“My favorite activity in Barcelona”

The Barcelona Taste
Ranked #8 of 185 Food & Drink in Barcelona
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: The city's first gastronomical tapas tour, The Barcelona Taste is about food. And lots of it! On this 2-3 hour food tour we stop in 3-4 small food establishments in either the famous Gothic or the lovely Gracia neighborhoods of Barcelona. Our venues range from high-quality specialty shops to home-style tapas restaurants, each one with its own scrumptious specialties for you to taste. A knowledgeable and very friendly guide will safely lead you through this labyrinth of a neighborhood, all the while sharing stories about Barcelona life, food, and history. You will enjoy all the cuisine, and, due to the small size of the group, you will also enjoy a more personal, relaxed experience.
Useful Information: Food available for purchase, Bathroom facilities
Reviewed August 7, 2011

This was so much fun. My husband and I went on our third night in Barcelona. There was one other couple, a single woman and our tour guide, Jo. Jo took us to these great little places that we couldn't have found on our own (or would have been intimidated to try). We went to three spots and the food was excellent at all three. We were absolutely stuffed after all of the stops (had to roll ourselves back to the hotel). The tour was great because all three tapas bars had something unique about them (a vermouth place with great fresh squid, anchovies etc; a Basque place and a the final place had a great tortilla and wonderful desserts).

My one recommendation - go early in your trip. The tour guides give you a map of the places the group went, so if you want to go back you'll have plenty of time to try the places again. Also, if you like paella, ask Jo to give you the name of the best place near the beach.

All reviews
"gothic quarter"
in 53 reviews
"second stop"
in 8 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 27 reviews
in 13 reviews
"great tapas"
in 12 reviews

Reviewed August 3, 2011

Joe was the best tour guide we could have hope for!
He knew alot about the food and beverages ;) and about the history of the city itself.
We were lucky to have him to ourselves for the night (my girlfriend and I)...we were very happy that he chose to come only for us! thanx joe!
Stops were quick and to the point!
Friendly people welcomed us everywhere we went!
...remember...do the tour when you arrive in barcelona so that you can go back to the places you like!
cheers
vincent
(www.thebarcelonataste.com)

1  Thank 7vinnie7
Reviewed August 3, 2011

I took my daughter to Barcelona as a college graduation gift. We heard about Barcelona Taste and decided it sounded like a great thing to do to introduce us to the food and culture of Barcelona. It turned out to be one of the highlights of our two weeks in Spain. We went to little "hole in the wall" places that we would never have ventured in to. The tapas were incredible, the drinks abundant and the little tiny cheese shop a real treat! The groups are very limited in size, which is one of the things that makes this so appealing, so make your reservations early so you won't be disappointed by your date being full.

I highly recommend Barcelona Taste as a must for every visitor

Reviewed July 29, 2011

I recently went on this food tour and really enjoyed it. My sister and I signed up for a tour on our first night in town. It ended up being the two of us with another couple and Jo. We went to four wonderful food establishments and ate and drank a ridiculous amount. Jo was so helpful in answering our questions about Barcelona, its food and its culture. She even took the time to write down all the places she mentioned to us, complete with addresses and a short description. It was well worth the time and money and I would do it again the next time I find myself there.