All reviewscity triprooms are smallwalking distancegreat locationminute walkbudget hotelliving roomcoffee machinemain attractionspasseig de graciastayed here for nightscentral locationmetro stationairportnoiseplaerobus
Reviewed October 5, 2017

Stayed from 10-13 September 2017 and was very happy with the location. It was quiet, easy to walk to everywhere from the hostal and the receptionist was friendly and helpful.
We had a queen and single bed in our room which suited us (my sister and i) fine. The room was small and plain as was the bathroom - but all you need really. You don't go to barcelona to spend time in your room!

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 11, 2017

Pros:
The beds were foam and soft enough that I slept well.
Private bath
Relatively new updates
Quiet, really - I only heard a couple other guests coming and going but no street noise. This might be dependent on the room, but it was nice. But note that if other guests are coming and going you will hear them easily through the door.
Nice air-conditioning

Cons:
Little bit of a walk to most anything I wanted to see or do
The room was small and the shower must have been the smallest possible for them to buy. The room was so small when my wife was doing things I have to sit and vice versa. I'm 5'11" 180 lbs, it was difficult form me to shower because it was so small.
The staff is only there during business hours so if you have a problem you're out of luck, but other wise they are very nice.

Over all I thought this place was a real value and I would not hesitate to stay there again.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed August 30, 2017

The location is great, near to the Plaza Cataluña, where you have the shuttle to the airport. I think that it´s located in one of the best neighborhoods of Barcelona near to the Passeig de Gracia and the Rambla where you have some shoppings, restaurants, transports and everything you need. The rooms are small but very comfortable and really quiet, no noise from the street. The beds are really comfortable and the bathroom is big enough. It has a fridge in the reception where you can put the things that you bought. It has lockers where you can leave your luggage with no additional cost, a dressing room and a toilette that you can use after the check out.
It has a living room where you can have a coffee for 1 euro and you can use it after the check out if you need to prepare before leaving.
The staff is really friendly and always willing to help.
I would definitely book the same hotel if I visit Barcelona again :)

Negative points: The room smelt everytime that we came back from outside, but after a few minutes the smell was gone… not a big deal, but truth needs to be said. The hair dryer didn´t work, same thing with the computer that they have in the living room. They have no breakfast service, but it doesn´t represent an issue since you have a lot of restaurants and places where you can have a really good breakfast.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 28, 2017

Booked my son and his friends in here for a week ( I was down the road) lovely receptionist and a beautiful building
Rooms were neat clean and tidy. Private bathroom
would highly recommend this hostal ( more like a hotel)!!

• Stayed: July 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed July 25, 2017 via mobile

Great location, rooms were nice and modern with adequate space. The bathroom was small although just what you need. The staff were very helpful and welcoming.

It took us a while to find the Hostal as the sign is located inside of the door frame. I recognised the building from all the images on Trip advisor. The hostal is a short walk to restaurants in the main square and a 20 minute walk to Gothic Quarter. Deifinately take up a bike tour to see all the sites.

We stayed in room number 1 which did have some noise on the second night mainly due to the people in the next room on the balcony. The glass doors and wooden bi-fold doors do block out most of the traffic noise from this particular room.

I would reccommend booking Barcelona Centro Hostal.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled with family