“Hit or Miss! ”

Cuisines: Mediterranean
Good for: Large groups
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night
Neighborhood: La Rambla
Description: Restaurant with mediterranean cuisine in the city center.
Reviewed March 17, 2013 via mobile

Drinks and a lite snack, remember it is a "cafeteria"! Our first visit we were impressed, our second visit a year later it was a miss. Maybe should have sat outside and had drinks and watched the people as they walk the main strip.

Reviewed January 3, 2013

We went to this cafe on Dec 31 for a pre New Year lunch. It was not planned, just when we walked around and got really hungry, this cafe had the outdoor sitting with one table vacant, overall looked alright, so we sat down to order. The food was not too bad, however when we got the bill, the price was much more than we expected. I went to see the waitress, she said you sat outside, right? so it has 20% surcharge. I could not believe it... but my partner asked me not to argue since it's holiday. Now I see so many negative reviews on TA, I don't feel surprised at all.

2  Thank OliZ12
Reviewed November 27, 2012

the title says it all.. a restaurant for those who want to waste their money.
junk food, overpriced and terrible service.
you better avoid this one and try to find something to eat at any place except ramblas.
only for tourists who get carried away by photos of food outside the reastaurant
unfortunately i was one of them!

2  Thank Passenger30
Reviewed November 2, 2012

I wrongly assumed that restaurants on La Rambla would be of a high standard - how wrong was I! Firstly when we sat down there was sugar all over the table, we cleared this up ourselves after it was evident when the waiter took out menu and didnt clean it that he was going to ignore it. I ordered a chicken cesear salad as well as tapas between the two of us. Our drinks followed 10 minutes after our food without an explanation. The salad was drenched in a white dressing which tasted so vile I thought I would be sick instantly and I couldn't manage more than 2 mouthfuls. I left the whole salad and waited for the waiter to return, When he did I explained the foul taste, said perhaps it wasn't fresh and he rudely picked up the dishes and stormed off to the manager where he threw the bowl down in front of him and started throwing his hands in the air! When it was obvious nothing else was going to be done we went to pay, there was no apology or mention of not charging us for the salad, we were presented with the bill as normal. I think this is appalling customer service, all it takes is for an apology and an offer of something else from the menu. I don't normally review restaurants but felt that this experience was so bad that I had to. Over priced and awful food, ill mannered staff with a very, very poor attitude to their customers. Avoid, avoid, avoid!!

1  Thank Dublin_Ireland9
Reviewed November 2, 2012

This place looks half decent from the outside, but AVOID!

I ordered Spanish omelette – it arrive barely warm. When I asked for it to be heated, the surly waiter took it into the kitchen where they obviously wanted to teach me a lesson, because it was returned, 15 minutes later, super boiling hot, having been nuked-to-death in the microwave.

The staff were more interested in chatting up a couple of girls than serving customers.

Honestly, don’t bother with this place.

1  Thank machinmad