“Gotico Tapas”

The Barcelona Taste
Ranked #8 of 174 Food & Drink in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The city's first gastronomical tapas tour, The Barcelona Taste is about food. And lots of it! On this 2-3 hour food tour we stop in 3-4 small food establishments in either the famous Gothic or the lovely Gracia neighborhoods of Barcelona. Our venues range from high-quality specialty shops to home-style tapas restaurants, each one with its own scrumptious specialties for you to taste. A knowledgeable and very friendly guide will safely lead you through this labyrinth of a neighborhood, all the while sharing stories about Barcelona life, food, and history. You will enjoy all the cuisine, and, due to the small size of the group, you will also enjoy a more personal, relaxed experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
Reviewed July 9, 2014

Great experience. Do early in your vacation because you will be able to ask your guide for other recommendations, - food or anything else. We experienced 4 locations. One for cheeses, one Catalan style tapas, one for Spanish style tapas, and one for desserts. I personally would have preferred going to 3 tapas bars and skipping the cheese one. The cheese location was wonderful; I just would have liked to try more variations of tapas. That said, you can't please everyone all of the time and others would probably feel that the cheese and dessert provided a feeling that at the end that the tour provided a complete meal. FYI - in planning the part of our trip that concentrated on the Gothic district, I debated leaving off walking around the Gothic part for fear that it might be redundant. I'm glad I scheduled separate walking time for the Gothic area because we were too busy talking as we walked from from bar to bar to really appreciate the amazing district. (See Rick Steve's Barcelona for great walking tours.)

There are newer reviews for The Barcelona Taste

Reviewed July 5, 2014

An excellent 3 hour tour of Barcelona that was very personal; my wife and I learned a great deal about the city as well as the culture... with food & wine. Tito was a very good host / tour guide... entertaining and educational all at once. A truly unique start to the vacation... I highly recommend the Gotico Tour for any first-time visitors to Barcelona.

Reviewed July 3, 2014

We had a great 3 hr tour with Jo the first night we arrived in Barcelona. We really got an authentic taste of the Tapas bars in the Gottico area. We learned about vermouth, mousca and beer and ate wonderful treats. They keep the tours small - 6 guests which makes it a lovely evenng. She even gave us great restaurant recommendations for the rest of our visit.

Reviewed June 29, 2014

This was a delightful evening in a small group of six plus our guide. We were a very congenial group and enjoyed getting to know each other as we sampled some of the best nibbles of our three weeks in Spain. You would never find the places that we went on your own--they are truly tiny and out of the way. Avoid the food on tourist circuit and try this tour.

1  Thank Goodsailing
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Did the Gotico tour - outstanding experience. Lisa was a great host, the rest of the group was really cool, and I loved all the small places that we went to which I would have never found on my own. Great food and drinks - especially the vermouth (still trying to find something like it here at home). Lisa also came through with some top notch recommendations after the trip - the only downside was that I wasn't in Barcelona long enough to try them all. Definitely recommended!

1  Thank Chung Y