“Wow”

GreenLeadersSilver level
lincolnshire
“Wow”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

This is one superb hotel

The staff are so attentive to your needs and nothing is too much trouble.

My room 272 was a delux and to be honest nothing short of quality can describe it better.

Does not have a great view bit to be honest for me I never open the curtains anyway.

It is located in the best part of the busy high class shops of Barcelona and not far from many of the sites, attractions or metro system.

It is a beautiful hotel with elegant decor that is matched with staff who are attentive, pleasant, cheerful and sincere.

I would recommend this hotel to stay at for a break and for business

Also provides free wifi which today in today's hotel industry is a rare feature.

I would say it is not the cheapest hotel but definitely value for money.

It has an outside heated roof top pool with outside cocktail bar, granted the pool isn't large but useable.

There is a lovely spa if you require pampering and by what I have heard it is very good with reasonable prices.

The hotel is worth a stay for anyone with a reasonable budget and so use their website for booking online for good rates or speak direct.

Stayed March 2014, traveled on business
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, March 6, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for leaving such kind feedback on your experience at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

It is a pleasure to read that you especially enjoyed the friendly staff, the room, the strategic location and all the facilities of the hotel .

We hope to be able to welcome you back again in the near future!

Kind regards,

Pascal Billard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (425)
  • Arabic first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed March 5, 2014

Is an historical Hotel & you pay its location. Other hotels just in the area are less expensive and, I would say, more interesting... Majestic has been renovated, to my opinion too the extreme of being to impersonal... loosing its charm. Barcelona is known by modernist buildings ". And even the hotel Majestic is located in the best area & sorounded by the Amazing Gaudi Buildings,still a bit "cold" as Hotel. I suggest you look for other hotels in the area who have amazing interiors and you breath & feel the " authentic architectual Barcelona"

Room Tip: Too Noisy! Ask for interior rooms. But you will loose the interesting part: the views
  • Stayed February 2014, traveled with family
1 Thank Christine H
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, March 7, 2014
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for your recent review concerning your stay at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

First and foremost, I must apologize that your stay was not entirely to your liking. While I am pleased that our location was a positive feature for you, I am certainly troubled by your other coments.

In order that I may perform a through follow-up regarding your review, please do contact my PA Patricia Rodriguez (prodriguez@hotelmajestic.es) and we will investigate this matters further on your behalf.

Thank you very much onve again, and I look forward to hearing from you.

Kind Regards

Ixworth, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 5, 2014

The location of the Hotel Majestic cannot be beat. If you are into shopping any high end job you could want is within a stones throw. It was a nice stroll to the markets and the water for some lovely seafood. The room in the hotel was superb and the fitness center was well equipped, clean, and quiet. The rooftop bar has an excellent view of the entire city and a lovely place to sit and have a drink and watch the sunset. The hotel is quite expensive, but it did not disappoint and I would definitely recommend it.

• Stayed March 2014, traveled with friends
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, March 5, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you so much for your very kind words reviewing your recent stay at Majestic Hotel & Spa.

I am so pleased that your stay with us compelled you to share your experience. Furthermore I am absolutely delighted to read how much you enjoyed your time here and that you experienced a correct price/value relation.

It will be my pleasure to share your positive comment on the staff and the service with my entire team. We hope to be able to welcome you back very soon!

General Manger
Sarasota, Florida
Reviewed March 3, 2014

I found out about this hotel through the Amex Platinum program, and it looked nice, but the price I was being quoted was a bit over the top. So I was pretty excited when I was able to book it through Expedia at a significant discount.

Well we were pleasantly surprised. The hotel was recently renovated so the facilities are impeccable. The lobby is a bit small, and can get crowded during peak check-it/check-out hours, but the room was fine, and the service excellent.

However, the best part of this hotel is actually the location. Right smack in the middle of Passeig de Gracia, Barcelona's equivalent of Fifth Avenue, centrally located from anywhere in the city, and with fantastic shopping and dining just steps away in any direction! Honestly it was like a dream come true!

We did not try the restaurant because there are just too many options nearby.

Highly recommendable.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled as a couple
2 Thank latinmon
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, March 3, 2014
Dear customer,

Thank you for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor community, following your previous stay with us.

I am glad that we were able to offer an overall enjoyable experience and that you found the facilities 'impeccable' and our service 'excellent'. We truly strive to give every customer the quality of service we would expect from our own service providers.

I am delighted that you were able to make the most of our very centric location and its surroundings.

I truly hope to have the chance to welcome you again in Barcelona in the near future !

Alesund, Norway
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Very nice hotel central for shopping and sightseeing in Barcelona. Super clean, very good breakfast, good service (almost too good). Nice and confortable rooms. Nothing to complain about.
We did not try the SPA.
We travelled with colleagues for a nice weekend paid by the company.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled with friends
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments on Tripadvisor, following your previous trip in Barcelona.

I am glad that we were able to offer you and your friends an overall enjoyable experience and that you appreciated the very centric location of the hotel, its breakfast buffet and the great quality of service in general.

I hope that you will be able to try out our Spa and leisure facilities next time.

We truly look forward to welcoming you again and assure you of our best services at all times.

Monte-Carlo, Monaco
Reviewed March 2, 2014 via mobile

We slept 2 nights.
The hôtel is wonderful. Great service and people who works in This hôtel are Really Nice and dévoted to customers...perfect room...
I asked for a room at a top floor. No problem!
Best hôtel in barcelona for a price quiet correct
Perfect location

Stayed March 2014, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bullishattitude
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedback with the Tripadvisor community, following your recent stay with us.

I am glad to read that you appreciated the personalized attention you were given during your stay and that you found your room agreable.

I am truly happy that we were able to take such good care of you !

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.

General Director
Stockholm, Sweden
Reviewed March 2, 2014

One of the best city hotels I ever stayed at. We got a beautiful room (903) with a huge terrace overlooking Barcelona. Excellent staff and service. I can highly recommend this hotel and will definitely stay here again.

• Stayed February 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank DTaub
Dear customer,

Thank you very much for sharing your feedback with the Tripadvisor comunity, following your last stay with us in Barcelona.

This was with great pleasure that I read your comment.
I am delighted that you appreciated your room, its terrasse and the quality service you received during your entire stay.

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you again soon here in Barcelona !

General Director