“Superb in Every Way”

Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona
Ranked #41 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
GreenLeadersSilver level
Reviewed May 13, 2013

A truly elegant hotel in the best location. They combine old world charm with a fresh updated decor. The service is top notch professional. I got a great rate via the Internet so it can be a real value compared to other hotels. The restaurant is excellent with an unbeatable price fixe lunch. The hotel is convenient to the major historical sites and you can walk everywhere.

• Stayed: May 2013
GM-MajesticGroup, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded June 3, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for letting us to know your opinion about your recent stay at Majestic Hotel & Spa.
I am extremely happy that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We will be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Write a ReviewReviews (2,553)

Reviewed May 8, 2013

It truly old world charm very modern contemporary everything white and bright as you walk in the morning and wonderfully seduced glow in the evenings. Rooms are well fitted very comfortable.
Great location from every point dinning, shopping and sightseeing. the good thing you do have lift a finger to find anything the concierge Angel must mention him does it without a blink and get you on your way.
One point though for 5star property they do not provide drinking bottled water it's charged.
Otherwise highly recommended even at its going rate.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
It is a pleasure reading so positive review about your stay in Majestic Hotel & Spa. I will transmit your congratulations to our concierge.
I look forward to welcoming you in the near future.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

I booked rooms for this property pre and post cruise.
The room we got initially was very nice- not large and not small but nice.
It was great to have a Nespresso machine in the room but it took us a while to figure out how to fill the water tank and use the machine.
The breakfast buffet was huge but the waiters have to figure out Americans like their coffee and to serve it frequently and HOT.

The location was very good and a brisk walk would take us to the Rambla.
Pool was small as well as the outside patio.

When we came back from our cruise at 3pm our room was still not ready. We sat in the lobby chairs waiting for the desk clerk to tell us when the room would be ready. Since I was so exhausted I fell asleep and after an hour my wife went to the desk to check on our room only to be told it was ready a half hour ago. Needless to say we were not happy about this.

we were then shown a very small room compared to the first room we had. If we did not have the first room we would have thought this second room was the standard size room.

We went to the front desk and found a manager and told him that our room was very small; that we had to wait a long time to get our room and that the desk clerk was rude when we told him about not being informed our room was ready.
The asst. mgr. apologized and then took us up to a long vacant suite (the front of the building was being remodeled so maybe that was why the suite was closed up) for us to use.
The suite was very nice but being closed up for a while needed some housekeeping and repairs.

Overall I would recommend this hotel for its location and the breakfast buffet.
I would recommend looking at the room and if it is not suitable see a manager to get a suitable room. Do not settle for a room if you are not happy. Reading other reviews of other hotels on Trip Advisor when people complain the hotel management writes a rebuttal stating you should have brought it to our attention (four star rating hotels).

Room Tip: see the room first before having your bags brought up. if the room is not suitable ask for another o...
  • Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank georwc

Dear Guest,

I thank you very much for your comments. Your opinion is extremely important for us and helps us to constantly improve our high standards.

Let me apologize if you have not been fully satisfied with your hotel experience. Your review surprises me and, as you said, it makes me feel that we are not a real 5 star hotel.
After reading you, be assure that I will transmit your opinion to our Front Desk Manager to correct our mistakes and implement the necessary improvements to avoid situations like the ones you describe. Moreover let me explain you that our official check-in time is at 15.00 hours, but we always try to check you in as soon as our housekeeping department give us the confirmation that your room is done.
I hope you will give us another opportunity to serve you and let us demonstrate you that we appreciate your contributions because whit them we can improve day by day.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Hotel very nice and well located. Staff very nice and friendly. Pool very small. Would stop again. Hotel a bit like a maze had trouble finding my way a couple of times. Did not use Spa because they were fully booked but would have cause prices were reasonable.

Room Tip: Some rooms had baths and some didn't.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for sharing your experience at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona.
Please, accept this review as an apology for all the inconvenience caused during your stay.
We hope that you will give us another opportunity to serve you.

Reviewed May 7, 2013

Have been there many times for a MWC fair (Mobile World Congress) in February (last visit this year 2013). This hotel is superbly located and offer spacious room with all facilities. Breakfast is great but the room on the underground was very cold. I never tried this hotel in the summer so I cannot comment on the spa (they have an small outdoor pool on the last floor of the hotel and a spa place that must be booked in advanced).

They also have a Michelin rated restaurant providing a very good way to enjoy Barcelona.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at Majestic Hotel & Spa.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests and take note of either positive or negative comments, in order to improve our service. I just want to explain you that due to strategically reasons we decided to close Drolma Restaurant, the one that had been awarded with a Michelin star. Despite of this closure, if you decide to give us another opportunity to serve you, I recommend you to eat at our “Restaurante Condal” where you will enjoy one of the best lunch or dinner in city.
Majestic Hotel & Spa will be looking forward to welcoming you back.

Reviewed May 6, 2013

Despite its size, its well-functioned design has shifted my attention to appreciate my stay here. Although small, I can well managed my two luggages on the floor for packing. The hotel is well located on the central of all retail brands. Excellent bed linens.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Madam or Sir,
I would like to thank you for your comments posted about your last stay with us.
I am more than glad to see that your overall impression of our hotel was a good one.
We look forward to welcoming you to Majestic Hotel & Spa the next time you come back to Barcelona.

Reviewed May 3, 2013

I stayed at Majestic for 7 days at end of April 2013. The location is excellent, the quality of the facilities also very good (small minus on the SPA facilities). Part of the staff is unfriendly, my experience was 60 % friendly interactions and 40% unfriendly.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your feedback and let me apologize for all the inconveniences that the kind of service you describes, could have caused during your stay. For us a guest not satisfied is a failure and we always learn from it to get better and better.
I will transmit your opinion to our staff in order to improve our service standard.
I sincerely hope that you will give us another chance to serve you if ever your travels bring you back to Barcelona.