Eddy's Guest House Barcelona
  • Breakfast included
Praktik Garden(Barcelona)
Bailen(Barcelona)
  • Restaurant
All reviewsshared bathroomsingle roomliving roomfree wifirooms are beautifulbasic amenitiesthe heart of the citycity tripla ramblashort walkrooms are smallelevatorguesthousecatalunyaeixampledryerkettle
FilterAll languages
Reviewed November 10, 2011

Although we stayed only one day, we liked it. Staff polite, attentive and unobtrusive. The hotel consists of a living room, where the breakfast (continental with croissants, coffee, bacon, cheese, yogurt), and adjoining rooms.

The hotel is more focused on youth inexpensive holiday. Entourage is beyond praise. Elevator is not worse than in the Casa Batllo.
Very little space for a shower and toilet for blind, but we are more amused than upset.
Stopped, I, my husband and child 5 years.

• Stayed: August 2011, traveled with family
1  Thank Iryna-Kiev
Reviewed October 25, 2011

I stayed at this hostel three nights. It was my best staying in Barcelona. The hostel is originally a one big apartment on the third floor of an old house, two minutes walk from a subway station with 6-7 bedrooms, living room and two baths. The apartment is very simple, but there were all necessary for life: refrigerator with free cold water, tea/coffee making facilities, a computer connected to internet and a good free Wi-Fi. Although several people were using the bathroom, it was always clean and maintained in a perfect condition. My single room was very small, about 2X2 meters. Breakfast was very simple: coffee, toasts, jam, butter, fruits. But you can buy in a supermarket whatever you want and store it in the refrigerator. Receptionists were very polite and hardly visible.
I was lucky that in Barcelona was cool, because rooms do not have air conditioning. At the night you can open the window and breathe a fresh air, but during the day the room was very hot.
Very thin walls, residents woke up at 8 am and you can hear everything that happens in the apartment since you can't sleep any more. Through the opened window I got a sickening smell of cooking breakfast and taking a bath noise of residents.

But despite the minor shortcomings I really enjoyed its a great atmosphere. It was very basic but a good value for money.

• Stayed: October 2011, traveled solo
Reviewed June 21, 2011

My laptop and backup pen drive, where I had saved all my PhD research documents, one pair of reading glasses and some other electronic equipment got stolen at Eddy’s Guest House Barcelona, located in Girona street n.46, 3rd floor.
The luggage had been stored in the morning of our return flight in a pantry room/towels and linens storage area. Between 9:30 am and 4 pm, someone went in, opened only one of our suit cases, precisely the one that contained the laptop and the other equipment, and left.
After arriving in Lisbon I’ve reported the robbery to the Police of Cataluña and I’m in contact with the Portuguese Consulate in Barcelona to take all other necessary steps to ensure that the report of the theft is forwarded to the proper entities.

• Stayed: June 2011, traveled on business
13  Thank JoseVargas
Reviewed April 22, 2011

Read very mixed reviews before staying at Eddy's, but can report that it's mostly very good. Not sure what some people expect for this price range in the centre of a big city, but we thought it very good value. Staff are very friendly & helpful (catered for my gluten-free diet requirements). Breakfast was perfectly sufficient (toast, pastries, fresh fruit, yoghurts, juices, coffee & tea) and you could have as much as you wanted. Free bottled water in fridges. Lovely old building with original features along with new (individual) decor. On last day, after checking out, we could leave our bags there until we were ready to go to the airport (which wasn't until 7pm).
We had an en-suite room, but the en-suite was just a curtained-off corner, which was unusual but functional. Main problem was the noise. Due to the central location you get a lot of traffic noise and due to thin walls you can hear the other guests.
Other than that it was a great location (10 mins walk to Las Ramblas & Aerobus stop) and great value.

Room Tip: Don't forget earplugs for a good nights sleep!
  • Stayed: April 2011, traveled as a couple
2  Thank JKX
Reviewed February 20, 2011

This was in a good location and had some charm but:
The guy on duty was creepy and ineffiecient at check in
The breakfast was awaste of time and disgusting
The room was not serviced during the stay
I did not feel the place was clean
I also did not eel welcome

• Stayed: March 2010, traveled solo