed as far as I could tell. The only thing that kept me going was the rain outside preventing me from leaving.
Don't waste your time and money the CaixaForum is much much better and free entry.

Reviewed May 2, 2013

Architecturally the building was very cool. They had three main exhibits while I was there. All of which were very large and detailed. Also the three exhibits had a nice variation from subject matter and medium to giver viewer some diversity. I thought the Lawrence Weiner exhibit that was up while I visited was incredible and I highly suggest that.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

After visiting the MACBA, the only thing I can say is that it is very disappointing. The exhibitions in April were uninteresting. The only thing that is worth seeing is the buidling itself, but 9€ just to see a nice building is what I call expensive...

Don't waste your time and money here...