I took my wife away for our tenth wedding anniversary to Barcelona as she had been wanting to go there for some time. I had a look at a lot of good hotels in the city and eventually settled on this one. I'm so glad we did - in almost every conceivable way, it lived up to our expectations. I won't dwell on the major benefits - lots of reviewers have covered these. But worth mentioning are a few things, not least the superb service, right from the moment of arrival until we left. Definitely a five-star experience with friendly, efficient staff. I had let slip in a request email that it was our tenth anniversary when I requested one of the larger deluxe rooms (they range in size from 20-25m2) if possible. They exceeded this request - on being shown to the room, it was a really decent size with a walk in closet and a big bathroom and when I looked at the H&S floor plan on the hallway wall our room was considerably bigger than most of the others on the floor. It was only then I realised that they had upgraded us to the Executive room (and the web photos confirmed this): but the service here is so wonderfully discreet that I guess that rather than tell us at reception, they just left us to discover this as a wonderful surprise!
A further massive - and very pleasant - surprise was the complimentary bottle of (very good) cava left in our room on the first day of our stay to help us celebrate!
I can also highly recommend the rooftop bar - we had a wonderful afternoon up here sipping cava and eating lloncanisa pages sausage on the traditional bread with tomato. The seats are really comfortable, with great service and a simply incredible view aross the city.
Room service food was unbelievably good and well-presented (breakfast).
A final example of the class of this hotel is that they email you before the trip to ask you about your preferences, and they email afterwards to thank you for staying.
Thank you to all the staff at the Majestic who made this such a wonderful break for us. Three nights was not enough and my wife could not have been happier. When we go back to Barcelona (and we will), my wife and I agreed we will definitely stay here again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deluxe 5-star traditional hotel in the real heart of Barcelona, few steps away from Gaudi monuments and famous Rambla. Entirely renovated, it offers excellence in service for the most demanding travelers. Rooftop terrace with panoramic view and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Booking.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Cheap Tickets, Agoda, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Cancelon, getaroom.com, Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Hotel And Spa Barcelona
- Majestic Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Majestic Barcelona
- Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona Catalonia