“Perfect paella...”

La Fonda del Port Olimpic
Reserve with
La Fonda del Port Olimpic is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #657 of 9,411 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Business meetings, Families with children, Kids, Large groups, Local cuisine, Scenic view, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Late Night, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Private Dining, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Neighborhood: Ciutadella / Vila Olimpica
“Perfect paella...”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2012 via mobile

We went there one night and the food and drinks were great. The tapas selection variaty is not that big but the tapas we ordered were good.
The paella was perfect and the portions are big so make sure u r sharing the paella if u r having tapas or starters.

• Arabic first
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Greek first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Turkish first
Preston UK
“Nice location, average food”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 8, 2012

Visited the La Fonda on the back of several good trip advisor reviews. Firstly the restaurant is situated in the corner of Port Olimpic overlooking the marina. Service was very good and prices were okay, not too expensive.
The menu is quite extensive however we opted for the mixed paella.
When the paella arrived it was steaming hot however in my humble opinion ( and the wife's!) it was way overcooked.
Maybe as many reviewers have said it may be worth a visit at lunchtime.

• Visited December 2012
1 Thank Ajb1207
Los Angeles, California
“Life changing paella”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2012

I came here with the boyfriend for dinner while on vacation. We asked the front desk of our hotel where we could find the best paella. They said La Fonda and wrote the address down. When we got in the cab, we told the driver La Fonda. He proceeded to take us to the wrong La Fonda but I think it was divine intervention at its finest.

Our waiter was friendly and helpful. I went with the Fisherman's Paella. I must say this dish is an experience. Truly one of the best meals I've had the pleasure to experience in my lifetime. After dinner the waiter brought us two shot glasses and a bottle of peach schnaps. Honestly I haven't drank that stuff since high school but I threw it back like a champ.

Now for the one bad part. I asked for part of my paella to go "para llevar." It never came back. When I asked the waiter about it, he didn't know what I was talking about and didn't try to fix the situation. You know food is good when you're still thinking about it the next morning and you're pissed that you can't have your leftovers.

We had paella at another restaurant and it just didn't compare. Do yourself a favor and try this restaurant.

• Visited March 2012
Arroyo Grande, California
“Unexpectedly good!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 27, 2012

Though a very tourist oriented restaurant, there were some locals and the paella was good. We were apprehensive about some bad reviews but had a terrific meal: Fisherman's Paella with an "OK" amount of shellfish, not "abundant" but sufficient and very tasty. Bread was put on the table without asking us if we wanted it and then they charged us for it, not a lot, but I think this is fairly SOP for Europe. Nice bottle of red wine was about 15.50 euros. Excellent dessert "coulant chocolate and vanilla ice cream (basically, lava cake in the US). 75 Euro for the meal, including water con gaz and tip. 10 euro taxi fare to Ayre Caspe where we were staying.

Visited October 2012
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great seafood”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 16, 2012 via mobile

Nice location. Situated along the port area. Seafood is superb. One of the best seafoods I had. Excellent service, the waiter is attentive and will check every once in a while if everything is alright. We went there around 6pm on a Friday night and it was not crowded at all.