“2nd time I stay there”

and 1 more site!
Barcelona Rooms
Ranked #127 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
Reviewed January 12, 2014

It is the 2nd time I staid there. Location is still a big advantage: near to metro, by foot it is feasable to go to the center. Friendly staff, clear rooms, bath room and WC. We stais for 3 nights and the 2nd we got clean bed linnen and towels: that was a nice surprise :-) But it really needs some updating. The outside is not inviting. I passed it, not realising this was it. 3 years ago it was nicer looking. 3 years ago I used the kitchen for simple beakfast and the fridge. this time this was not possible: they use the kitchen as storage for cleaning stuff :-( The matrases are really too hard!!! Horible. I still think it is a good price-value ballance. For me the most important was good budget, clean and easy access to metro and distance to center. I would still stay there. But I hope they will freshen it up!

• Stayed: December 2013, traveled with friends

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

It's not the worst hostel I've experienced but definitely not at the top of my list. The staircase, corridors and rooms are dark and badly lit. The on suite bathroom smelt badly of damp and mould. The location is average but there is a fantastic cafe situated next door.

• Stayed: September 2013
1  Thank Jeniwood
Reviewed August 27, 2013

We booked a double room with shared bathroom and stayed there the first night. The room was ok but the beds were very uncomfortable. The shared bathroom and kitchen were clean and included all necessary equipment. On spot we ask if it is possible to upgrade the booking and so we moved to a studio including our own kitchen and bathroom. The studio was fine - comfortable beds, seemed pretty new, size ok, also clean and had a balcony.
Wi-Fi is included and there are also public PCs available.
The location is perfect, as the underground is pretty close but you can reach many sights, restaurants and bars in walking distance and the Airport shuttle stops next to the hostel. There is also a supermarket next door.
Also the staff is very friendly and gave us many tips what to visit and where to go. All in all we enjoyed our stay in this friendly and nice place.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank 11Mini
Reviewed July 15, 2013

I was mixed about this place. There's a lot of good about it, but a couple of downers too. I had the single bedroom with shared bath.

The good:
- Location: Absolutely perfect. Half a block from the metro station and from where the airport bus drops you and picks you up. Walking distance to both Plaza Catalunya and Plaza Espagna. Plenty of cafes and supermarkets close by. Located in a classy old building, with lovely tall ceilings and beautiful tile work. Lots of personality.
- Staff: friendly, helpful, accommodating. All smiles.
- Cleanliness: pretty spotless, especially the shared bathroom. Clean showers, clean floors. Room was tidy and well kept.
- Wifi: superfast. Easy to connect. Always worked.
- Value: fairly decent, especially in a town where everything is extremely inflated during the summer months.

The downers:
- Uncomfortable bed: Really, it's time to replace the mattress, guys. It's pretty uncomfortable. I don't look for much in a budget place, and I'm generally happy, but the least I expect is a comfortable mattress to sleep on. This was a biggie for me.
- Cut off for check in time: This didn't affect me as such, but could've had I missed my flight (which I narrowly did) and had to take the next available one. The cut off for check in is 9pm, and if you don't make it for that, you're stranded. This also applies to if you happen to lose your main door key. Perhaps an emergency number wouldn't be a bad idea? Stuff happens all the time, and it's good to have a reassuring helpline in an unknown city.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
4  Thank BaggageClaim
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Clean, nice rooms, we shared bathrooms and had no problems in doing so, very clean and nice :). Very good value for money and staff were very helpful in directing us around city and best ways to get around etc. Overall: A* So pleased we stayed here.

Room Tip: We requested non smoking room, friends' were staying at front of hotel and we were at the back-f...
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank Natasha D
Reviewed July 3, 2013 via mobile

Location: The place is 100 meters distance from Urgell Station. The best and most convenient way to reach the place from Barcelona Airport is to take Aerobus. It only takes less than 35 minutes to reach Urgell Station.

Facilities: The Studio with kitchenette is very spacious. The kitchenette doesn't have any burner but is equiped with microwave. You can easily hear your neighbor banging their doors.

Services: Staff Ana is very friendly and accomodating though the only service that they provide is just giving the key and give you the city map.

Cleanliness: They clean the room every other day. The entire facility is old but generally clean.

Security: They provide one card key that provides access to the main entrace door, floor entrance and to your room.

Price: With the spaceous room and its location, the rate I got for three nights is equivalent to one night at four star hotel. So Its a good deal.

Overall, I recommend this place especially if you are under budget constraints and like space.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Amador P
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Location at Eixample is the best. Rooms are overally OK. But views out the window are depressing, with clothes hanging out balconies all over; truly a slum-like appearance. Lobby and stairwell and elevator are very old, dark, dilapidated, smelly of mold; good setting for a horror movie. They ridiculously limit access to their kitchens for the morning only. Their systems are archaic and inefficient, such as their plumbing. The water heater is tiny, resulting in frequent freezing showers. Their staff are polite but self-servient; they engage in fast or distracting talk when presented with reports about the above.

• Stayed: June 2013
3  Thank Pasaden57
barcelonarooms, Manager at Barcelona Rooms, responded to this reviewResponded July 8, 2013

Thanks for your review. We are located in a modernist building with historical fassade of a typical EiXAMPLE building and interior square yard. We offerd Apartments and Studios with private fully equiped kitchen and Rooms with shared facilities that have no kitchen access.