“You cant go”

Restaurante Hofmann
Reserve with
Restaurante Hofmann is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #639 of 10,097 Restaurants in Barcelona
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Reservations
Reviewed May 14, 2014

We have tried to arrange a dinner for a group of people, 48 to be exact, and first you get a yes, then you hear nothing. Then when you have emailed them a couple of times, they finally answered that the restaurant was occupied.
Absolutely a case study for the school the restaurant runs on how NOT TO DO!!

3  Thank Martin H

Reviewed May 4, 2014

I was able to get a dinner reservation only a week beforehand. Our meal for two cost 130 euros, which included two bottles of water, bread, amuse bouche, pre-starter, starter, main, dessert and petit fours.

My boyfriend said this was the best meal he has ever had, particularly because of the fish he had for main (Cod fillet with spinach and baked muslin Catalan garlic). I am vegetarian and they were able to cater well for me and I had a choice of starters to choose from.

The food was beautifully presented and the portions were just right. I would love to come here again.

2  Thank Dimple1989
Reviewed April 4, 2014

Hofmann has a strong reputation so our expectations were high. The venue is spacious with plenty of room between tables. Seating is comfortable and the tables beautifully set. However, the night we were there, in spite of being quite full there was a marked hush and it was more like a library than a restaurant.
We were not offered a set menu but were directed straight to the 'a la carte' which I regretted as it would been an interesting alternative. The number of dishes on offer was quite small but with good variety. It was not as adventurous as we had hoped. Cooking on all 3 courses was impeccable without a single fault in preparation or presentation. Portion sizes were adequate and, together with the delicious bread, appetites were satisfied. The only complaint was that 2 of 3 amuse bouches were sweet on the palate which was an odd way to start.
We required to drink wine by the glass which limited our choice but these were excellent and good value.
I suppose our complaint is that we wanted the evening to be fun but the rather solemn atmosphere inhibited this somewhat. Also the cooking, though precise, was not as exciting as we wanted. Part of the fun of eating on vacation is to be pleasantly surprised which can be a good conversation topic. This food , though delicious, was rather predictable. At €160 for the evening I expected a little more fun.

2  Thank silvertraveler01
Reviewed March 10, 2014

My wife chose Hofman for my "milestone" birthday celebration diner and what a fabulous choice! We both had the set menu at 55euro each and asked them to match a couple of their house wines with the 4 half portion courses. As with restaurants of this standard little appetisers and wonderful bread was provided. The deserts were amazing pieces of art and even theatre with an imploding chocolate ball. A lovely mini chocolate birthday cake was also brought out which was too much so they happily wrapped it for us to enjoy tomorrow. The team were very attentive and offered to take the requisite pictures to record the event! By the time coffee was offered we were too full to accept it and the petite-fours. We would definitely go back and will be recommending to friends.

3  Thank Anthony L
Reviewed March 3, 2014

Client entertainment night during MWC. Was recommended by someone who lived here. Cool sleek/romantic decor. Due to the busy week we had to commit to a set-menu but were able to adapt this on the night if a guest was not happy with one of the courses. The menu was not explained very well ie if we were getting all courses or had to pick or how big each course was. Would have made it a better dining experience if we were told where the produce came from, what was in each course or the history of the restaurant. We picked the cheapest of the set menus at €75 pp. There were additional courses added which we had not ordered but which i assume we paid for. (did not see the final bill). The jamon and bread was perfection, the samon mousse was not ideal but we didnt get a choice if we wanted it or not so a few went to waste. The salmon hot course was delicious ...and this would have been enough but then we got the main,,,the steak. It was PERFECTION for me, no sides just meat cooked perfectly. I ate every scrap and would have gone back again the second night if i had not pre-booked another place. Trio of desert was lovely, although unnecessary. Generous G&T's for aperitifs, freely poured at on a side-table were a brilliant start to the night. Wine was delicious although i assume came with a price-tag. All in all it was a delectable dining experience and would send anyone visiting Barcelona to go there. I would say it was value for money but imagine it was quite pricey.