Open today: 10:00 AM - 8:00 PM
More Information

Ways to Experience Steel Donkey Bike Tours
from $42.63
More Info
All reviews great tour real barcelona normal tourist booked a private tour cycle lanes small group our tour guide your bearings great fun gothic quarter pace mariana cyclists neighborhoods route opportunities activity
Selected filters
Reviewed May 12, 2016

I loved my four-hour private bike tour with David, who was friendly, easy-going, and super-knowledgable about the city's history and politics. We rode to areas I'd never have seen otherwise -- one of the last neighborhoods that hasn't been inundated by tourists, a developing high-rise/high-tech industry area, the beach . . . We were lucky to have perfect weather. In addition to providing some relief from the tourist throngs around the major sites (that of course I thronged to myself), the tour provided a great overview of the city and its culture. The cycling is far from strenuous and there's hardly any riding in car traffic; there's lots of stopping to check places out, hence lots of starting up again. Basic bike-handling skills and comfort on a bike are all that's needed.

1  Thank Simkhele
Reviewed May 10, 2016

My husband and I did a private bike tour for an afternoon. Our guide, Edu was very knowledgeable and personable and took us to places that we never would have found on our own. We learned so much about Barcelona and it's history. Edu also took us to some interesting markets and also along the beautiful beaches. Then he took us to a pub that was full of locals (no tourists!) and we tasted delicious authentic Spanish dishes which we thoroughly enjoyed. The food was extra and was a highlight of the tour. This bike tour was the perfect way for me to see Barcelona because I'm injured and having difficulty walking but biking is fine and we covered a lot of ground. We have already recommended this bike tour to friends and will continue to do so.

Date of experience: April 2016
1  Thank h0lym0ly
Reviewed May 8, 2016

We just finished a private bike tour with Steel Donkey. It was an incredible amount of fun. Our guide took us to areas that we would never have known about and shared some interesting details about the city. We had great / authentic tapas and a really fun time. This tour is excellent for young to older adults. Great job. Thank you!

Reviewed May 6, 2016

We spent more than 4 hours touring much of Barcelona that is outside normal tourist locations. Our tour guide David was exceptional in his knowledge of the city and the history of Catalona. From incredible parks to neighborhood placas, we saw a lot of the city...stopping for churro a and chocolate, of course. The biking was easy and comfortable. This was a far better experience than fighting the tourist crowds.

1  Thank DarrellCarol
Reviewed April 30, 2016 via mobile

Perfect start to a weekend break to get to see the whole city and learn about history in really interesting n engaging way!!

Date of experience: April 2016