El Palace Hotel
$145
$120
  • Fitness center
Catalonia Portal de l'Angel(Barcelona)
$194
$182
  • Pool
Casa Camper Hotel Barcelona(Barcelona)
$377
$141
$133
Agoda.com
  • Pool
Gran Hotel Torre Catalunya(Barcelona)
$150
$140
Torre Catalunya
  • Restaurant
1,862 results
All reviewsthe ritzroman bathgarden roomconcierge deskwalk in closetjunior suitedouble sinksmodern amenitiespillow menurain showerrestaurant recommendationswonderful staypublic areasbreakfast roomlarge bathroomrooftop poollas ramblas
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Historic old building and very attentive staff. Have no regrets about selecting this hotel. I would have given it 5 stars except that WiFi is expensive and I made the mistake of ordering 2 cups of expresso, a pot of coffee and a small basket of pastries from room service for a mere 60 euros.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
3  Thank PstarTraveler
Reviewed May 27, 2012

Stayed two nits, we got a nice Barcelona city street view, room is okay, small though. With this price, I think they should offer a better services. Wifi didn't work well in the room. We always have to come to the lobby for wifi services.

Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed May 26, 2012

Loved El Palace Hotel. It is a beautiful, old, historic hotel in a central location in Barcelona. It was formerly a Four Seasons property and retains a strong sense of old world elegance. It is in easy walking distance to all the fascinations of Los Rambles and many wonderful nearby restaurants. The hotel is elegant and beautifully decorated with wonderful antiques. The rooms are impeccable, comfortable, clean and quiet, ours with an interesting city view. The beds are wonderful, the bathrooms modern and comfortable and we appreciated the orchids in the bathroom! The staff are welcoming, helpful and professional. We loved Barcelona and highly recommend El Palace Hotel. It provides an elegant perch from which to explore wonderful Barcelona.

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
4  Thank cyd k
Reviewed May 21, 2012

I stayed at El Palace in Barcelona in June 2011. Overall, the hotel was beautiful in a very opulent, old-world way. We got upgraded to a junior suite, as it was the off season for the hotel, and were really pleased with the comfort of the bed and the spacious bathroom (there were actually two full rooms, one with the shower/bath and the other with the toilet). Their shower amenities were the best I've seen with L'Occitane's Citrus Verbana collection (which I loved so much, I bought full bottles when I got home). Service was attentive and very pleasant, we were always greeted with a smile whenever we entered a common room. We never ate at the hotel so I have no comment there although the Caelis restaurant is supposed to be lovely.

Two things I would note as negatives are as follows:
1) The hotel really is geared towards older travelers and does not have the fun atmosphere of a place like the W hotel on La Barceloneta. While I thought my stay was lovely, I will likely stay elsewhere on my next trip as I prefer a younger and livelier crowd. I would not hesitate to stay here again if I were vacationing with, say, my parents.

2) There are computers available in one of the common rooms but we had internet and sign-in issues two of the three times we attempted to use them. Both times the staff was attentive and worked to eventually solve the problem but it was certainly an annoyance. An upgrade to the computers (which were very old) would really help as everyone now needs internet connection, even while vacationing.

Just to reiterate, this was a lovely, elegant hotel with a lot of old world glamour and great service, but if you are a young couple looking for a fun place, this may not be the right fit for you.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled as a couple
3  Thank SueLoo
Reviewed May 19, 2012

My mother and I spent 4 nights at the hotel in early May and it was fantastic! This was one of my favorite hotels in all of Europe and definitely my favorite in Spain. Although everything was great, the people at the concierge were the absolute best. I don't think I have ever encountered such helpful, lovely, polite and knowledgeable concierge professionals. The entire staff always had a smile and made us feel so at home. We called housekeeping once and they were at our door in 30 seconds. We had a little problem with our phone upon checking in and they had a repairman in our room within 10 minutes. The building and all the public areas were gorgeous and absolutely immaculate! The bed was wonderful, bathroom was modern and large with generous toiletries. The breakfast room was in a converted patio which was just lovely.

The location was fantastic - we could walk everywhere and there was also a taxi stand right across the street.

My only negative comment is that it would have been nice to get free wi-fi in the room.

I will most definitely stay here on my next trip to Barcelona and will recommend it to all my friends!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled with family