“A great walk in the Gothic Quarter”

Runner Bean Tours Barcelona
Ranked #2 of 535 Tours in Barcelona
More attraction details
Fee: Yes
Recommended length of visit: 2-3 hours
Owner description: We are a Spanish-Irish couple who started this project in 2010, offering FREE TOURS as well as other WALKING TOURS, inspired by our passion and love for everything with Barcelona’s name on it. As we became more popular over the years, we expanded our team to other like-minded locals. We are all professional guides ready to welcome you, share our knowledge and help you discover Barcelona in a fun and friendly manner. You will only find Runner Bean Tours in Barcelona. Recommended by Rick Steves, Lonely Planet, Rough Guides, Frommers… Hope to see you here soon! The Runner Bean Team.
Tel-Aviv
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 9 helpful votes
“A great walk in the Gothic Quarter”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We also joined the Bari Gothic tour with Gorka, so I'll try not to repeat the previous review. It was really great. Rather than walking on your own, it's a great idea joining these waling tours. I already did it in Paris and Madrid, and it did not fail me this time as well. The guides leads you in a well planned order and points to spots you would probably miss when doing it on your own.
Gorka main advantage is his ability to combine the informatory part with the folk parts, adding nice measures of humor pauses, so it definitely doesn't get boring.
We also liked the emphasis on Jewish history in the old quarter, certainly appealing to us coming from Israel.
Highly recommended.

Visited March 2013
Sputrip, Owner at Runner Bean Tours Barcelona, responded to this review, March 22, 2013
That is a great review. Thank you so much. I find the old Jewish neighbourhood a fascinating subject so it is always a pleasure to pass through it when we have people from Israel (as well as having good translators, that is ;-).

Runner Bean Tours is only in Barcelona but we agree with you that the concept is great so I am glad you enjoyed your tours in Paris and Madrid with other companies.

You are always welcome back to Barcelona :-)

• Chinese (Traditional) first
27 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 70 helpful votes
“Terrific Tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

I cannot say enough good things about Gorka and Laura, who led our City Tour, and Catherine, who led our Gaudi Architecture Tour, and the Group Tour experience they provided our ski club while we were in Barcelona on 11 and 12 March, 2013. All three of them were professional, enthusiastic, entertaining and eager to share their wealth of knowledge about beautiful Barcelona, its incredible history and its important people and places. Our time with them flew by each day, and by the time we had to part at the end of our tours, we felt like we were old friends. In addition, they happily gave us extra information on restaurants, directions about town and other things to do and see during our all too brief time in Barcelona.
Without hesitation I recommend Runner Bean Walking Tours to anyone planning a trip to Barcelona. You will learn so much, and you will have such a good time, too!

Hi Bianca,

Is that a Chupa Chups lollipop you are holding in the profile photograph? I wonder where you got it from ;-). Thank you so much for writing this. You were such a fun group and I had a great time showing you around (Catherine and Laura shared my enthusiasm by the way). Not as many broken legs as I expected after your emails but still a fantastic morning ;-)

I really hope we will see you again on one of your ski trips,

Gorka

PS: Say hello to Charles "The Bald" from me. He surrendered very well :-)))
London, United Kingdom
28 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 56 helpful votes
“2 excellent tours!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 19, 2013

We took the Old City Tour first with Gorka and he was a fantastic guide and told us the history and legends of each place around the Barrio Gotico and beyond. He gave us the time to take picture and his way of guiding was also interactive and funny. At the end of the tour he gave us tips and suggestions for what to see/go next.

The next day we took the Gaudi Tour with Jessi and it was again very interesting and well organized,she was friendly and gave us an insight of Gaudi's life and works.
The tour ends at the Sagrada Familia so I suggest to pre- book the tickets for the church right after the tour at around 2-3 pm.

The tours are a good base to start your visit in Barcelona and meet informative, knowledgeable guides.

Visited March 2013
Thanks so much. It means a lot to us when we get such positive feedback. Jessi was really glad to read it too.

Good advice about pre-booking your tickets to Sagrada Familia for the 2-3pm time slot. That way you will also have a full Gaudí day ;-)

Hope to see you again soon,

Annapolis, Maryland
12 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 23 helpful votes
“Old City Tour with Gorka”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 18, 2013

We took the Old City tour with Gorka on 16 March. What a fabulous tour! First of all, it was well organized with a manageable group size for walking through narrow streets and for properly hearing the guide. The trip was a great balance of walking, stopping to learn about the sights from Gorka, and then having a few minutes to explore our surroundings or have a quick bathroom break. Gorka is outstanding at guiding tours. He entertained us with stories of the legends and culture of Barcelona, but more importantly for us, he explained the facts of Barcelona's history. He did not intertwine the tour with personal opinion, which is rare these days with tours.
We definitely recommend Runner Bean Walking Tours if looking for a professional and informative tour! We felt this tour was worth a generous tip!!!

Visited March 2013
I remember you guys. Thanks a million for posting this. It is a wonderful review and it makes me quite proud. I also share your idea of "not intertwining the tour with personal opinion". We all have points of view and I think that a good tour should give you the information so you can form your own opinion as there could be many ;-).

Thanks again. We will be waiting for you next time you visit :-)

Catral, Spain
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Gaudi Tour”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 16, 2013

for my 66th birthday it was recommended that we should use Runner Bean Walking Tours,not being a walker meet a very talented guide Anne-Marie who really enjoyed her mission went to great lengths to make the tour a very worthwhile birthday day out. The walk was interupted by shorting the walk by going by the metro and by walking we were told not only about the buildings but also the pavement design inspired by Gaudi. My knowledge of Gaudi and Spain by Anne-Marie deserves the greatest praise and would recommend to anybody.Thanks to Runner Bean Walking Tours
John Deards

Hi John,

Happy birthday again :-). I am so glad you both enjoyed he tour. It was a pleasure to take you both around and thanks for the glass of wine after.

Hope to see you back in Barcelona again,

Ann-Marie