“Awful, and I told them!”

Celler de Tapas - Universitat
Ranked #2,687 of 9,510 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Families with children, Kids
Dining options: Brunch, Dinner, Lunch, Accepts American Express, Accepts Mastercard, Accepts Visa, Cash Only, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible, Wine and Beer
Neighborhood: El Raval
Description: Celler de Tapas is a restaurant in a very nice location of Barcelona. It has a nice terrace and on the inside it has a nice dinning area. On the menu you will find tapas, paella and some nice dishes perfect for children and adults.
West Midlands
“Awful, and I told them!”
Reviewed June 4, 2013

We visited this restaurant at 11.20pm, and shown to a table, the food in fairness was not too bad, but as we were eating the waitress was hovering over our table to take our plates away asap! we did not know that they closed at 11.45pm, if we had been informed of this we would have chosen to go else where!, more drinks were refused as they wanted to go home, I tried to explain to the waitress that she should have told us that we had 15 minutes to eat and she was very rude. I certainly would not go back again.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank WMTrish

• Finnish first
  • Greek first
Dudley, United Kingdom
“OK, but nothing special”
Reviewed May 29, 2013

Went here for tapas on our way out for the evening. It was a bit early for most people, obviously, as the place was fairly empty save for a couple of other people. We ordered a selection of tapas dishes, which came with free garlic potatoes and charged-for bread that we didn't ask for, but ate anyway. Unlike other tapas places we visited, the dishes were brought out as a when they were ready rather than in one go. There would probably be better value places than this to go to, but this was conveniently placed (for us) between our hotel and the Universitat Metro station.

• Visited May 2013
“Poor food, terrible staff”
Reviewed May 25, 2013 via mobile

Eating at this place was possibly my worst experience in Barcelona. I was traveling on my own and was suggested to eat at palace nearby bit it was early yet and so it was fairly empty. This place was close by and had a fairly trendy atmosphere. That and one of the waitresses were the only positives. I ordered 3 dishes and got 2 and some bread. When I questioned his I was told very abruptly by the male waiter that everyone got one. My other dish didn't arrive until I asked again! The sangria was fairly bland, the prawns were dreadful and in the end I paid for bread I both didn't want and hadn't ordered! I would give this place a wide berth. Saying it was poor is really a compliment!!

Visited May 2013
2 Thank Angelina P
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“boring!”
Reviewed May 21, 2013

we went to this tapas bar on the recommendation of the concierge , but the food lacked flavor, their menu was very poor in choice and the service was very slow. even the sangrias weren't that great and it was over priced!

Visited May 2013
Puerto Vallarta, Mexico
“Very good option”
Reviewed May 20, 2013

It is a very relaxed place in a good location, different options for tapas with classics such as patatas bravas, their own version of hamburger tapa style (small portion with foie gras) different but nice and I loved the sangria!!! just a detail in the sense that staff is friendly and helpful but not too much expresive to expalin the menu so the best it taste it!!!!

• Visited May 2013