Stayed for four nights having booked an Executive Deluxe room.
The quality of the room presented was excellent as five stars would suggest in the centre of Barcelona. In fact location proved to be fantastic as very close to both the metro and local trains; also a short walk to Ramblas.
Main entrance was still under going renovation - much of the hotel was already completed. However this meant thet the reception and concierge were at a side entrance and very crowded whenever passing through.
Check-in was fine and told us that we had a lovely room overlooking Passeig de Gràcia - true (7th floor). However no mention was made that this was a change to the booked room. A Deluxe Executive (30m2 to 40m2) changed to a Deluxe Passeig (20 to 26 m2) - the difference was a much better view in exchange for much reduced living space ! Bathroom less than half the size - this matters to a woman - and much less easy to relax in hindsight without a sofa or easy chair - despite website photos. Yes the price is slightly higher on the website ! We felt that this was a hotel weaze.
We stayed as had already unpacked, but felt disappointed throughout our stay even though we could have moved. The disappointing aspect was that this wasn't even mentioned at check-in and we had to discover the difference - definitely not 5 a star approach.
It was a busy time (August) for the hotel and the breakfast area was inadequate for the number of guests. At times it became a melee trying to access the buffet breakfast - with at times a wait in a queue for up to ten mins for a fried egg. Breakfast food quality was excellent, with a superb choice, but too many people in such a small space, relatively speaking, to select from the buffet and constant movement did not make for a relaxing experience. Waiters were a mixture of consideration and disgruntled, whilst cooked egg/omelette chef were considerate and apologetic about the wait.
The roof top terrace had a fine view over the roof tops of Barcelona but the pool was rather small - not a swimming pool.
The Concierge staff were very helpful with car parking and general advice and should be complimented.
For five stars there was that something lacking - not helped by annoyances such as charging 15 Euros/day for wireless internet or even worse 1 Euro for a Nespresso coffee capsule !
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Deluxe 5-star traditional hotel in the real heart of Barcelona, few steps away from Gaudi monuments and famous Rambla. Entirely renovated, it offers excellence in service for the most demanding travelers. Rooftop terrace with panoramic view and outdoor pool. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Agoda, Booking.com, Expedia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Travelocity, Priceline, Hotwire, getaroom.com, Cancelon, HotelQuickly, TripOnline SA and Evoline ltd so you can book your Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Majestic Hotel And Spa Barcelona
- Majestic Hotel Barcelona
- Hotel Majestic Barcelona
- Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona Catalonia