“Brisket in Barcelona , proffessional smoke house”
Review of Fat Barbies

Fat Barbies
Order Online
Ranked #1,713 of 12,116 Restaurants in Barcelona
Description: The Best BBQ ribs you will ever have. Ecological and organic food in a casual and modern smokehouse.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Fat Barbies @fat.barbies located in Eixample, near Tetuan
First of all what got my attention was their cool decoration just like their cool name :) The theme, colors and the material that been used in the interior design, really suits a the concept of the restaurant
I tried their Brisket, St.Louis Ribs, Teriyaki Rib with Kimchi, Hispi Cabbage, Carrets and Mole with Seeds.
My most favorite was the "Teriyaki Ribs with Kimchi" (2nd pic) and I lived in East Asia for ages, so I know how a good Kimchi should taste like and I can say this one was one of the best #Kimchi I ever had in my life and the mix with that Teriyaki Ribs, make it an amzing dish. I was no surprised though when I heard the head chef here used to work in Japan.
The St. Louis Ribs was excellent (1st pic) juicy and tasty, covered with a delicious handmade sauce, all the pickles are hand made here and the side coleslow was so amazing.
If you are a fan of Brisket (3rd pic) and you found it hard to get it Barcelona then Fat Barbies could be your next choice from people who knows how to smoke probably.
Even though its a smoke house, but in fact there are few vegetarian and vegan options like Tempeh sandwhich, Carrots & Mole (4th pic) the Hispi cabbage with spicy Tomatina (5th pic) that we had, and some more items in the menu.
The carrots and Mole was really nice, on a puree which had chocolote inside (sounds interesting, no?) I definitely reccommend this place, i will be back to try their sandwhiches, they looked great
️ Very friendly staff and very helpful by explaining the menu and what each dish made of
Check the last slides for the menu

Date of visit: September 2019
FatBarbiesBcn, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Fat Barbies, responded to this reviewResponded 2 weeks ago

Wow wow that review is so complete, to the point that I practically do not have much to add, well yes: our desserts are crazy!!! Come back soon, we will enable you a tent on the internal terrace so you can live here forever, thanks for so much love. You rock!!

Write a reviewReviews (66)

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Having tried Spanish (several times) and Turkish during our stay in Barcelona four of us were looking for something different when we stumbled upon this place. And what a find it was! Shared starters and then mains were all great with an abundance of superbly smoked and deliciously tasty meat and beautiful vege sides. Even the homemade kombucha was a great option for the Non Alcoholic in our group. The alcoholics, while amused by the menu listing "someone else's wine", went for and enjoyed the house wine. Wonderful service from a friendly English speaking waitress was the icing on the cake.No room for desserts but had we been in Barcelona for another night we'd have gone back!

Date of visit: September 2019

These words are so cool that I just won't say anything about it, I'm going to listen to some music from the 70s while I reread the comment a second time. Come back soon for more smoky flavors. Thank you!

Reviewed August 19, 2019 via mobile

This not a place for vegetarians.
Fat Barbies opened in May and I expect is a flaming success.
Amazingly friendly, helpful, knowledgeable multi lingual waitresses.

You can sit on two levels inside or outside or on the pavement benches.
Most food is flamed grilled and or oven baked.
The beef brisket is very tender and full of flavour as are the ribs and both are mouth watering and fabulously delicious
(Pork and beef available)
Grilled cabbage was a favourite of my friends but the carrot and peanut side dish was definitely not to be missed.
Desserts such as the baked cheesecake was delicious and the chocolate dessert (Smote) with marshmallow toasted in front of you was great table theatre and tasted amazing.
I was only in Barcelona for 3 nights but ate here on 2 of them it was that good.

We wish we could take the waitresses home with us

Date of visit: August 2019
FatBarbiesBcn, Director de Relaciones Públicas at Fat Barbies, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2019

Hey! Your words are like music to my ears, thank you very much!!!

You are right, our room staff speaks about 4 languages ​​so that everyone is served in the best way! I'm glad everything you tried was great, made me laugh that you liked it so much that you had to dine again in our new restaurant the next day, you really rock!

Please come back anytime for more smoky flavors!

Reviewed August 12, 2019 via mobile

I was trying to find a good spot to eat during siesta and stumbled across this place. Gotta admit, the food was way better than I expected! We had the pulled beef BBQ sandwich which was heavenly. Highly recommend it!

Date of visit: August 2019
FatBarbiesBcn, Public Relations Manager at Fat Barbies, responded to this reviewResponded August 13, 2019

Valentino thanks for your smoky words!
Food is the most important in a restaurant so we take it seriously, we try do to everything homemade in our cabin. The Pulled Pork Sandwich is a little piece of heaven in earth!
You are a Fat Barbies now!!!

Reviewed August 6, 2019 via mobile

Fat Barbie is a MUST for BBQ-Fans! The Beef brisket is probably the best ever. Even the vegetable is made in a creative BBQ-Way. Great experience with friendly people!!

Date of visit: July 2019
FatBarbiesBcn, Public Relations Manager at Fat Barbies, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2019

Wohooooo!!! I’m so happy reading this, I will share it with the rest of the team. You are so right: our Brisket is epic! And we love vegetables. Please come back soon to try the rest of the menu. Thanks for this review!!!