“Great staff, horrible food.”
2 of 5 bubbles Review of Restaurant Etapes

Restaurant Etapes
Reserve with
Restaurant Etapes is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #88 of 9,396 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions, Romantic
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Eixample
Description: The Etapes gourmet restaurant is located in the Eixample of Barcelona near the commercial center of the city. Etapes model seeks to contribute to a healthy and sustainable food with the use of techniques that respect the properties of a seasonal product and proximity. Cannelloni, roasted with foie gras and truffled cream cheese, shelled lobster, fresh fish, boned and crispy suckling pig and paella respect their traditional flavors with an updated preparation and presentation. We have a wide selection of wines with over 400 diferent references and the restaurant atmosphere is intimate and quiet.
Fort Worth, Texas
“Great staff, horrible food.”
Reviewed February 15, 2013

OK, this is one of those rare misses for TA. We went to this place based on it's great reviews, but came away scratching our heads. There was only two people there when we went and only one more came in while we ate. My wife had the special of the house, the scorpion fish, and I had the suckling pig. My wife's fish was WAY over cooked and she said she should of sent it back [the other table sent back a shrimp dish]. My pig was a little dry but not too bad. The girls working were so nice that we didn't want to get too mad. With four glasses of cava, a desert, and jamon for starter our meal was 84 euro...not worth it. Next time we will pay more attention to the amount of patrons eating before committing.

• Visited February 2013
2 Thank hillbilly60

• Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Polish first
Philadelphia, PA
“Loved it”
Reviewed February 13, 2013

My son and I dined there twice in three days. Not a large menu or a large restaurant. It has a neighborhood vibe. The cannelloni is exceptional.

• Visited January 2013
uk
“Simply stunning!”
Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

We've just returned from a meal at Restaurant Etapes and it couldn't be faulted. They were very welcoming speaking Spanish as well as fluent English. My party all agreed that the food was to die for, in particular the Fois Gras Canneloni, scallops, lamb shank and as recommended the Tiramisu! The White Rioja also comes highly recommended! An all round stunning (& reasonable) meal and hope the rest of the meals in Barcelona live up to these standards! Muchas gracias!

Punta Gorda Fl
“Great , Delicious Flashback”
Reviewed February 3, 2013

I arrived in Barcelona approxamitley two years ago on a high school trip during my freshman year. I had hated every single place we ate at and my allergies were preventing me from eating where they all ate at. I was either starving or eating burger king or mcdonalds. I ate here just to give Espana another chance. I regret nothing ... the food here was absolutely delicious and I loved it ! This wasn't so far from our hotel and I would walk up during lunch to grab a bite to eat. I am returning to Barcelona one day soon to stay ! I can't wait to visit Etapes! Ciao !

• Visited March 2012
1 Thank Meghan C
Barcelona, Spain
“Great food and excellent value”
Reviewed January 24, 2013

This restaurant is off the tourist track but not too far away from the main attractions and it's well worth making a slight detour to enjoy their excellent food. At midday they serve a set menu for 15.50€, great value for the quality of food offered. At night you can enjoy their specialities. It's a small , cosy restaurant , the service is attentive and unobstrusive. They all speak good English.

• Visited January 2013