“Highly recommend! Brilliant tour!”

Runner Bean Tours Barcelona
Ranked #4 of 630 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a Spanish-Irish couple who started this project in 2010, offering FREE TOURS in Barcelona as well as other WALKING TOURS, inspired by our passion and love for everything with Barcelona’s name on it. As we became more popular over the years, we expanded our team to other like-minded locals. We are all professional guides ready to welcome you, share our knowledge and help you discover Barcelona in a fun and friendly manner. You will only find Runner Bean Tours in Barcelona. Recommended by Rick Steves, Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, Frommers… Hope to see you here soon! The Runner Bean Team.
Reviewed July 12, 2015

This was the first time I had been on a free walking tour and I didn't know what to expect, but it was absolutely brilliant! Very easy to find them in the meeting place off Las Ramblas and very well organised with splitting groups into smaller numbers which make it easier and quicker when on the actual tour. We opted for the Old Town tour which lasted about 2 hours and a half hours, as they say. The time flies and every stop is worth the time! Ruth our guide was very informative and made the tour really interesting and enjoyable. It was all at a very easy pace, which meant we didn't feel rushed and had time to take in the sites and ask questions. I cannot recommend this tour more highly, as a way to get some background information on the culture and city of Barcelona, and a way to see the sites and get your bearings. The payment is dependant on how much you feel your tour has been worth and for my group it was worth every penny.

1  Thank AbbeyRosey
Sputrip, Front Office Manager at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2015

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to write such a detailed review, we really appreciate it. It's lovely to see that you enjoyed it so much and we hope you can join us again some point in the future.

All the best :-)

Ellie

Write a ReviewReviews (5,226)
All reviews
"gaudi's life"
in 55 reviews
"sagrada familia"
in 270 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 88 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 57 reviews
"gaudi buildings"
in 80 reviews
"interesting information"
in 51 reviews

Reviewed July 12, 2015

These free tours are a very good way to orient yourself to the city. We were a group of 2 and took the Dark Past tour. It was awesome. Had a free tour of the Gothic quarter of the city. Our tour guide explained the many different ways of torture that took place during the Spanish inquisition and some stories of Barca. Tour guide was extremely friendly!

1  Thank CharleneBugz
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 13, 2015

Hi Charlene,

I am glad you had such a good time on the Dark Past Night Walking Tour and on the Old City Free Walking Tour. Thank you for sharing your experience with the Trip Advisor community.

I hope we will see you again soon in Barcelona :-)

Reviewed July 11, 2015

My wife and my children accompanied me on this very informative walking tour which started in Placa Reial. Our tour guide Jarrod was fantastic. It was an English speaking tour and Jarrod had great stories and lots of information. I would highly recommend this for all.

Thank you so much for joining us with all the family and for the review. I just resent it to Jarrod and I am sure he will love it.

All the best,

Reviewed July 10, 2015

Went on the Old City Tour with Lowri today and had a great time. Even kept five teens interested and engaged. Thouroughly enjoyed our afternoon with her. Recommend to everyone...great way to get introduction to the city.

Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 12, 2015

Thanks a million for your review of Lowri's tour of the Old Town. It really is a fascinating area of the city with more than 2,000 years of history and I am glad that Lowri managed to keep all the family members engaged.

See you next time around,

See more reviews
Reviewed July 10, 2015 via mobile

I went on this walking tour with a few friends (all in our mid to late 20's). Our tour guide Marc was knowledgable and passionate. He explained the background of Gaudi and his works well. Would recommend doing this before going to Park Guell, Place Guell or the Gaudi building's.

Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded July 15, 2015

Thank you for the review of the Gaudí Tour. Marc is the newest member of the Runner Bean team so I am sure he will love reading this.

The review, however, was posted to the wrong listing (this is the City of Contrast, Pre-Spanish Civil War Tour). If Trip Advisor could move it to the right location ("Runner Bean Walking Tours") it would help others finding the information.

Thanks again and I hope we will see you again soon in Barcelona ,