“Too bad prices are now exaggerated”

Mamarosa Beach Restaurant
Reserve with
Save up to 30% when you reserve online *
Mamarosa Beach Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #3,278 of 9,585 Restaurants in Barcelona
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Scenic view
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Neighborhood: Barceloneta
BarcelonaFlo
“Too bad prices are now exaggerated”
Reviewed August 25, 2013

This used to be my preferred place for a dinner on the new beach of Barcelona, below the W hotel. Not anymore. Last time I went there, prices had been raised so much that it was not at all good value for money. Some tomato on a "white pizza" will cost you 2€/pizza (!), service was not particularly attentive, a big disillusion indeed.

• Visited June 2013

Kent England
“Location great, food nice, more lighting please!”
Reviewed August 21, 2013

We wandered along the beach one night looking for somewhere to eat and opted for Mamarosa. The location, right on the beach, is lovely. The staff are young and friendly, and it has a lively atmosphere. The chairs are quite low, but comfy, and it is quite noisy. Not the place for a romantic meal. Having said that, the food is nice. The menu isn't large, but there is enough choice. We shared a four cheese pizza and a goats cheese salad, and both were very tasty. The salad included strawberries and peaches, random, but it worked. My one slight grumble is that it's so dark in the restaurant that it's impossible to read the menu. I had to use the torch on my phone! One lady moved to the back of the restaurant to view the menu. It was good value though, especially considering the location.

• Visited August 2013
Nottingham, United Kingdom
“Brilliant night!!!”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I just celebrated my birthday in the restaurant and it was brilliant, we had a table on the terrace over looking the beach the food was really nice, the starters are slightly over priced but the mains are good value, we had some yummy seafood and lots of wine, the staff where absolutely lovely and really made our evening special, they couldn't do enough for us. There was a DJ on a bit later playing some really good tunes so we stayed for a few more drinks after we'd finished eating. I would definitely recommend this restaurant and will be back for another visit soon. Thanks all for a lovely night

• Visited August 2013
Paris, France
“Mamorosa Beach Restaurant”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

My name is Nadia. I would like to share my great experience in Expo Hotel and especially on the terrace of that hotel.
Some days ago I was celebrating my wedding anniversary on the terrace of Expo Hotel. My husband prepared a surprise dinner for me there.
Was lovely...all the staff of the terrace was very attentive and they did make that evening special for us. The Food and Beverage Manager prepared a nice surprise for both of us a big delicious chocolate cake and some little details on the table like a flowers, glass of champagne…really amazing. The view from that terrace paid for itself. You can see fountain show up from there and all that lights…gorgeous!!!
The food was wonderful.
I totally will recommend to go there to all my friends.
Thank you very much for a great experience and for unforgettable evening. I would also like to say thank you to the Expo Hotel Food and Beverage Manager. Raul you are doing a great job wish you all the best!

• Visited July 2013
“HORRIFYING!!!!!WORST RESTAURANT EVER.”
Reviewed July 29, 2013

This is without a doubt the worst place I have ever been. Slow service, bad food, but the worst thing is that the staff just do not care about the customer. This restaurant is made for the casual customer. You come to Barcelona on holydays, you see a restaurant with nice views and you think you are going to have a great time, but you are wrong, from the cold welcome to the cold and extremely overpriced food you feel that you just don't matter to them, you feel like just a number. Durng my stay in barcelona I went to a different restaurant every day and this is, by far, the worst. But not the worst in barcelona, the worst restaurant i have been in mu life!!!! Please avoid.

Visited July 2013