Open today: 7:00 PM - 10:00 PM

Reviewed yesterday
W4339SJjenniferw
Sacramento, California
via mobile
Fun, delicious and educational!

Reviewed 5 days ago
jf94507
Alamo, California

All reviews tapas tour poble sec catalan tapas sweet vermouth small group great introduction restaurant recommendations gothic quarter second stop food scene highly recommend this tour great company booked this tour spanish food highlight of our trip food and wine an excellent guide
Reviewed yesterday via mobile

Guide Tito was friendly and informative. Great tour for the first few days in the city, so you can truly appreciate the cuisine and feel comfortable dining out. Thumbs up for sure!

Reviewed 5 days ago

We went on the tour our first night in Barcelona and it was a great introduction to the Gothic section of the city. We met at a cathedral and walked on cobblestone streets and narrow alleys we never would have found to get to 3 delicious tapas bars. Our guide explained the differences in Spanish and Catalonian dishes and ordered lots of food for the 7 of us (including him). Since it was a Saturday night there was much activity on the streets, including a Catalonian protest (monitored by many police), a religious dance by people in costumes on stilts and an impromptu outdoor rock concert. A wonderful evening!

Reviewed 5 days ago via mobile

We took a food tour In the Barcelona el Born and Gòtic district and it was amazingly informative, fun, and delicious! I would recommend the Barcelona taste food tours to anyone. Our guide was fantastic!

Reviewed 1 week ago

This tour was about nominally about Tapas. However, these Tapas told more about the culture of the city, and coupled with the commentary of our guide, about Spain and Catalonia in general. Tito was extremely knowledgable, and really gave us background on local history and culture and how it played out with the food.

Reviewed 1 week ago via mobile

Apparently my school boy crush on our tour guide was more obvious than not! Dispite being a bit embarrassed, I am writing this review to say that this tour is a must do! You will flavor food and drinks you would not have ordered alone (Vermut!) and stroll down Barcelona streets and alleys you quite possibly would miss. You’ll learn the fun history behind each dish and be introduced to Catalonia culture.

If I’ve convinced you to take this tour ask for Anna! She is extremely knowledgeable and so intimidatingly cultured but approachable. She tried her best to teach a couple of Americans how to be less... touristy, but I’m sure we failed miserably. Lastly, I have to mention on our final stop, anna ordered a birthday dessert dish that our group shared. It was quite thoughtful and charming. This tour was the perfect activity after a long night of alcoholic drinks. Thanks for showing us around. Alegres!

- Patrick

Reviewed 1 week ago

Amazing evening with Tito! We were lucky enough to have him all to ourselves and he didn't disappoint! The food he selected was spectacular, and although we aren't big drinkers, we very much enjoyed the offerings of Vermut, Wine and Cava. His love of all things Catalonian was very evident and it truly was a special and yummy evening for us. He was also able to steer us away from the touristy and not very good restaurants and into some VERY good choices away from the crowds. Can't recommend this tour enough - worth every penny.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

My husband and I were exhausted and knew that we only had 24 hours in Barcelona. We met our guide and the other two couples in front of a cathedral and walked to several locations, discussing local customs and interesting information as we walked. They switch tour destinations around every outing, so you never know exactly which places you'll be hitting.
We were introduced to Sweet Vermouth (local custom) and enjoyed dates, really good potatoes, different meat and eggplant tastes...so hard to remember them all. At the first stop, we took up 3 tiny tables in the window. In another, we headed through the narrow spot and up the back stairs to a wonderful little spot that made me feel like I was in a grandma's attic. Another was a bar setting, and then they kind of ran together in my memory. (Yes...alcohol was served...and deserts at the last place we definitely worth the walk in pouring rain!).

I'm 53 and in good health, but due to a head injury had to be careful where I was stepping...the tour was easy for me. I can't really imagine trying to do this with a family of young kids. The owner went to Grinnell College in Iowa (USA) so it was fun to have a trusted connection!

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

What a great evening. Our tour guide Lorea was so entertaining and very knowledgeable.

The Tapas bars were small local places that we wouldn’t have found without having taken the tour. The food was excellent and Lorea explained the origin and how the food was prepared.

We highly recommend this tour for anyone visiting the wonderful city of Barcelona.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

There were 6 of us traveling to Spain with Barcelona our first stop. The Barcelona Taste came highly recommended so we booked a tour. We were not disappointed- Jo was terrific- I just wish I had half her energy, so engaging, knowledgeable of the area, and tapas restaurants and food choices were the best!!
A tour is the best way to start your adventure of trying different tapas and Jo’s Barcelona Taste was great. We spent three weeks traveling through out Spain and we always came back to the first stop on our tour as one of our favorite meals and Beer! The vermouth was also great. While in Barcelona book with Jo - I promise you will not be disappointed

Reviewed 3 weeks ago

We booked this tour for our first night in Barcelona, and thank goodness we did. This was a definite highlight of our entire trip to Spain. Laura was an excellent guide and delightful companion for the evening, and we considered her a friend by the end of the night. We returned to one of the places she took us twice more before we left Barcelona, including our last night! Cannot recommend this tour and Laura enough!