“Great Tour with Great Guides” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of The Barcelona Taste

The Barcelona Taste
Ranked #9 of 162 Food & Drink in Barcelona
More attraction details
Owner description: The city's first gastronomical tapas tour, The Barcelona Taste is about food. And lots of it! On this 2-3 hour food tour we stop in 3-4 small food establishments in either the famous Gothic or the lovely Gracia neighborhoods of Barcelona. Our venues range from high-quality specialty shops to home-style tapas restaurants, each one with its own scrumptious specialties for you to taste. A knowledgeable and very friendly guide will safely lead you through this labyrinth of a neighborhood, all the while sharing stories about Barcelona life, food, and history. You will enjoy all the cuisine, and, due to the small size of the group, you will also enjoy a more personal, relaxed experience.
Useful Information: Bathroom facilities, Food available for purchase
New York City, New York
“Great Tour with Great Guides”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 24, 2012

I would highly recommend The Barcelona Taste food tour to anybody visiting Barcelona! The two guides, Joe and Dave, were great guys - friendly, engaging and very knowledgable. They are clearly passionate about the food and culture of Barcelona and this showed in their enthusiasm. They took us to four establishments - the food and drink we had at each were fantastic and by the end of the tour, nobody was hungry. The information I gained on the tour helped me for the rest of my time in the city. I absolutely would go on a tour with them again and recommend to anybody reading this to do the same!

Visited October 2012

• Hebrew first
Saint Simons Island, Georgia
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 49 helpful votes
“Like a progressive dinner with family”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 18, 2012

We booked a tour with the two Jo{e)s on our first evening in Barcelona. Clearly this is the perfect start to a vacation in Spain. Three great Tapas bars, in their respective families for three generations, Joe and Jo explained the food almost to the detail of a recipe. The food was excellent, the overview of history and culture made the evening educational and dos Joes made the evening entertaining. We had so much fun and it just added to the excitement of our two weeks in Spain and Portugal. When the evening was over, we were sad the party had to break up. Again, this is the way to begin a tour of Spain, and The Barcelona Taste is a must!

3 Thank Russ106
Woodbridge
“Yummy & Fun!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 15, 2012

My friend & I just got back from visiting beautiful Barcelona and The Barcelona Taste food tour was one of the highlights of our trip! Our tour guide Joe, was AWESOME! I felt like I was hanging out with friends, eating good food & engaging in great conversation. We started off at a cheese shop, had a variety of tapas at two different restaurants, and then ended the night with delicious dessert. My favorite was the fried mashed potatoes with beef balls...Joe even gave me his after he saw how much I enjoyed it! There is so much food, you are not going to need to eat dinner! I highly, highly, highly, recommend this to anyone who wants to have a yummy & fun night! :)

Corsham, United Kingdom
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“The guides make it a delight!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

A bunch of us (2 brits, 4 americans and myself) joined Jo and Joe for an evening out which turned out to be great fun. As far as the price vs food comparison goes, whilst I did try what I can (muy delicioso, tengo que decir) it seemed the price tag was quite high vs the amount of food that you actually get. However I will say that both Jo(e)s were amazingly gracious, clever and courteous and it felt like an evening out with friends, rather than a conveyor belt-style tourist trap. If the plan is to gorge, this isn't the place. If you are squeamish or xenophobic and an "I won't eat that foreign food" type, don't even think about it. Open your mind to the lifestyle, open your tastebuds to the food and extend you hands to your guides and you will have a very pleasant experience, that I guarantee :)

1 Thank Stuart H
Barrington, Rhode Island
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Fun way to visit the Gothic Quarter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2012

Jo and Joe were great guides for the tasty and quaint restaurants in the Gothic Quarter. Despite the rain (Jo made sure that no umbrellas were left behind!), my husband and I had a wonderful time on the tour. Great way to spend a Barcelona evening since the knowledgable guides have done the leg work for you. Don't miss it!

Visited October 2012