“Neat and very friendly.”
Review of Room Mate Emma

Room Mate Emma
Ranked #91 of 519 Hotels in Barcelona
Reviewed November 17, 2012

Dynamic team fulfils all request timely and professionnally.

Rooms are clean and quiet, the view isnot spectacular, but the interior is designed in a fresh and pleasing manner.

Bed mattress is comfortable and internet is for free and fast.

Will come again on next visit.

• Stayed: November 2012
1  Thank Phil4321a
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this reviewResponded November 26, 2012

Dear Sir,

We would like to thank you for your comment about your stay in Room Mate EMMA and we are specially grateful for the words dedicated to our staff work.

The whole team is really happy that you enjoyed your stay with us and we are very pleased if we have helped to make your stay in the city a little bit nicer.

Do not hesitate to contact us again if you ever come back to Barcelona.

Acommodation Manager of Room Mate EMMA

Write a ReviewReviews (1,371)

Reviewed November 11, 2012

We stayed at Room Mate Emma after a very good experience at Room Mate Mario in Madrid on our last trip to Spain (2010). Super friendly staff, excellent breakfast, and super location/neighborhood. Convenient to subway and Plaza Catalunya. Lots of excellent restaurants within a short walk. We stayed four nights, went to Ibiza, Mallorca and Sevilla then came back for two nights. STRONGLY recommend a room that DOES NOT face the street where there was a lot of noise well into the early hours of the morning.

Stayed: September 2012, traveled with friends
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this reviewResponded November 25, 2012

Dear Customer,

On behalf of all Emma team we would like to convey our sincere thanks for taking your time to share with other tripadvisor users your experience in our hotel during your visit to Barcelona.

We are glad that your second experience in a Room Mate Hotel was pleasant and we wish we helped you to enjoy your stay in the city.

Do not hesitate to contact us again if you wish to come back to Barcelona.

Reviewed November 7, 2012

We stayed at Roommate Emma for two nights for my sister's 30th. I emailed in advance to check a few details and got a quick and helpful reply - and we got a nice email a few days before we arrived to say they were looking forward to seeing us which was reassuring and welcoming.
The hotel is a fair walk from Playa Catalunya (with bags at least) but is right by Diagonal tram stop. It's also near Passieg de Gracia which has loads of restaurants, bars and shops - as well as Casa Batllo Gaudi House. We arrived early but luckily our room was ready and the helpful staff let us check in early. We had a superior room with a window onto the street outside - the room was bright and colourful without being over the top. Comfy bed and powerful shower. I would recommend ear plugs though as Friday and Saturday nights in Barcelona can get a bit rowdy!
We didn't have breakfast but the free wifi worked perfectly which was really handy. There was no coffee or kettle in the room but there was a mini bar. It would also be nice to have a bar or cafe in the hotel itself.
Overall I'd recommend Roommate Emma - it was good value for a stylish room and helpful staff.

Stayed: November 2012, traveled with family
2  Thank KittyPearl

Dear Madame,

The entire Emma team would like to thank you for the comment you made about your stay in Room Mate EMMA.

As you well explain one of our strengths is the location, the design ant the service so all the team is very happy that you and your sister enjoyed your visit to Barcelona and we wish you had a memorable experience celebrating such a special event with us.

Please feel free to let us know if you want to return to Barcelona.

Reviewed November 5, 2012

It isn't often that you leave a hotel giving a hug to the staff. But, that was the case with Room Mate Emma. Everyone on staff was so helpful and friendly-- the front desk, housekeeping, the breakfast servers, etc-- it seems that they all wanted to do what they could to insure that every guest had a great stay.

Room Tip: Interior rooms away from the street were very quiet
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled with family

Dear Anne Marie,

We are deply grateful for the nice words you have dedicated to all of our staff and it is been a really big pleasure for all the Emma team reading your beautiful comment.

The most important thing for us and what we work for is to try to ensure that all our guests enjoy their stay and make them feel comfortable with us like they are visiting their friend in the city. So we are very happy knowing that we made you feel like home.

We hope we could welcome you back in EMMA whenever you decide to return to Barcelona.

Best Regards,

Reviewed October 31, 2012

If you ever come to this hotel, you'll sure be treated with a warm welcome and they will give you all the help you need. I stayed there for three nights, and then I was out a week and then I came back for one more night. Barcelona was a stop during my honeymoon and I must say that the Emma hotel make our stay in BCN even more magical.
They offered us a special treat by upgrading our room at practically nothing. To be honest, I booked at a very reasonable fare in the first place (early booking) so I didn't hesitate to take that offer).

The room was big, comfortable bed, two sinks, bath tub and shower, the TV a little small for my test but the programming was good. A lot of space too to place your shopping, bags, suitcases, large closet, couch, chair and desk...the mini bar looked good but we didn't used it.

The hotel it's REALLY close to two subway stations, and to some touristic places like The Gaudi house's, and there are many small delis and cafes with great food and coffee.

When we came back for our second stop there, they remembered we stayed the the previous week, and the staff left a letter in our room welcoming us back and sending compliments on our honeymoon. They also left us a little something up in our room . I can't say that they will do this for all honeymooners, but they sure make our last day in Barcelona a very special one.

We were familiar to the Room Mate hotels because me and I my wife have stayed in the Grace Hotel in NYC (actually we stayed there for a couple of nights before getting to BCN, another great experience).

So, to sum up, GREAT staff (specially Martina, she is SUPER nice, warm and always willing to help with a great smile on her face)

Room Tip: Asked to be put in a high floor to get a nice view.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Guest,

The whole Emma staff would like to thank your for the nice words you have dedicated to our team, specially to Martina who is been really happy to know that you value her work positively and who has demand us to convey her sincere gratitude to you.

Our main purpose is to provide a quality service and every member of our staff works hard and strives directions to this goal. Knowing that we succeeded and we have helped, not only to make you enjoy your stay in Barcelona, but also to celebrate such a special occasion as a honyemoon has to be, make us feel more than satisfied and that motivates us to continue working to offer magical and unforgettable stays to all our guests.

We wish you keep us in good memory and we will be pleased to help you again if you ever decide to visit this city again.

Reviewed October 29, 2012

I just returned from a 4-night stay in Barcelona, and I really enjoyed Room Mate Emma. I thought it definitely lived up to expectations (I picked it based on reviews here) and it provided real value for money - my room was clean, spacious and very comfortable. The breakfast was really good, as was the free wifi. The hotel staff were all extremely friendly, helpful and personable, always willing to answer any questions. I loved the cool, zen decor in my room at the entire hotel, and it was always a pleasure to return after a busy day touring.

I think the location of this hotel is excellent, actually perfect for me. I loved the fact that I could easily walk to many of the tourist sites I visited, thereby getting a real feel for the city. It's really close to a convenient metro station, and the area is cosmopolitan but calm.

All in all, this lovely hotel had a great, positive impact on my enjoyment of Barcelona. I would definitely stay there again, and would happily recommend it.

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled solo
1  Thank Maxxe80
PepeFuxa, Director General at Room Mate Emma, responded to this reviewResponded November 24, 2012

Dear Guest,

As the acommodation manager of Room Mate EMMA and on behalf of our entire team I would like to convey our sincere thanks for taking your time to explain to other tripadvisor readers your experience in our hotel during your stay in Barcelona.

I would also like to express how proud all the staff feels knowing that we have met your expectations. This really help us to know that our daily efforts in each of ours departments are reflected in customer satisfaction and help us to continue in improvements to offer all our guests the best experience in their stays with us.

If you ever decide to return to Barcelona do not hesitate to contact us again. It will be a pleasure to all of us to welcome you again in EMMA.

Georgina Albarran

Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great location in Eixample and close to metro. We stayed for 6 nights in September and found all the staff very helpful and friendly. Our room was quiet and comfortable and the breakfast ch
oice wide and excellent. Hope to stay again.

Willem & Susan (Cape Town)

• Stayed: September 2012, traveled as a couple

Dear Willem and Susan,

Thank you very much for the comment you have made about your experience at Room Mate EMMA and our special thanks for your words about our service and staff. The whole team is very happy that our daily functions have helped you to feel comfortable during your stay with us.

Please do not hesitate to contact us again if you decide to return to Barcelona.

Best Regards,