“Finally Found Excellent Hotel in Barcelona”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #44 of 515 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed July 24, 2014

Before I stayed at the Majestic, I had concluded that Barcelona had no true 5 star hotels. The Majestic is beautiful and clean, the location is perfect in a safe part of town surrounded by exceptional shopping (we even felt safe walking in this neighborhood after dark), and the staff is very friendly and accommodating. My room was not what I would consider large but it was certainly larger than most European hotel rooms. The room was very clean and the bed was comfortable. The housekeeping staff was very friendly and helpful -- even giving us extra chocolates when we told them how much we loved their chocolates. We had a spacious closet with a safe and a mini bar/refrigerator. The bathroom was well appointed and beautiful in white marble. My only complaint was the safety bar in the tub was loose but I failed to report it to the staff and should have brought it to their attention to prevent a possible fall in the tub/shower. The breakfast buffet was included with my room and it was delicious. I found almond cookies on the buffet that were fantastic and I wish I had the recipe. I also found strawberry juice which was delicious, as well as Cava on ice. When I experimented with a mix of the strawberry juice and Cava, I discovered a wonderful new drink that I will definitely try making at home.
If I am fortunate enough to return to Barcelona in the future, the Majestic is the only hotel I will consider.

• Stayed: June 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank all4funsites
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 29, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you for such a lovely post. It is fantastic to hear that you had such a special and memorable time with us.

I am glad to know that you enjoyed our almond cookies, please contact my PA Patrícia Rodríguez (prodriguez@hotelmajestic.es) and we kindly will send you the recipe.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Majestic Hotel & Spa in the near future.

Reviewed July 24, 2014

This location is about the best anyone could ask for. Right on the heart of Paseo de Gracia shopping district and within walking distance of a million small shops and store chains, eateries, bars and so many things to do. All the action in Barcelona is right here within a mile of every direction of this hotel. The hotel is very nice, clean, huge rooms and such nice bathrooms, well maintained. I am very sure the hotel is quite old but kept in pristine condition as it appears to be some kind of historic building of some sort. But it has been here a long time. Not a better place to park while in Barcelona for shopping or touring.

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such kind words regarding your stay at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. I am glad to know that you especially enjoyed the location of our hotel as well as the cleanliness of our rooms.

I truly hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

What's not to love about the Majestic Hotel? Besides the convenient location on the fashionable Paseo de Gracia, the hotel is beautiful and elegant. It's always the little things that matter while traveling and the Majestic makes sure it is five star on all levels.

Besides the spacious rooms with a lovely balcony view; the beautiful top floor spa, cool bar area and the lavish, fresh breakfast buffet which has something for everybody (plus some)...the Majestic has Ingrid in Guest Relations who made our trip to Barcelona even more amazing and memorable. She is THE best ever. Thank you, Ingrid, for ALL of your suggestions...from the fabulous restaurant choices to helping us navigate our day trips, please come visit us while in California :-) Thank you also for our anniversary surprise. You truly helped make our trip so special.

Another thank you to Eugenia in the restaurant. She is such an asset to the hotel...and one of the most professional and delightful servers ever! I am forever hooked on carrot juice!

We are already planning another trip to Spain...and will certainly recommend and stay at the Majestic again...and again!

3  Thank urbanetraveler

Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such kind feedback on your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. Our team is working hard to ensure everything is as it should be.

I am glad to know that especially Ingrid and Eugenia helped you to make your trip more enjoyable.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The hotel was beautiful. The rooftop lounge/pool was an amazing place for viewing the entire city and landscape, taking pictures, having a glass of wine and relaxing. This was definitely the highlight of staying here! Rooms were smaller than I expected, but still nice!

• Stayed: May 2014, traveled with friends
1  Thank Courtney H

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedbacks with us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa was a very enjoyable one and that you appreciated the ideal location of the hotel and especially our terrace!

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon in Barcelona!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

The Majestic was a very clean, convenient hotel. It is right on one of the main streets running through the middle of Barcelona. It is walking distance to Las Ramblas, the Sagrada Familia, shopping and so much more. The staff were very helpful and accommodating. It is always bustling with people coming and going but there are always plenty of staff to help. The rooftop terrace has a very small pool. Not a favorite for the kids but great for lounging and having drinks during the day. At nighttime there is a DJ playing a variety of music, drinks and a remarkable view all around Barcelona. My husband and I enjoyed having a drink there in the evening. We also ate at the rooftop terrace for late afternoon tapas and enjoyed. It is not the place to get a meal but perfect for creative, tasty tapas. I definitely recommend this hotel to anyone traveling through Barcelona!

Room Tip: we were with a big group and no one seemed to have a great view but all were very nice inside.
  • Stayed: July 2014, traveled with family
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 23, 2014

Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your experience regarding your stay at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. We are more than happy to learn that you very much enjoyed your stay with us and that you would recommend the Majestic further.

We hope to welcome you back again soon!

Reviewed July 22, 2014

Wonderful experience. The location, the staff, the rooms, the atmosphere, all add up to a great stay.
Important landmarks such as the Gaudí houses are within walking distance. The concierges are very helpful in guiding you.
There are also very good restaurants and cafés around.
I highly recommend it!

Excellent Hotel with fabulous rooftop bar and lovely rooms. Only 2 issues:-
1. our standard "double" was a twin pushed together, which quite often moved apart.
2. From the floor plans, only the suites have external windows that look out onto the street, our window looked out into a 2m square ventilation shaft with 4 windows per floor looking in, so the drapes had to remain closed with air con on, which made this lovely room feel a little claustrophobic and dark.
I guess if you can afford a larger room it would be perfect

• Stayed: July 2014, traveled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com

Dear Guest,

Fisrt of all, thank you for taking the time to share your experience on your stay at the Majestic Hotel & Spa. We always appreciate hearing comments directly from our customers to keep improving our main instalations and services.

I very much look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.