“Perfect Introduction to Barcelona”

Runner Bean Tours Barcelona
Ranked #3 of 656 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a Spanish-Irish couple who started this project in 2010, offering FREE TOURS in Barcelona as well as other WALKING TOURS, inspired by our passion and love for everything with Barcelona’s name on it. As we became more popular over the years, we expanded our team to other like-minded locals. We are all professional guides ready to welcome you, share our knowledge and help you discover Barcelona in a fun and friendly manner. You will only find Runner Bean Tours in Barcelona. Recommended by Rick Steves, Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, Frommers… Hope to see you here soon! The Runner Bean Team.
Reviewed September 9, 2013

We did the 11:00 Free walking tour of the Gothic Quarter. It was amazingly informative and no amount of research of mine could have compared to the constant flow of interesting narration by Gorka. It is a must do! You will feel happy to tip well! :)

Here's my most important tip: Do this EARLY in your trip to Barcelona. I had scheduled this for our last day and we were so disappointed that we would not be able to go back and revisit some of the places. There is plenty of time for photos and a scheduled rest room break. I will do this again, and take a map and highlight the streets we want to see again.

Next time, we will also be sure to do the Civil War walk which Runner Bean recommends.

Thank you for making our last day really enjoyable and making my travel-disliking husband interested enough to want to return! :)

Another tip: friend Runner Bean on Facebook because it will keep you excited about your trip.

1  Thank Debster41
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded September 10, 2013

This is Gorka here. Thanks a million for this wonderful review. I am glad that you had such a positive opinion of my tour. You are right when you recommend doing the tours early on your trip. I think it gives a very good idea of Barcelona's history and can also help planning the rest of your trip as we are always open to recommendations :-).

Good tip on the Spanish Civil War Tour too. Although this tour is not run by us, Nick is a good friend of ours and we never hesitate to recommend his amazing tour. Maybe next time you visit us you can join him.

All the best,

Gorka

PS: I am also very glad that we helped you planning your trip through our Facebook fan page :-)

Write a ReviewReviews (5,443)
All reviews
"gaudi's life"
in 53 reviews
"sagrada familia"
in 262 reviews
"highly recommend this tour"
in 84 reviews
"an excellent guide"
in 55 reviews
"gaudi buildings"
in 81 reviews
"interesting information"
in 50 reviews

Reviewed September 8, 2013

We throughly enjoyed our walking tour through old Barcelona. We learnt so much and our guide (whose name escapes me but she was Irish) was very informative and entertaining. Definitely recommend Runner Bean!

Your guide must have been Ann-Marie or Catherine, the two Irish girls on the team. I am glad that you had such a good time on the tour and I hope you will visit us again soon. Thanks a million for the review.

All the best :-)

Reviewed September 6, 2013

Excellent tour with Gorka. many interesting things which we wouldn't have seen. the tour takes approx 2 1/2 hours so make sure you have good comfortable walking shoes on. Would highly recommend anyone to try these walking tours as the guides are a mine of information and helped to make our trip to Barcelona so much more enjoyable.

only disappointment was that we would have liked to go on the Haunted Barcelona walk which started at 9pm but unfortunately we were leaving the next morning so couldn't go.

1  Thank Paulene T
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2013

Hi Paulene,

How are you guys? :-). Thanks a lot for the review. It was good to have you in Barcelona. I hope you enjoyed the city and you can visit us again soon for the Haunted Past Night Tour (you are not that far after all).

All the best,

Reviewed September 5, 2013 via mobile

We went on this free tour and jessica was very good. 4 Gaudi sites which were some of the key building and architecture to see. The tour was very useful and at the end you oay what you feel is right. Note. The Gaudi tour requires 2 metro passes per person as some sites are further apart. But this is straight forward. Must do.

Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2013

Thanks for your review. It is great to hear that you consider our Gaudí tour a must in Barcelona. I just sent this to Jessi. She is a great guide.

I hope you enjoyed the rest of your stay :-)

Ann-Marie

See more reviews
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I joined the Old City Tour on the 28th August. Guided by Laura, who was very knowledgeable, entertaining and passionate about Barcelona (a local gal).
It was my first visit to Barcelona and first ever walking tour. It was arranged for me by relatives, so I went without knowing what to expect.
I have a horrible feeling that this was the best tour I will ever go on and everything will be downhill from here.

1  Thank Zahid2013

Thanks a million for the review! I am so glad that Laura made your first walking tour so memorable and helped you discover her Barcelona. I hope the rest you take on your travels from now on are as good as this one.

Thanks again :-)