Lugaris Rambla
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Restaurant
  • Beachfront
Hotel SB Icaria Barcelona(Barcelona)
  • Pool
  • Breakfast included
  • Beachfront
All reviewslovely apartmentwelcome packrambla poble nouactual apartmentthese apartmentswashing machinehome from homehot showerbars and restaurantsfull kitchenpublic transportationdefinitely stay here againpleasant staya lot of noiseminute walkcomfortable bedsstayed for nights
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 17, 2011

I booked our apartment via Lugaris's website, and my reservation indicated that I'd be staying in Apartment Salea (you can view the different floor plans on Lugaris's website). But the apartment I was given didn't look like Salea at all. It wasn't a drastic difference, just not identical. And that bummed me out only because looking at the images online of Salea, I thought our view would be of modern condo-esque buildings. Sadly, our view overlooked a dirt parking lot and some run-down apartment buildings. So we kept the window shades down the entire time. But Poblenou is a great neighborhood. My S.O. and I definitely got a sense that it's going through — hate to use this word — gentrification. The beach is nearby. There's a bus (41) that picks up right in front and takes you directly to Plaça Catalunya/Las Ramblas (about a 25 minute ride, give or take). The Poblenou metro station (L4 line) is about 5 blocks away, definitely walkable. And catching a cab was never a problem for us.

As far as what I didn't like about the apartment, it was really very little. The apartment doors use an electronic key that takes some getting used to. The walls are kind of thin, so conversations had in the main hallway at any volume level can be heard easily from inside the apartment. The door slamming was also an annoyance. I assumed the way the doors are, that that couldn't be helped much.

I did like that we had a washer/dryer and a full-size refrigerator. And you really can't beat the feeling of coming back to an apartment at the end of a long day of sightseeing that feels like "your place" versus the transient feeling of a hotel room. As all the other reviewers have said, the staff is very friendly, taking the time to explain what's in the vicinity, what sites to visit, and how to get there. The staff isn't around 24/7 like a hotel front desk, so that might be a problem for some, but you are given a contact number to use anytime you need to reach someone. Overall, I have no problem staying here again, though I probably won't. And that's only because I discovered other parts of Barcelona that I think I prefer to be closer to.

Room Tip: Pay the extra amount for a room with an ocean view. It's worth it in the end.
  • Stayed: October 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Im_Goodman
Reviewed September 23, 2011

We stayed 4 nights and could not have asked for a better location or apartment. We were 2 minutes walk from a great beach, the bus into the city was at our door step and this was a 15 minute ride tho we walked it along the beach and took about 1 hour. Lovely walk. The apartment appears brand new, exceptionally clean with all mod cons. It is in the middle of a local restaurant area. Food has been wonderful and quite cheap compared to Australian prices.
Tha staff could not be more helpful with advice and service.
The best part of the stay is that it is out of the mad congestion of the city centre and the stroll at night along the Rambla Poble is sooooo peaceful.

• Stayed: September 2011, traveled as a couple
4  Thank John C
Reviewed August 24, 2011

Spent a week in great surroundings. Reached the beach behind Poblenou Park in 10 minutes and Placa Catalyunia in 25 minutes by bus, Pia and Alba spoke good English and were very informative and took time to make sure everything was ok. We can recommend breakfast at La Tortulia at Rambla Poblenou - waiters speak English and their Croissants are very delicious :-) and prices are fair! The area (San Marti) is very tidy and traffic noise is modrate compared to the rest of Barcelona. When we revisit Barcelona we will definitely book with Lugaris in Poblenou again.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
3  Thank GrandDane
Reviewed July 26, 2011

My wife and I spent a few days here with our 2 adult sons. The 2 bedrooms and 2 bathrooms were very convenient. The apartment is located on Rambla Poble Nou. It is a quieter version of La Rambla with lots of restaurants, but not as crazy. Still the master bedroom was a little noisy at night. Good thing we adapted to the siesta / eat late culture. We ate at a restaurant on the Beach one night and on the Rambla de Poble Nou the other nights. It is a few blocks from the beach! We used the metro to access all of Barcleona -- Montjuic, Sagrada Familia, Palau de la Musica, Casa Batllo.

Marti was very welcoming during our check-in. Pia graciously helped us when we locked ourselves out of the safe. We casually mentioned that we were going to Sagrada Familia that day, and she brought us to the office to buy tickets online. It saved us at least an hour wait in line! She also arranged an airport taxi for our departure which was right on time. If we are ever lucky enough to return to Barcleona we will definitely stay here again!

• Stayed: July 2011, traveled with family
2  Thank Bilbobuck
Reviewed March 12, 2011

We highly recommend Lugaris for travellers with young children who want quality accommodation. We had a 2 bedroom 2 bathroom apartment. The furnishings were of high quality - very comfortable beds, sofas and even had storage units which were convenient for putting away toys! The kitchen was stocked with Ikea products (plates, cups, glasses, wine glasses, pots, pans, utensils) but I agree with the other reviewer - a big pot for boiling pasta should be a standard in every apartment (especially for families). The apartment was within walking distance of the Poblenou metro station which we took often (tip, get a 10 trip pass. Also, there was a train every 4.5 minutes - really excellent public transport, clean and full of regular people and no obvious security threats). Also within walking distance of a childrens playground (the strip between the hotel and the beach) plus there are several childrens playgrounds all through Barcelona. Between the apartment and the Metro station is a supermarket (medium size, not mega supermarkets like in the USA but not mini like the AlbertHeins in Holland). This was handy as we could pick up dinner on the way home from exploring Barcelona during the day. Although we went in February, the weather was still pleasant (16C) and we can only imagine how busy Barcelona would be in summer. This apartment would be a super place to stay in summer, so close to the beach and not crossing major roads (there is a bridge over it) so quite handy for walking from the apartment to the beach with little kids.
The only "challenge" we had was on arrival and check in. We arrived after hours and told our taxi driver to go to the address (office). There we met someone from Lugaris, who then directed the taxi driver to the apartment "check in" which again, was in a different building to the actual apartment (same complex, just different building). My tip to Lugaris would be to make the arrival / check in procedure very explicit for after hours arrivals, including a step by step guide of what to do, where to go and who to call and what to expect, especially for people like us, travelling with small children, not having been to Barcelona before let alone having stayed at this apartment before. However, this would be a very simple thing to fix and it shouldn't deter similar travellers on taking up this really fantastic apartment.

• Stayed: February 2011, traveled with family