Tripadvisor
Post
Inbox
Search
3,051 results
All reviews rooftop bar high end shopping junior suite gaudi houses turn down service perfect location passeig de gracia star hotel breakfast buffet is the heart of the city small pool beautiful city tapas loved this hotel concierge chanel luxury
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

After a 12 hour of travel, the hotel was wonderful in having our room available for check in. Nothing beats that type of service. The last thing I want to do is kill time waiting on a room after such a long day of travel on zero sleep. We were welcome with a nice fluffy bed and treats in the room. The employees were friendly and accommodating. The hotel is located in a convenient location, having designer stores next door is dangerous for the wallet, though. It was walking distance to La Sagrada and a short taxi ride to La Boqueria— close enough that we walked back. Will stay here again!

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank TinyTX
GM-MajesticHotelBcn, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

Dear Ms. TinyTX,

I would like to thank you for choosing Majestic Hotel & Spa and for sharing your kind opinion about us online. It is an honor to know that you have especially chosen our hotel to enjoy Barcelona and to rest after a long trip. For this reason, I am pleased to know that your experience at the hotel has been memorable.

Moreover, I am glad to know that your check-in process was smooth, and that the professionalism of our staff, the comfort of your room and our convenient location have exceeded your expectations.

Thank you once again for providing us your maximum rating and for recommending our hotel to other travelers. I am looking forward to welcome you back in the nearest future.

Reviewed January 16, 2020

I had one of my worst stays in a supposedly 5 stars hotel.
On check in, like any welcoming staff, they processed me with hospitality. However, during my first breakfast with them, I found steel pieces in their waffles! It was very disappointing but moreover it was really dangerous. It is very absurd that it was not monitored. I hope my bad experience stopped here, however upon checkout, they wanted to double charge me, and after explaining the issue with their invoice, the hotel reception staff responded rudely : “if it’s on the system you have to pay it” luckily one of his colleagues was smarter and thought with perspective that it’s stupid to be charged for two rooms when I have stayed in only one!! Again, I hoped it stopped here, however they charged my American Express in a wrong way and they did not know the refund procedure. I am yet to wait for the balance to go into my account, and I can only pray that it does!
All in all, I will never recommend this hotel to anyone despite its nice location, however it’s not worth it at all.

Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Hksubhi
GM-MajesticHotelBcn, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Mr. Hksubhi,

From Majestic Hotel & Spa, I would like to thank you for taking your time to share your sincere opinion about us on TripAdvisor. I am glad to know that our convenient location and the service provided by our concierge were of your liking.

On the other hand, I truly regret to read your disappointment during your stay with us. First of all, I would like to apologize for the inconvenience you have experience during our breakfast buffet. I was already aware about this, as this is the first time that an incident like this occurs. If I am not wrong, the Guest Relations Manager followed up with you during your stay to make sure you were fine, and offered medical assistance which was rejected. Please rest assured that I have personally followed up with the Food and Beverage departments and have conducted a full investigation about this incident in order to avoid this kind of situations in the future.

I am sorry for the misunderstanding upon checkout time. It is true that the procedure was delayed, but I can assure you that we were doing our best to follow the instructions and requests that your group was providing. I know some dates were amended causing confusion, but I hope your friend enjoyed the upgrade offered. In any case, I can assure you that nothing was double charged at any point and that everything is in order.

In sincerely hope to have a second chance to welcome you back and offer you the spotless experience you deserve.

Reviewed January 15, 2020 via mobile

The only one thing positive about this hotel is location. People who gave this hotel more than one star, probably have nothing to compare with or they Have stakes in it.
Last year the same time, we stayed in a similar 5 star hotel just 2 blocks away and our experience was completely 360 degree the opposite . Here is some points why:
1- the room has a window looking at the wall next building. After complaining, they offered us three other rooms with the same window view. You have to open the window and stick you head out to see the sky.
2. We were given the keys at the front desk and left alone. No host took us to the room or showed us the amenities.
3. We were told that we have to buy pods for the Nespresso machine in the room.
4. House keeping did not clean the room till late afternoon.
5. The lobby closes at 10:00 pm every day. We were kicked out on one occasion.
6. There was no welcome fruit plate in the room on arrival.
Etc......
BTW, last year hotel offered exactly the opposite of what is mentioned above, in addition, they brought a piece of chocolate cake on my wife birthday. That made us feel the special personal touch.
We do not need an apology from the “management “ for the bad customer service as a response to this comment, but we want people to know what they are getting into before they make reservation.

1  Thank 199shafikh
GM-MajesticHotelBcn, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 16, 2020

Dear Mr. 199shakifh,

Thank you very much for taking your time to share your sincere opinion about Majestic Hotel & Spa on TripAdvisor and for staying with us. I am glad to know that you have enjoyed our convenient location. However, I deeply regret that your recent experience did not meet your expectations, and to read your disappointment during your stay with us.

Regarding your room view, please note that we have different room categories, with lovely views to Paseo de Gracia avenue. As per your comments, I understand you had reserved our entry level room category, Deluxe with limited view, and unfortunately it was not possible to offer you an upgrade to a higher room category.

In regards to the Nespresso pods, we currently offer 3 complimentary coffee capsules upon arrival. In any case, please rest assured that we take good note of your feedback, and will consider offering more units in the future as an improvement.

Regarding the arrival process and the late Housekeeping service, I would like to personally follow up into this in order to take the necessary corrective actions, as this does not match with our standards. We always offer to escort all our guests to their rooms, and provide housekeeping service twice a day in a timely manner (daily service between the morning and early afternoon, and turn down service in the late afternoon). If this was not your case, please accept our most sincere apologies for the inconveniences caused.

Finally, regarding the lobby area, I do think there must be a misunderstanding. Please note our Front desk and Concierge are open 24 hours, and our lobby bar closes at 2:00 am during winter season. Unfortunately, we do not understand what may have occurred, and we would really appreciate if you could provide some more information about this fact, in order to give us the opportunity to investigate such an uncommon fact.

Therefore, being not possible to identify your reservation, I would really appreciate if you could contact my assistant at mribera@hotelmajestic.es and provide further details of your experience, in order to do the appropriate follow up.

I sincerely hope to have a second chance to welcome you back and offer you the spotless experience you deserve.

Reviewed January 8, 2020 via mobile

If you are in Barcelona and want to stay around passage de Garcia, then this is the best hotel. Location is nice, hotel is refreshed and to top all you will receive the best service ever. We will never stay elsewhere when in town.

Date of stay: December 2019
1  Thank j_aljasmi
GM-MajesticHotelBcn, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 9, 2020

Dear Mr. j_aljasmi,

From Majestic Hotel & Spa, I would like to thank you for staying with us and for recommending our hotel to other travelers through your kind rating. I am delighted to know that you have enjoyed yourself so thoroughly on your days in Barcelona; and that our offerings such as our convenient location and the professionalism of our staff have been so to your liking, helpful and pleasant.

I will share your lovely words with our entire team, as I am sure they will be pleased to know.

If your travels bring you back to Barcelona, it would absolutely be my pleasure to welcome you back.

Reviewed January 5, 2020

the main reason we have chosen this hotel for our short stay in Barcelona was it claimed it was famous for its breakfasts which supposedly included gluten free options. however there were a few problems:
1. Jan 04 there were no gluten free pastries at all. howevet hotel charged for beakfast as usual
2. cross contamination - i have seen guys taking gluten free pasties from the shelf with forceps contaminated with regular bread! no one pays attention for cross contamination!
3. our airline didint serve gluten free so we wanted to take away gluten free items to take them on board the plane. they told us to contact room service. the guy at room service periodically started speaking spanish which i dont know. it was also hard to explain to him what gluten free meal was all about
4. we had 2 bedrooms but they were not functional at all. there was no place to keep my overcoat for instance. hence there was a constant mess in the room - it doesnt accomodate.
5. my kids needed 2 separate bankets, so we asked to bring us 1 extra. during the last day of our stay we found it - they put it into the locker! in the meantime we kept asking for an exptra blanket so they gave it to us without sheets...we asked for sheets - they fetched them but took away the next day
6. room sevice took away one of the 2 keys i had from the room - i kept it right next to the entrance door to keep electricity swithced on
7. i have iphone XR it appears it is not compatible with the hotel WIFI. it took them hoalf a day and cost me USD150 for international roaming before they had put down the unique serial number of my iphone and then they switched it on somehow>
8. the bathroom was a disfunctional as the rest of the room. the water taps are horrible - it is next to iossible to adjust normal temperature. the shower leaked and the drops were heared inside the rooms. BTW the rooms are noisy as they have poor windows which overlook de Gracia...
9. the only restaurant this hotel has doenst work for lunch. it is always closed in the daytme - so we had to eat in the bar. the bar was nice but it took forever to get what you asked for. every meal - at least 90 mins which we could have spent walking around the city. we needed gluten free so we didnt have too many options for dining around.

i wouldnt recomend staying there. for this kind of money you can easily find a more convenient and effective hotel

1  Thank janusj2020
GM-MajesticHotelBcn, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded January 8, 2020

Dear Mr. Janusj2020,

We truly appreciate your sincere opinion about Majestic Hotel & Spa online. I deeply regret to know that your recent experience with us did not meet your expectations.

Regarding our breakfast buffet, we do offer some gluten free options. Unfortunately, due to an unusual case on the 4th of January it was not possible to provide them. However, as you could see this was an exception, that was solved in a timely manner. Regarding crossed contamination, rest assured that we take this issue very seriously, so I will share your comment with our Food & Beverage department, in order to do the appropriate follow up and to take the necessary corrective actions.

In respect of the service provided, I truly regret that it was not of your liking. Our guest´s opinion is really important for us. For this reason, I would be very grateful if you could contact my assistant at mribera@hotelmajestic.es and provide further details of your experience, in order to investigate what may have occurred, and take the necessary corrective actions.

In sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back and offer you the spotless experience you deserve.