“Average food”
Review of Taberna Del Cura

Taberna Del Cura
Reserve with
Taberna Del Cura is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,347 of 10,193 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Local cuisine
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Neighborhood: Gracia
Reviewed November 7, 2012

Dinner on Sunday night, unfortunately not many restaurants are open that night, so we had dinner at this restaurant. I felt the waiter was trying to sell Us the most expensive wine and food. The wine he proposed was just average, at a not average price. The food acceptable at best. Service courteous. Would not go back or recommend this restaurant

Reviewed October 19, 2012

Solomillo (filet) and Chuletón (Sirloin steak) were fantastic. The meat was cooked to our request "al punto". Restaurant was busy but the waiters always found the way to be ready and present. They even went to a store nearby to find a light coke that they did not have on hand

Reviewed September 19, 2012

I first tried this restaurant about 8 years ago on a recommendation from my hotel, and I was not disappointed. The food and the service were so good I returned 2 more times during my stay in Barcelona. On a more recent visit, this time with my husband and elderly father, I insisted that we have lunch here at least once. it was still as good as I remembered.

The atmosphere is casual . . .as "business casual" dress is to "business" dress. The service is friendly without being too familiar. The food is good, solid Spanish/Catalunyan. Lots of grilled meat, a nice selection of tapas. No Ferran Adria here! It's just good, solid, well-prepared and plentiful. We started with a couple of tapas . . .pimientos de Padron and croquetas de pollo. The peppers were perfectly sauteed and meltingly tender, sprinkled lightly with sea salt. I think we all were a little sad when the last one was gone. The croquetas were perfectly formed little balls, with good chicken flavor and none of that gluey, flour-paste flavor that often accompanies this tapa.

My husband and I shared a grilled entrecote of beef, which arrived quite pink and bloody, in slices arrayed sizzling on a very hot cast-iron grill. We were able to then finish off the cooking at table. A generous mound of coarse sea salt in one corner of the grill was perfect seasoning. The meat was juicy and flavorful, and done just right. We ordered some bearnaise sauce to go with the entrecote, and it too was excellent. The entrees were served with a smooth potato puree that had been passed under a broiler, giving it a nice, toasty brown finish. It would have been a mistake to have ordered two of the entrecotes, as the one serving was just about all the 2 of us could manage.

My father had a beautifully grilled lamb shank, which he is still talking about almost three weeks later. (That and those Padron peppers . . .) We had a couple of pitchers of white sangria, made with cava, and finished our meal with some crema catalunya. The restaurant provides complimentary digestifs at the close of every meal, leaving the bottles on the table for you to help yourself. For the 3 of us the bill was about 80 euro, and after that lunch, we really weren't interested in dinner of any sort.

I do highly recommend La Taberna del Cura to anyone looking for a good quality, classic meal in Barcelona.

Reviewed August 19, 2012

On our last night in Barcelona we were looking for a nice resturant to finish things off in style. After a long search we finally found this place and had the Bacalao and deserts. It was all fantastic. The service was great and the prices fair. What else do you need?

Reviewed August 3, 2012 via mobile

Nice place!

Good calamari !! Great Tomatoe bread!
Complimentry deserts and liqueurs at end of meal.

Very classy !