“Low budget, excellent location, old building”
Review of Barcelona Rooms

Barcelona Rooms
Ranked #137 of 307 Barcelona B&B and Inns
“Low budget, excellent location, old building”
Reviewed June 15, 2013

Location at Eixample is the best. Rooms are overally OK. But views out the window are depressing, with clothes hanging out balconies all over; truly a slum-like appearance. Lobby and stairwell and elevator are very old, dark, dilapidated, smelly of mold; good setting for a horror movie. They ridiculously limit access to their kitchens for the morning only. Their systems are archaic and inefficient, such as their plumbing. The water heater is tiny, resulting in frequent freezing showers. Their staff are polite but self-servient; they engage in fast or distracting talk when presented with reports about the above.

• Stayed June 2013
3 Thank Pasaden57
barcelonarooms, Manager at Barcelona Rooms, responded to this review, July 8, 2013
Thanks for your review. We are located in a modernist building with historical fassade of a typical EiXAMPLE building and interior square yard. We offerd Apartments and Studios with private fully equiped kitchen and Rooms with shared facilities that have no kitchen access.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Greek first
  • Polish first
Brugge, West-Vlaanderen, Belgium
Reviewed June 7, 2013

I was looking for a low budget, honest and good located accomodation and I found it @ Barcelona Rooms. I was traveling alone as woman and felt safe with their safety system to close the doors.

It was the 1st time for me that I would share kitche, bathroom and toilet, but it was no problem at all. It was clean at all times. My "room mates" were friendly and it was not too noisy to sleep.

The staff was very friendly and helpful. Location was perfect: not far from center en very close to metro.

very close their is a nice little place to enjoy budget friendly aand lovely breakfast. It is also not far from "going out" area.

Gay friendly guestroom and very near of gay area of Barcelona.

I will go back for sure :-)

• Stayed September 2012, traveled solo
1 Thank Salima K
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed May 4, 2013

This is a fairly simple yet perfectly positioned Hostel. We had a private room with private bathroom. The room was a little old but very colourful and in the style of Barcelona. The shower was modern. Both the room and bathroom were a little small but for what you pay, its pretty fair. The shared kitchen was fine although there were only certain times during the day you could access the fridge. Right out the front of the door is a subway stop making it easy to get around as well as plenty of cafes and eateries. Its walking distance from a lot of the major city attractions. The fan was a little old and some A/C might have been good but the room didnt get too hot and we were there in the summer. If you are looking for a nice, clean place on a budget, I'd recommend this place.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed April 24, 2013

I wanted a cheap hotel for a 3 night stay for my trip to Barcelona with my son for his 18th birthday present of a football game at the Nou Camp and then to explore the city.
I plumped for Barcelona Rooms and I cant speak highly enough of it.
No, it is not a 5 star, all mod cons hotel that I would take the wife for a romantic stay but for the purposes of this trip it was perfect and more.
The Aerobus dropped us off at the Urgell metro (2nd stop from the airport) costing us 10 euros each for a return ticket. The hotel was literally a 1 minute walk from here, virtually right outside the metro entrance. The entrance to the hotel is not obvious and I am glad I 'google-earthed' it before I went!! The staff on check in were really friendly and spoke English.
We made our way up to the 2nd floor and entered the main apartment block which was really spacious and so full of Mediterranean character. Our bedroom was basic yes, but had 2 single beds a tv, wardrobe and bedside table...what more do you need to sleep?! We had a little balcony overlooking the road, which made it a little noisy but earplugs soon stopped that when sleeping!
There are 2 seperate shared wc / sink / shower rooms which were ample. The shower is powerful and hot water is no problem (leave it running for a while). Although shared, we never had to wait to use it. There is also a good sized communual dining room.
An added real bonus was the kitchen (open 7.30 - 12.30) which had oven / fridge / freezer / microwave / plates & cutlery etc and even free tea / coffee and breakfast cereals (corn flakes and muesli). This really helped keep the cost of the trip down as we ate the cereal and bought some eggs and bread (from pattisserie right next to the hotel entrance), so left full in the mornings!
We wanted extra pillows and were supplied with them by the friendly reception staff. Our bedding was changed after the 2nd night. The wifi worked fantastically. We left our luggage at the hotel after checking out free of charge and collected it around 7pm.
All in all considering we paid 156 euros for 3 nights, I cannot fault the standard of the accommodation and services provided. It is in a fantastic location (15 mins walk to La Ramblas) and right next to aerobus and metro stop. You will be hard pushed to find a better all round package in this price range - book it now, you wont regret it!!!

• Stayed April 2013, traveled with family
2 Thank Keithmorson
Middlesbrough, United Kingdom
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

I have stopped here many times over the last five or six years. It has expanded considerably in that time. I have always found it good value and have met lots of different people. Daniel is always friendly and helpful and despite the expansion the personal touch has never been lost. It is a very economic way of visiting Barcelona. The facilities are good and the kitchen is always really useful. My room on this occasion was very good, rear facing with a lovely sunny balcony.

• Stayed March 2013
1 Thank mprudhoe
Tromsø
Reviewed March 26, 2013 via mobile

This is an option for the independent traveller. The reception is manned from 9am to 9pm, otherwise you use a key card to enter from the street, and dial two different codes to access the appartment and your room. The staff is friendly, but you hardly ever see them (or indeed any other guests), you simply go in and out as you like. It feels safe and simple. The room is fine, with beds a bit on the hard side (No problem for me). The only issue is that there is no staff after 9, which can pose a problem if your plane is late.

Stayed March 2013, traveled solo
1 Thank OsopolarTromso
padova
Reviewed February 16, 2013

Stayed 5 days in August, the hotel is in the University district of Barcelona. The apartment is clean and the rooms are nicely adorned and some even have a balcony (at least mine did). Subway station right in front of the hotel, ramblas at a 10 minute walk, so I must say I got what I paid for.
On their website they say they have a kitchen where you can cook your own food. I'd rather call it a breakfast room as it closes at 12 pm!! This really messed up my trip as I was planning on eating home, instead I was forced to eat lunch at 11:30 (I am italian and eating before twelve is a sin) and to go out for dinner which made me spend almost twice as much as I planned.

• Stayed August 2012, traveled with friends