“An interesting introduction to the Gothic Quarters”

Runner Bean Tours Barcelona
Ranked #4 of 630 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a Spanish-Irish couple who started this project in 2010, offering FREE TOURS in Barcelona as well as other WALKING TOURS, inspired by our passion and love for everything with Barcelona’s name on it. As we became more popular over the years, we expanded our team to other like-minded locals. We are all professional guides ready to welcome you, share our knowledge and help you discover Barcelona in a fun and friendly manner. You will only find Runner Bean Tours in Barcelona. Recommended by Rick Steves, Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, Frommers… Hope to see you here soon! The Runner Bean Team.
Reviewed August 28, 2016

We signed up for the Runner Bean walking tour of the Old city as they had good reviews and we were not disappointed. They were very well organized from the start of the tour, ensuring that people went to their respective tours at the meeting point in Placa Reial. For a free walking tour, they kept the group size to a comfortable number. Our guide Gorka was knowlegeble,informative and entertaining as he walked us through the history and culture of the old city and Jewish quarters,keeping our attention throughout the 3 hour tour. He ended the tour with great recommendations of places to eat. Definitely happy to pay for this tour and would highly recommend it.

Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded August 30, 2016

I am really happy to read that you enjoyed my tour so much. It was my pleasure. Thanks a million for recommending us :-)

Gorka

Write a ReviewReviews (5,226)
All reviews
"gaudi's life"
in 55 reviews
"sagrada familia"
in 270 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 88 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 57 reviews
"gaudi buildings"
in 80 reviews
"interesting information"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed August 27, 2016 via mobile

Had a fabulous tour of the old city with Ruth, who was an extremely knowledgeable and delightful tour guide. We learned so much about the history of Barcelona whilst having fun and seeing lots of hidden places we wouldn't have found on our own. Would recommend to anyone visiting Barcelona, as an absolute must!

Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2016

Hi Jenny,

I am glad you had such a fabulous time with Ruth discovering the old town. She is a knowledgeable and delightful guide, I couldn't agree more with you.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay and we'll see you again soon :-)

Reviewed August 26, 2016 via mobile

Jessi was our tour guide around the Gothic Quarter of Barcelona. From the moment we walked up to the meeting point she was super friendly and smiley, as were the other tour guides. They split us into smaller groups as there were many signed up on the tour, which meant that we all got a great experience.
Jessi was lovely to listen to, full of information, passionate about Barcelona and its history, and even threw in a few jokes to the tour!
It was a great tour, visited many places we wouldn't have stumbled upon by ourselves and we have learnt a great deal about Barcelona.
I'd thoroughly recommend this company for their tours!!! 10/10!

Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded August 27, 2016

Hi Charlotte,

Wow! Thank you so much for this review. We couldn't agree more with you: Jessi is a fantastic guide and a pleasure to be with. We are delighted that you had suc a nice time with her. Next time you visit we would love to take you around again on another walking tour.

See you then :-)

Reviewed August 25, 2016

My mom and I did the Gaudi tour and it was organized and fun. This was the best way for us to get to know Gaudi in a short time period. I will definitely continue booking tours with Runner Bean!

Hi Isa,

Thanks a million. I am glad you enjoyed the Gaudí Free Tour. It will be a pleasure if you book again with us on your next visit.

All the best,

See more reviews
Reviewed August 25, 2016 via mobile

This tour was brilliant. Meeting point was easy to reach and we found the tour guides very quickly in the square. Miguel was our guide and he was very engaging from the start for both myself and my son who is 9 years old. He was very knowledgable and enthusiastic and I found myself drawn into the world of gaudi. Our walk took us to some real gems and the explanations and history around the buildings were told so that both old and young alike could associate with gaudi. Don't worry I won't give the details away .
What a great way to spend 2.5 hours in Barcelona. I would HIGHLY recommend this tour, and I will be booking again with
Runner Bean tours.

Miguel will love to read your great review. I am glad that you and your 9 year old enjoyed his Gaudí Tour so much. Thanks a million for taking the time to write it.

Hope you enjoyed the rest of your time in our city,