“Luxe”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Toulouse, France
“Luxe”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Majestic is a beautiful hotel, the staff is attentive and the treatment of guests is first class. The area is very central so everything is in walking distance.
I found the rooms to be quite large and clean. It's a nice touch to have the nespresso machine in the room but beware you pay for the coffee, we heard a few people complaining about that at the front desk. Still cheaper than going out for an espresso though.
I was really looking forward to their breakfast (especially considering the price) and although there were a lot of choices and it was beautifully presented, the food was nothing special. There are plenty of cafes around the hotel to enjoy some other breakfast options.
The gym is great and the equipment is state of the art!
All around a great hotel! We would definately return for another stay.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, January 8, 2014
Dear Guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your opinion on your last stay with us.
I am delighted to read that your experience with us has met with your expectations and that you especially enjoyed the way we treated you as well as our fitness center.
I hope to be able to welcome you back soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa!

Kind regards,
Pascal Billard

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (406)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Houston, Texas
Reviewed December 28, 2013

The Majestic is a fabulous hotel! The room was clean and spacious, the bed very comfortable, and the staff always friendly and helpful. It's on Paseo de Gracia, with Gaudi architecture just blocks down the street both directions. If you love to shop, it's a great location. It's a bit of a hike from the Gothic district and the cathedral, but worth taking a taxi for such a comfy hotel.

The breakfast buffet was terrific too - and a bargain at only 11 Euros.

Room Tip: We had a hard time adjusting the heat - the room was hot. Ask the bellhop to adjust it for you to b...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
Dear Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to leave your opinion on Tripadvisor. I am delighted to read that you thoroughly enjoyed your experience; especially the comfort of your room and the perfect location in the city centre.
I hope to be able to welcome you back soon!

Kind regards,
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed December 27, 2013

Just spent five fantastic days here. The rooms were outstanding, the staff really helpful, it's right by the best shops and some of the Gaudi buildings. You can easily walk to the main tourist sites.
It's all been recently refurbished so the bathrooms are excellent too.

Room Tip: If you prepay, you get a better rate including breakfast. We went for the deluxe executive which wa...
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled with family
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, January 12, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your experience at the Majestic here on tripadvisor. We are delighted to read how much your enjoyed your time here and that you appreciated our staff and the location of the hotel.

We hope we can welcome you back at the Majestic in the not too distant future.

Kindest Regards,

Quechee, Vermont
Reviewed December 26, 2013

Visiting Barcelona for the holidays, residing at the Majestic Hotel on Avenida de Garcia. It is impressive - inside and out. Huge glowing ornaments on the outside, exquisite arrangements inside. Very responsive staff. Comfortable, quite room.
Christmas Eve dinner was wonderful. Clearly, local citizens enjoy the presentation. The service and food are equal to other special properties we experienced during the holidays -- from California to Catalona and Canton.

Room Tip: Better to locate off the heavy traffic streets and take an inside room. More spacious and quiet.
  • Stayed December 2013, traveled as a couple
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, January 9, 2014
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your comments with us on Tripadvisor!

I am really glad to hear that you appreciated our Christmas decorations, the responsiveness of our staff and the great comfort of your room !

We look forward to welcoming you back soon at the Majestic Hotel & Spa !

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed December 17, 2013

When I travel, I look for first class. I sometimes get a little nervous when traveling to a new destination where I don't speak the language or have any idea about the area/neighborhoods. However, The Majestic was in a prime location surrounded by luxury. Walking distance to many of the sites. The hotel itself was beautiful with amazing service. The concierge got us into an upscale restaurant without advance reservations. (I saw the list... people were waiting to be seated at the bar.)

Overall, I was very, very impressed.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Rachel K
Dear guest,
Thank you very much for taking the time to share your feedbacks with us! We always appreciate hearing directly from our clients to keep improving our main structures and services.

I am glad to hear that you appreciated the very centric location of the hotel and the quality of our concierge service.

We look forward to welcoming you back soon here at the Majestic Hotel & Spa,

California
Reviewed December 15, 2013

I was fortunate enough to stay here on a business trip. The service is incredible and friendly. The buffet breakfast was one of the best I have ever seen, with a huge variety of delicious foods and drinks--even things like soy milk, flavored butters, and homemade jams. The location is ideal for being a tourist, as it is right in the middle of one of the city's best shopping and eating areas, and walking distance to the Sagrada Familia, Barcelona Cathedral, Boqueria, etc. The rooms are lush and spotlessly clean. They are small compared to US standards, but that is typical in Europe. I was in a room that faced a busy intersection and yet my room was very quiet and peaceful.

I happened to have my birthday while I was at the hotel and they must have known by my passport because at breakfast on my birthday, they brought me a cake and caba! Later that afternoon when I returned to my room, I had another gorgeous and delicious cake, a birthday card, and a bottle of cava on ice. I felt to special and was so touched by their kindness. It was a wonderful way to spend a birthday while on a business trip and just exemplifies the service this hotel offers.

• Stayed December 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank ellenmac
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to share your feedbacks with us! I am glad to hear that you found the service ‘incredible and friendly’, the breakfast buffet, ‘the best you’ve ever seen’ and the very centric location of the hotel very practical!
I am also happy to see that you appreciated the special attentions we prepared for you on your birthday!

We sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon here at the Majestic !

Pascal Billard General Manager
Elyria, Ohio
Reviewed December 14, 2013

I stayed here for two nights at the end of November 2013, prior to leaving on a cruise. The hotel staff were very helpful and we were very pleased with the accommodations. The hotel is very conveniently located easy walk to Plaza Catalonia and right on the hop on hop off bus tours. I would recommend this hotel for its service as well as its location to anyone staying in Barcelona.

• Stayed November 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Bill M
Dear guest,

Thank you very much for having taken the time to send us your feedbacks, here on Tripadvisor.
I am glad that you appreciated the very centric location of the hotel and that you found the staff always willing to help!

I sincerely hope to have the chance to welcome you back soon here at the Majestic Hotel & Spa !

Sincerely yours,