“A real treat”

Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed April 10, 2013 via mobile

This place is brilliant. It started with our friendly, helpful n very nice waiter Isreal. He couldnt do enough for us (granted Barcelona football team were playing so the resteruant was quiet). He gave recommended an excellent wine and Israel even changed one of the dishes (organized a selection of the croquets) to accommodate our table

Every course we was imaginative, interesting and delicious. My wife said 'it was a joy on the taste buds'. We all took great delight in sharing all our courses and found it difficult to choosing the 'best' cause they were all tasty

At the end of the meal we were all pleasantly surprised when the bill came. We all thought ?50 a head including drinks and tip an excellent value. Thoroughly recommend this place and we will certainly be back

Reviewed April 4, 2013

I dined at Codium with my girlfriend when we spent a week in Barcelona. We had a great food experience, with new interesting flavours and combinations!
The service felt very personalized with the waitors full attention and good recommendations of drinks to go with the food. The show cooking definitely gave it an extra special touch.
The restaurant has a very cozy and relaxed vibe. We absolutely recommend this place, especially having the "Menu de gustacion".

Reviewed February 21, 2013

I visited Codium as I happened to be staying in the vicinity and performed a quick search on Tripadvisor. What lovely experience! The meal was wonderful with complimentary flavours and textures and thanks to recommendations from the very friendly and efficient FOH/waiter, with well matched accompanying drinks.

The menu offers a good choice and there should be something there to suit most palates.. The biggest problem really is making the final choice!

As a sometimes solo diner, I am too frequently dismayed by the choice of wine on offer when you don't want a bottle, or a half bottle, but instead, prefer a different and complimentary wine for each course. Codium....you did not let me down here....top marks.....and all very reasonably priced. The red with the duck main course was an excellent choice, as was the desert option.

The restaurant does not seat many, so I would imagine that booking may be advisable, especially as it is just across the street from a small, though active theatre. The surrounding are pleasant, but not plush, and there was a very nice jazz mix playing in the background the night I visited....cliched...maybe...but, it was a well chosen mix!

Enough of the waffle.....is it expensive? At approx 65 euro including drinks for each of 4 courses (I include the amuse bouche and complimentary cava) for food conceived,prepared, presented and served to a high standard., water and coffees...yes, maybe it is..but reasonably so....and for value... it is right up therewith the best!

Reviewed December 5, 2012

We were really impressed by the quality of the food as well as the service. We enjoyed the starters who set the rhythm for the night and the wine suggestion was excellent.
Creative cuisine that reminded us why we love food!

2  Thank ancka_sand
Reviewed November 15, 2012

This little gem is tucked away from the crowds. As you enter you would not assume that you were about to enter into one of your best dining experiences. The setting is rather simple perhaps to not distract you from amazing food that is to come.
My girlfriend and I had the tuna tataki for a starter which was nice. However the star was the incredible Duck Cannelloni. I think I have had multiple dreams about this dish since! The free glass of cava and friendly service was a plus. . Very reasonably priced. Not to miss

1  Thank TonkaTrucks