“Fabulous Stay Truly 5 Star!!!”
Review of El Palace Hotel

El Palace Hotel
Ranked #8 of 517 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed August 18, 2011

After staying at two other supposedly 5 Star hotels on my trip one being a new hotel and one modern I decided to go with something traditional and it worked. I was doing this part of my trip alone so I wanted to feel safe and I did. From entering the hotel to the day I left I was treated like a queen (albeit was August and not very busy, Barcelona residents leave town in August). The concierge team were my saving grace can't thank them enough. The maids were like little fairies, so quiet and discreet. The rooms were lovely although one complaint I had was the location of the TV it was on the side not in front of the bed but this is minor and only my personal preference.
I was on the top floor and did hear the train but it was pretty distant and I got used to it after one night. Not sure how noisy it would be on the first floor? I did like the Gothic, Born area of the cIty for its bars and narrow streets but I heard that this was sometimes a little unsafe.
I must also commend the beautiful lady who greeted me as I arrived and was constantly 'there'. She was so gracious and professional I think her name was Christine but I may be wrong anyway she was the best.
All in all a truly 5 or 6 star experience, very rare in this day and age even at the most expensive hotels. Well worth it!!!

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Salford66
Write a ReviewReviews (1,804)

Reviewed August 18, 2011

I had the chance to stay at El Palace last July. it has been from the beginning to the end a real luxury and personalized experience that few hotel in the world can offer to the guest. The welcoming smile and the generosity, humility and kindness of the staff warm my heart.
The attention paid to details of the entire hotel, the rooms are absolutely top notch and immaculate.
The restaurant, DO NOT MISS the gastronomic restaurant Caelis which has been a truly moment of pure sensation with the product and the style of the cuisine. Everything has been so well organized for me and my guest, thanks to two person who are a real plus in the staff and know what is the meaning of luxury service. POR FAVOR, ask for Katharina and Celine to have a memorable stay at the Palace and to feel the proper way of Barcelona.
One point missing at the hotel, a swimming pool, but the hotel is not so far from the see.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 16, 2011

What you see on their website is what you get. Great location, great restaurant and bar, and very helpful and friendly service. The bed was a little too firm for my liking, but I would recommend to friends and family.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 12, 2011

Spent 4 nights here last week. Room was high and very quiet. Staff excellent and very attentive. Can find no faults whatsoever. It's not cheap but definitely worth splurging out for. The breakfasts are excellent. 2 blocks from Las Ramblas. All in all had a enjoyable stay at the hotel.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled on business
2  Thank dante30
Reviewed August 12, 2011

We stayed at the Palace for 5 nights in July and had a wondersful time. The hotel is gorgeous, the staff exceptional, and the room lovely. There are two very good restaurants in the hotel and many more within walking distance. A short walk to Las Ramblas for great people watching, eating, and starting hop on, hop off bus tours.

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled as a couple
1  Thank NyFrequentflyer
Reviewed August 11, 2011

After returning from our cruise we had one more night in Barcelona before flying back to the states. We arrived at the hotel around 9am and they gave us a room immediately. It was clear they went out of their way to find us an available room. The rooms was awesome, and the service Ritz Carlton quality. Beautiful living room with quaint bar. First class breakfast buffet next morning included in the room price was served in their atrium. Really beautiful, great service, delicious. There are many less expensive hotels, but if you are looking for high end or want to splurge you will not be disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled solo
1  Thank Katherine6659
Reviewed August 9, 2011

We were at your palace for one night prior to a cruise. It was gorgeous and the staff was beautiul. We will be back!

Room Tip: Higher floors have less noise.