“Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #34 of 521 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Fairfield, Connecticut
“Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 16, 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Majestic, great location with exceptional service from the staff, especially at the front desk. The Deluxe Double room was small with a very small window and balcony. When we visit next time I would opt for a larger room. We arrived at 10:30 from the United States, and were able to have a room upon arrival so we were able to freshen up. The hotel is ideally located for a tourist's sightseeing. The one negative was the the outside roof top bar with a great view of the city closed by 9 PM, it would have been great to have visited the roof top bar for a night cap.

Room Tip: Visit the room that is assigned to you to make sure there is a reasonable size window. The old part...
  • Stayed May 2014, traveled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, May 18, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your positive comments with us on Tripadvisor. I am happy to read that you liked the room and the great location of the hotel.

I hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon here at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Pascal Billard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Key West, Florida
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 15, 2014

The hotel is wonderful! Everyone who worked there was very helpful, from getting up tickets to attractions to dinner suggestions. It's in the perfect location to explore everything Barcelona has to offer. You can walk everywhere from it's location. The room was very clean and was kept tidy daily for us. Also if you're someone who needs a reliable wifi connection theirs works wonderfully. This hotel is definitely one I'd recommend to others traveling to Barcelona and will go back to myself!

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, May 15, 2014
Dear Guest,

I personally want to thank you for leaving such kind words for us. I am more than happy to read that you enjoy the stay with us, especially the room and the location of the hotel.

I hope very much looking forward to welcome you back very soon to Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Peterborough,UK
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

The Majestic hotel & Spa is centrally located in one of the nicest areas of Barcelona . It's on Passeo de Gracia which is a wide road with wider pavements with pavings, street lamps & seats designed by Gaudi . It has impressive array of shops as it's neighbours : Chanel ( next door ) Gucci , Bulgari, Louis Vuitton to name a few . Numerous restaurants , Tapas bars & street side cafés are nearby . The tour bus stop is 5 minutes walk from the hotel as are tourist attractions such as Casa Battlo , a house deigned by Gaudi . It is also just next to the Metro station .
Unfortunately there are road works going on outside the front of the hotel so they do not have their private parking spaces anymore at present & the drilling noise cannot be pleasant for the guests staying in the rooms facing the street . However we had a room at the back which overlooked a very neat & clean staff car park , was very quiet . The room was very comfortable & spotlessly clean , with all the 5 star facilities . The his & hers bathroom , especially the showers were superb . The staff were all very well trained , courteous & helpful . Especially Christina at the front desk who was extremely resourceful & got us tickets for the Flamenco show & dinner at the nearby Palace theatre ( walking distance ) made sure they made vegetable paella for my husband who is a vegetarian , also got us tickets for entry to Sagrada Famila , Casa Battlo & Park Guelle ! I would strongly advise this advance booking as without it it is impossible to see all these places during a short 4 day break over a packed long weekend stay due to the long queues for entry tickets at the gates .
The hotel restaurants were good . The rooftop poolside bar on the 10th floor provided a panoramic view of the city stretching to the sea !
The pool itself was quite small , almost like a paddling pool ! The service was slow there but food when it arrived was good .
The breakfast buffet was extensive & very good . The service by waiters & waitresses is excellent there. However for some reason , breakfast is not included in the room charge , which I found strange ! The breakfast charge was 29 Euros per person which I thought was quite high .
I didn't use the Spa so I cannot comment on it .
I would definitely go back to this hotel if I visited Barcelona again !

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank Parvati I
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, May 22, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments with us on Tripadvisor.

I am happy to read that we were able to offer an overall pleasant experience and that you appreciated the comfort of the room, the quality of the staff and the great location of the hotel!

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

Kind regards,

Denver, Colorado
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

This hotel is the perfect one for exploring Barcelona. It is a beautiful hotel in the most desirable location in the city. Close to all the great sights, restaurants and shopping. The rooms were very clean and the staff was amazing. I'd definitely return...

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, May 14, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving your impressions regarding your stay at the Majestic. I am pleased to see that you especially enjoyed the rooms, the staff service and the location of the hotel.

I truly hope to be able to welcome you back very soon.

Sheffield, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

We had a short break at the hotel in the Easter holidays, I booked it for my husband & son who are huge football fans. It was our first visit to Barcelona and I would definitely return, we took the metro from the airport which was clean and efficient in no time we arrived at our stop and straight into the hotel. The hotel is situated within the shopping area - shops for everyone ( high class & modest incomes). We had a junior suite and were impressed with the whole thing - clean & modern, we also received a bottle of bubbly on our first night - little touches you remember. My son loved the pool in the rooftop bar ( even though cold, I wasn't brave enough!) but we enjoyed relaxing and the view was amazing. All the staff were pleasant and couldn't do enough to help - the sweets on reception were another hit!
We did a bus tour we stopped not too far from the hotel, a great way to see the area and get your bearings. As well as the football stadium ( even a non football fan enjoyed) we were able to walk down to La Rambla and the harbour.

Room Tip: You need a junior suite if got children as anything smaller can't add extra bed
  • Stayed April 2014, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel

1 Thank Sharon B
Dear Guest,

I am so pleased to read that your recent stay with us has been a perfect one. This is always our utmost goal, and I am very happy that we have succeeded during your stay.

Thank you very much once again for your kind words and I really hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon, here, at the Majestic Hote & Spa !

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

There four of two couples and we decided to spent three nights in Barcelona before we set off on our cruise. This hotel property is in a great location for shopping and restaurants. The moment we pulled up in our cab the staff was there to assist they were outstanding all three nights we were there. The rooms are impeccable,although small by American standards. Their breakfast buffet was great and had foods for any nationality you think of and again the service was outstanding.

Great hotel, great location and fantastic service, what a way to start a vacation.

• Stayed April 2014, traveled with friends
1 Thank manfred95
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such kind feedback on your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

It is a pleasure to read that you especially enjoyed the friendly staff, the rooms and the strategic location of the hotel.

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future!

New York City, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 13, 2014

Terrific hotel -- accommodations, service, location, amenities, everything was first rate. The hotel is very centrally located, and in probably the nicest part of the city. The rooms were spacious, new and well appointed. Service from top to bottom was fantastic.

I highly, highly recommend it.

• Stayed May 2014, traveled with family
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, May 13, 2014
Dear Guest,

I thank you for taking the time to leave a review of your visit to The Majestic Hotel & Spa.

I am delighted to read how much you enjoy staying with us and how highly you appreciate your room, staff service and especially the location of the hotel.

It will be my pleasure to share your feedback with the team here and I look forward to welcoming you during your next visit.