“Wow, exceeded expectations”

GreenLeadersSilver level
Oxford, UK
“Wow, exceeded expectations”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 4, 2013

I wasn't sure what to expect on arrival, reviews on the site are mixed. A party of 4 on a birthday treat, we were treated like royalty. Champagne and chocolates in our room, staff friendly and helpful. Doorman a little surly when he didn't know the name of the restaurant we had booked, but I can forgive that. Our rooms on the 6th floor were spacious and luxurious with every amenity you could wish for provided. Bathrooms are huge! Separate toilet is also a nice touch. Beds were comfortable with a comprehensive pillow menu, turndown service with chocolates etc. Roof terrace has stunning views of the city and particularly the Sagrada Familia and further afield towards the sea. Location is great, right in the heart of everything. Will definitely return.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled with family
GM-GRavasi, Director General at Majestic Hotel & Spa Barcelona, responded to this review, February 11, 2013
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for all your positive comments posted about your stay at Majestic Hotel & Spa.
It has been our pleasure to be of service to you, and we look forward to welcoming you to our Hotel the next time you come back to Barcelona.
General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (403)
  • Arabic first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
San Jose
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 29, 2013

This was the first time I booked a hotel through "Jetsetter" and I was more than pleased! Jetsetter gave me what I thought was a great rate for our 2 nights in Barcelona. The location of this hotel could not have been better. Having been to Barcelona 3 other times, I knew that I didn't want to stay right on Las Ramblas (where there are too many thousands of people). The location is in the high rent part of town, near the Mandarin Oriental etc, and fancy shops. Also, the "on and off" tourist bust picks up right outside the hotel which made that convenient for us too. The best part was that the room was HUGE and the bathroom was beautiful!! All marble, double sinks, great products and a fantastic HUGE marble shower.
The only thing that is not worth your time is the roof top bar which does have a good view, but the service is so slow that it's not worth it. The food/drinks are way way to overpriced for what you get, so oh well, you live and learn.
After 4x now in Barcelona, that might have been my last.... but if there is a 5th, I will likely stay here again.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you very much for taking the time to write your opinion about Majestic Hotel & Spa.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests because your comments are vital for us to continue improving our accommodation.
I would like to apologize for the problems regarding the service in our Dolce Vitae Bar. It is a mistake that in a five star hotel like Majestic we can not allow, because of that be assure that I will transmit your comments to the heads involved in order to avoid facts like this one you mention.
Let me express you that it has been our pleasure to serve you, and we look forward to welcoming you to our hotel next time your travels bring you to Barcelona.
London, England
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 27, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this hotel with 4 other friends as a sort of grown up "girl's weekend away". The location was what we wanted as it was close to the nice shopping area and restaurants. The hotel was very traditional (a but stuffy) in its decor and really not my style.
The service was very slow and the attitude of the staff was not good, they didn't make us feel welcome or cared for. I especially did not like the staff at the front desk, some of which had the attitude of not wanting to be there and answering questions to do you a favour. All 5 of us felt a little offended by the way we were treated. Cabs would be called and then you were left to fend for yourself to understand when your cab arrived and whether it was yours.
I am so did not like that WiFi was not free and easy to access. I think that in 5 star hotels you should get wifi included Snd very easy to use for your whole stay. Only Easyjet can get away with making you pay extra for your food. If you are travelling first class you expect to get champagne included. I expect to get Wifi included when I stay in 5 Star hotels.
Breakfast buffet was average and the restaurant was underground so really not very nice as you want to have breakfast in a place with natural light. Again service here was slow and with a negative attitude. I do not recommend this hotel to people who are used to staying in places like the "W hotel" and the like as they will be very disappointed!

• Stayed September 2012
4 Thank gaialondon
Dear Guest,
Thank you for letting us know where we failed.
We always appreciate hearing from our guests, because your comments are very important for us to continue improving our accommodation and feed back our staff. We would like to apologize for the negative points that you mentioned. The service you experienced is unusual and not the standard of our hotel, be assure that I will transmit your opinion to the heads involved.
We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you and demonstrate that we can do it better.
Airdrie, Scotland, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 24, 2013

Stayed for 4 nights 16 to 20 Jan 2013...room 730....First class service from the moment we pulled up at the Hotel,doorman took charge of everything in car and even parked car. I cannot speak highly enough of the staff from door man to reception and room cleaning.....The lady who looked after our room did a really great job..it seemed every time we went out she went in and squared up the room. evening, room turned down with choco on pillow, simple but we loved it...BIG Thanks to this lady..As a 57 year old man I needed a wee bit of pampering and went to spa, massage is to be recommended ....you must go onto roof great view...We never had any food in hotel as we like to forage for good places to eat.....Over all a great hotel that made a great City break...many thanks Majestic..

Room Tip: Ask for high room with city view...the bigger the better..but you only get what you pay for in life
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Leslie A
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing you Majestic Hotel & Spa experience.
I was delighted to see that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one.
We look forward to welcoming you to our Hotel the next time you come back to Barcelona.
England
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Recently renovated so the rooms and public areas are clean and contemporary and the hotel stands in a fantastic location especially if you like shopping - right next door to Chanel! I would definately stay here again and recommend it, but i would not book through Expedia - we were promised a discount refunded due to work on our balcony disturbing us at 7am and the view was covered duirng our stay due to noise, i contacted Expedia and was totally ignored - i will never book through them again - beware of Expedia!

Room Tip: room on the front
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Dear Guest,
I would like to thank you for sharing you Majestic Hotel & Spa experience.
I was delighted to see that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one but I am very sorry about the inconveniences you mention.
We look forward to welcoming you to our hotel the next time you come back to Barcelona and demonstrate you that we can do it better.
Minneapolis, Minnesota
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

Spent 3 nights at this hotel Jan 17-20 2013. It is a fine hotel with very comfortable and quiet rooms. The staff is very helpful and efficient. It was too cold to make use of the rooftop bar but the city views are great from up there.
The location is ideal for people that want to get to the main attractions quickly. It is safe and away from the pickpockets on Las Ramblas but very near several bars and restaurants.
They should update their wifi service and provide free service in the rooms. 15 euros per day for wifi is a little out of date for such an expensive hotel. They do have a business center available at no charge.
The main restaurant is overpriced, service is a little stuffy and the food mediocre. I would recommend the Tapas in the bar for your later evening meal. Alex the head waiter in the bar area is exceptional and very helpful.

Room Tip: The interior rooms are very quiet but the street rooms have better views. It depends on what is imp...
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank TioTim
Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your comments about your stay at the Majestic Hotel & Spa.
I am pleased to read that your overall impression of the hotel and staff is a good one and I am certainly happy that your stay with us did satisfy you.
I take note about your commets regarding our Condal Restaurant which I will transmit to our F&B Manager in order to improve it.
Let me express you that it has been our pleasure to serve you and we look forward to welcoming you again to our hotel next time you visit Barcelona.
Kiev, Ukraine
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2013

The best thing about Majestic Hotel is it's location - in the middle of beautiful Passeo de Gracia. 5 minutes from a great Gaudi's buildings - Casa Batlló and La Pedrera. Also it's a great location for shopping (Gucci, Dior, Louis Vuitton etc). Near from subway station ant taxi parking. The roof terrace and bar is great with views over the city. In 0 level located small fitness area. Our room (deluxe) was a well comfortable, but very tiny. In room available nespresso coffee machine and minibar. Wi-fi in hotel is paid and slowly. Good breakfast and good menu in hotel's restaurant (but no smoking area in hotel). The service in general was good, but not superior. So, i would give the hotel strong 4 stars, but not 5.

Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple.

• Stayed November 2012, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Nadya M
Dear Guest,
I take note of either positive or negative comments, in order to improve our service.
We hope that you will give us another chance to serve you and demostrate you that we can do it better thank you to your feedbacks.