“Enjoyable visit”

Cuisines: Barbecue, International
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Reservations
Neighborhood: Eixample
Reviewed December 12, 2013

We went in because there was a sandwich board outside announcing it was showing the Barcelona v Celtic Champions League football match. Nice atmosphere, we just drank (lager and sangria) whilst enjoying the football. Other people sitting nearby seemed to be really enjoying the food. Toilets are downstairs and because there was no-one down there is was quite dimly lit so I missed the last step (not drunk honestly). We would certainly go there again.

Reviewed November 8, 2013 via mobile

We visited Happy Bar & Grill on our first night in Barcelona and opted for the tapas menu to share along with a pizza to share also. The tapas were delicious. Lovely selection exceptionally tasty and well presented. The pizza base was thin & crispy and the topping of cheese ham and mushroom very tasty. We sat outside streetwise and it was a lovely atmosphere. Thoroughly enjoyed it.

Reviewed November 3, 2013

It was around 10.30 and we were tired and hungry and couldn't decide where to go so opted for this. Not very Spanish i know, but time was running out. I'm vegetarian so it's not the easiest to find a tapas place with enough for me, but the menu had enough on it.

On going into this place you realise it is a Hard Rock Cafe clone. So obviously aimed at tourists. This being said, none of the staff spoke any English. Iwouldn't normally expect them to, but when you are doing a tourist joint, and the name of the place is in English then it's reasonable to assume the staff would be able to speak it.

On to the food. The menu seemed fairly random. Not overly American themed, nor Spanish themed. We had fries, along with sushi amongst other dishes. The quality of food was fine, no complaints there at all. The mojitos were quite nice. Very nice in fact. Prices seemed reasonable. Service was ok, no complaints.

On the whole we were fed and happy enough. I can't say i would recommend it, but if you are stuck for somewhere then it's not a bad choice.

My review basically says 'meh'. If you want a Hard Rock type place they actually have a Hard Rock so go there instead. If you want proper tapas Barcelona has loads. However if you are hungry and you are walking past this place then go ahead, you'll be ok.

Reviewed October 24, 2013

The service was prompt and pleasant, and we had mojotos to start, followed by tapas and dessert. Went back the following night because we enjoyed it so much.

Reviewed October 7, 2013

I ate there three times the first my food was raw along with the people next to me, we sent our meals back. My second visit they got it right when I asked for well done but the third time was raw pork which I sent back. Good prices and a nice variety on the menu just ask for your cooking style.

P.S most locals eat after 9pm so many restaurants are empty until then.