Hotel Claris
Room Mate Carla(Barcelona)
Monument Hotel(Barcelona)
Very Good 4/5
2,018 results
All reviewsegyptian museumrooftop restaurantduplex suitebeautiful hotelturn down servicepasseig de graciasitting arealuxury hotelcasa batlloperfect locationreception staffsight seeinglong weekendfour nightswould highly recommend this hoteltapasstreet noise
FilterAll languages
Reviewed July 14, 2013

We stayed at the Claris for four days mid-July. We had had a miserable airline experience, were a day delayed, lost luggage, the whole bit, so the lovely Claris was the calm after the storm. Our room was tastefully done with unique artwork and beautiful hardwood flooring. Not the typical germy wall-to-wall. Loved that! The staff from the concierge on down was excellent. I wish I could remember the woman's name at the front desk who was so helpful calling the airlines trying to locate my luggage. She was determined to find an answer. I so appreciated her efforts. My bag did arrive the day before I departed.
Breakfast was good, and the manager remembered from day to day how I liked my coffee...a small touch, but nice. The rooftop bar is not to be missed.
The hotel location is perfect; we walked everywhere.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Mary H
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this reviewResponded July 18, 2013

Dear Guest,
I want to thank you very much for your kind words.
I remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed July 10, 2013

We stayed at the Claris for 6 days during our recent trip to Barcelona and loved this hotel! The location was fabulous, within a short walk to lots of cafes, restaurants, shopping and some of the Gaudi sites. From the very beginning, during the booking process, I was in contact with the hotel to book tours, etc., and the staff were just wonderful throughout all of that. Biliana and Charlotte in particular, were so helpful and welcoming. We had booked two rooms as we were traveling with my nephew, and the hotel not only made sure we had rooms next to each other, but they also upgraded us. The pool on the top floor is a perfect respite to a long day of sightseeing. This is truly a gem of a hotel-- we hope to go back soon!

Room Tip: Our rooms were on the street side of the hotel, but because of built in blackout shades on the windows, we found it quiet and extremely restful. The beds are so comfortable, and our bathroom was large and well- appointed.
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank LauraS48
Jlfernandez, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Hotel Claris, responded to this reviewResponded July 11, 2013

Dear Guest,
Thank you very much for your positive feedback and we really celebrate that you enjoyed your stay with us.
We look forward to welcome you again at the Claris in your next visit to our city and we remain at your entire disposal.
Maria Rosa Castillo
Subdirectora

Reviewed July 7, 2013

Perfectly removed from the busy, crowded streets but close enough to walk to many of Barcelona's stunning attractions and fantastic resturants this sweet hotel made me smile. A personal touch, a chic design and an appreciation of Egyptian art makes this place special. Comfortable beds, organized closets and storage and easy bathrooms made traveling hassle free and boutique style. Try not to miss Cafe' Emma across the street for a delicious meal, snack, cafe', Rose', whatever.... More French than Catalan but ooh la la delish.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank Debra H
Jlfernandez, Director General at Hotel Claris, responded to this reviewResponded July 9, 2013

Dear Guest,
First of all we would like to thank you for having chosen Hotel Claris for your recent trip to Barcelona.
We appreciate to have your feedback since we are always concerned by the remarks and satisfactions of our guests.
We look forward to welcoming you back to our Hotel very soon.

Reviewed July 5, 2013

We stayed for four nights and thought this was a great hotel. The location couldn't be better. The rooms are large especially for Europe. The pool and bar on the room make for a great place to relax. Hotel decor is unique and not a package hotel.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Luke K

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your nice comments.
I remain at your entire disposal.

Reviewed June 29, 2013

My wife & I were on a 2 week trip of Spain that started at The Claris Hotel for our first 4 nights.

The entire staff were very nice & were always ready to help with directions or good places to eat. The room was beautiful but was rather small (we only sleep & shower at hotels when on vacation so the size was no issue for us). I do need to say that the bed was VERY comfortable. Breakfast is included & was your typical European breakfast buffet that most hotels offer. It has a rooftop terrace that is beautiful & has a pool & a bar/restaurant on it. Only issue we had was the way the bathroom is set up... Having a shower always seemed to flood the bathroom as there was no way of stopping the water from splashing out onto the floor because the glass only went halfway across.

The Hotel is in a very central location & we were able to walk to almost all the places we wanted to see (Waterfront 45mins - Sagrada 25mins). It is also 5mins from 2 of Gaudi's other famous buildings. As well there are lots of nice cafes around so you will not go hungry.

Our room had some interesting artwork in it - A sculpture in a glass case. & The hotel actually had a small Egyptian Museum set up on the 1st floor with some interesting pieces. The lobby area also has some nice sculptures. & a view of artwork in the courtyard

A great start to our vacation!!

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank MI586

Dear Guest,
I appreciate your honest comments about your stay.
I am glad you have enjoyed the location and hotel facilities so much.